Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Angel episode discussion 5x06: The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco

While researching an Aztec warrior named Tezcatcatl, Angel discovers that one of the employees of Wolfram & Hart is connected to the case. This old man was once one of 'Los Hermanos Numeros', a family of Luchadores (Mexican wrestlers) which helped the helpless until one day they were slain by Tezcatcatl. In the present day, Angel tries to help the last member discover the hero inside which he lost when his family were killed.

----
From TV.com

Last edited by lunas_borednow; 05-08-2009 at 08:48 PM
lunas_borednow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Banned

This episode was complete crap IMO. I seriously could not believe my show had fallen so far to actually make an episode like this one. I was incredulous the entire time I was watching it when it aired. It made me seriously consider quitting watching ATS. I only kept tuning in for JM and the glimmer of hope that CC might be back.

But wow....words can not even express how bad this was.

It made the episode She look like Emmy material.

I still want to knock my head against the wall when I think of this episode. Be gone from my brain The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco
I_Love_JennaJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

^ I have to agree.

This episode was absolute crap.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

... Why?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Banned

The story was.....pathetic. It gave a new meaning to cheesy and lame. It was not an episode that would have aired in a million years back in ATS' glory days. It was painfully obvious that the show had jumped the shark. Even the costumes that wrestler wore were...... The episode should have never, ever gone into production. Even the music sucked.
I_Love_JennaJameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

This is definitely my least favorite episode of Angel ever. It was so boring, and was totally out of the blue material.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

THE CAUTIONARY TALE OF NUMERO CINCO
The Good;
Love the return of the brothers and love the idea of El Diablo Robotico, we MUST see that in the Angel comics some time. Love Angel's cadiallac and the ref to Holland Manners.
The Bad;
Angel seems very rough with No5 at his apartment, he could have killed him! Don't you think Angel's rather full of himself about being the hero.
Best line;
Angel; "Wes, did you ever hear about the devil building a robot?"
Wes; "Ah, el diablo robotico!"
Angel; "No one ever tells me anything"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Hearts cut from bodies
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
In disguise; 8
DB/JM get's his shirt off; 17,
Cheap Angel; 7
Subverting the cliche; Angel's heart no good because it's 'dried up beef jerky'. No5 thinks Angel wants to drag him into the quest but actually just wants to give him some mail. After Angel's stirring speech No5 just jumps on the bus
Fang Gang in bondage:
Cordy: 5
Angel: 14
Wes: 7
Gunn; 5
Lorne; 5
Fred; 3

Fang gang knocked out:
Cordy: 15
Angel: 19
Wes: 7
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 2
Lorne; 7
Groo; 1
Connor; 1
Faith; 1
Fred; 3
Kills; Angel kills the demon with a little help from his friends (or should that be amigos?)
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 45 vamps, 61 and 1/2 demons, 5 zombies, 12 humans, one werewolf
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 14 demons+5 vamps, 5 zombies, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 18 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 11 vamps+ 13 demons, 5 zombies, 1 human.
Groo; 1 demon
Fred; 3 vamps+ 2 demon, 5 zombies
Connor; 16 vamps, 5 zombies, 2 demons, Jasmine
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 3
Angel: 3
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang;
Cordy: 4
Angel: 11
Fred; 2
Wes; 1
Gunn; 1
Connor; 1
Lorne; 1

Characters killed: 4+No5 victims, the security guards have to be the redshirts of the Buffyverse
Recurring characters killed; No5
Total number of Angel Investigations; 5, Spike however is now coming along for the ride on investigations.
Angel, Gunn, Fred, Lorne, Wes,

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 14
Wes; 2
Packing heat; Wes with his shotgun (nice gag about the weapons check)
Wes; 10
Doyle; 1
Angel; 4
Gunn; 3
Fred; 2

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 5 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis+Groo+Connor plus possibly the Beast
Angel: 6; Buffy, Darla, The Transcending Furies, Eve
Wes; 3 definite; Virginia, the bleached blonde and Lilah, 1 possible, Justine
Gunn; 2 Fred and Gwen.
Fred; 1 Gunn
Groo; 1Cordy

Kinky dinky:
Spike remarks he can't 'diddle his willy'. He again refers to Harmony as 'his old tumble' and is jealous that she's now Angel's pet.
Captain Subtext;
Angel remarks of 'the father will kill the son' to Wes who hasn't a clue what he's talking about. How much do the rest of the gang remember? Spike refers to Angel as a drama queen.
Know the face, different character; 5
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay
Buffy characters on Angel; 16.
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony. POSSIBLY The First Evil
What the fanficcers thought;

Missing scenes;

Questions and observations;
Great ref where the man who recruits number 5 is Holland Manners from season 2. Can anyone tell me whom the aging starlet Lorne is referring to? Wonder Woman referenced, this is at a time when Joss was planning the movie which sadly didn't come off (love to have seen ED or CC in the role). Very clear that Gunn is the most comfortable at WR&H. Angel's photographic memory again. Angel appears to limp some of the time, because of the beatings he's recieved or because DB's knee is giving him trouble? Note Spike knows how to defeat the demon through his poetic soul. Angel enters No5's home without an invite but does No5 dragging him inside count as one? So what happens the medallion after the fall of WR&H? Love to see it and the creature turn up some time in Fray.

Marks out of 10; 6/10, ok but not brilliant
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread