Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Angel episode discussion: Belonging.

Tuesday, August 24th @ 11pm(ET)
"Belonging" TV-14-V, CC
A magic portal from another world brings a nasty demon and the Host's cousin to Los Angeles

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

BELONGING

The Good;
Very clever opening with the mirror in the resteraunt. The scene with Angel on the false beach is also great and all the stuff between Lorne (aka Krevlorneswath of the Deathwok clan) and his cousin "Again ,NOT a coward!"
The Bad;
Awful to see Cordy humiliated by the director, CC a veteran of loads of commercials in real life, I wonder if this was an experience she had? As Angel says, I thought demon violence was impossible in Caritas.
Best line:
Rondell "We been waiting on you for months, bro"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
The poor guys whom the Drakken eats
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Damsel in distress; the girl the Drakken takes as food 19
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cordy's tattoo; 6, they actually go to great lengths not to show it during the commercial shoot.
Cheap Angel; 7
Treats the gang to a fancy dinner but insists on getting his money's worth. Says he's not cheap just old.
Fang Gang in bondage:
Cordy: 5
Angel: 9
Wes: 4
Gunn; 1

Fang gang knocked out:
Cordy: 10
Angel: 12
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 1
Kills: Wes kills the Haclaar, Angel kills the Drakken
Cordy: 5 vamps, 1½ demons
Angel; 26 vamps, 33 and 1/2 demons, 3 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 3 demons
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 7 vamps+ 2 demons.
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 6

Characters killed: 2 guys by the Drakken
Recurring characters killed; Gunn's friend George
6;
Total number of Angel Investigations:
4, Angel, Cordy, Wes and Gunn

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat; Gunn suggests using a flamethrower against the demon, we've seen a member of his gang use one in War Zone
Wes; 3
Doyle; 1
Angel; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 2 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast
Angel: 2; Buffy and Darla
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:
Angel remembers when you could get a tavern wench for a few bob (presumably when he was Liam the drunken whoring layabout rather than Angelus). Needless to say Cordy looks incredible in her seashell bikini as indeed does her gorgeous blonde co-star who seems quite smitten with Angel and very taken aback that he doesn't notice her considerable charms on display. When Angel relates the description of Cordy's bikini to Gunn and Wes they seem very interested (still think of CC sexually?). And check out Angel fondling his axe as he tells them. Apparently Haclaar beasts feed and mate at the same time.
Captain Subtext;
Cordy describes Fred as pretty. Lorne says he used to chat up the senoritas at the bar when the other Pylean men were out hunting once again painting him as bi.
Know the face, different character; 2
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
Questions and observations;
Wes phones home, when we see his dad in 'Lineage' we understand this conversation better. Lorne performs an excellent version of Stevie Wonders 'Superstition', Andy Hallet's second best song on the show in my opinion. Fred for the first time. Love the way the librarian rationalises Lorne's appearance. He refers to Harry Potter, I don't know if it's deliberate but Wes the sorcerer has a little zigzag scar on his forehead throughout the ep.
Marks out of 10; 6/10 ok ep but not brilliant, promises much to come
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I loved the opening with them all eating at a fancy restaurant. Totally taking Angel out of his usual comfort zone lol. Don't know what the hell he was thinking when he accosted that woman because he thought he recognised a symbol she was wearing. Too quick to jump the gun, there, Angel. Though he might end up being right down the road, who knows. I loved how Cordy explained his actions. And poor girl when she was sick afterwards. Sounded like nasty food poisoning.

I loved how one of the actresses in the bikini thought Angel was walking straight to her and he just walked past her into the made up stage of a beach in daylight and basked in the fake sunshine. Aww. He so wants to feel that again!

Angel was right, normally Cordy doesn't take crap from anyone, so for her to let that director guy demean her like that was so upsetting. I love how Angel sticks up for her, but I can see why Cordy would be embarrassed by him doing that. What she was asked to do in the commercial made her so uncomfortable. All she truly wants to be is an actor and be chosen because she's good. I did like how Angel was awkward when she was ordered to de-robe and yet when telling Wes and Gunn later he went in daydream mode lol.

Always love seeing more of Lorne, he's such a fun character. It was interesting to learn a bit more about where he came from and his family.

Felt bad for Gunn when he discovers one of his friends he was meant to help was killed by a vampire.

Oh no! Cordy got sent through the portal! Is that because she somehow knew how the plan would work to send Lorne's cousin back home? I hope they get to her ok!
Old 12-02-2023, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok episode, but not great. The Pylea storyline wasn't my favorite. I used to hate the Pylea episodes. I've come to appreciate their merits as a light break after a dark season, but I'm still not massively enthusiastic.