Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Angel episode discussion 4x12: Calvary

The gang try to re-ensoul Angel, but his soul is missing, and they must find a way to get it back. Meanwhile, Lilah tries to strike a deal with Angelus.

---
From TV.com
Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Loyal Fan

This is my favorite ep in Season 4, Its one of the only good ones.

I just think Cordelia and Angelus should've seen eachother face to face and rise hell together. Evil Cordelia was hot but the whole Connor thing and being Pregnant was not. If Cordelia wasn't pregnant, I believe her and Angelus would've talked. Then when Angel is resouled Angel and Cordelia would've confronted eachother, then a big fight scene. It would've been prefect!!!

What do think should've happened?

Pam: To Arlene's children: You make me so happy I never had any of you.
Eric: No, c'mon Pam, they're funny. They're like humans, but miniature. 'Teacup humans'.
Aerynv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Unfortunately, that couldn't happen because CC was pregnant. From what I understand, the original plan was for CC to go evil and the finale they would have a big showdown. I would've much preferred this, but it would be kinda silly watching CC trying to fight off Angel when she was pregnant.
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

CAVALRY
The Good;
Angelus is so evil and conniving you wonder if Holtz and co had a point? Altogether a great episode with so many wonderful scenes
The Bad;
?
Best line:
Cordelia; (stabbing Lilah) "Why do you think I let him out you stupid bitch?"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Some nastily implied racism when Angelus goads Gunn (Liam of course was also pretty racist to Gunn and Wesley in 'Spin the Bottle'). The vamps killing the firemen is also nasty but worst of all the tragedy of the vamped little girl, you realise why Holtz killed his daughter.
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
Fred wants to continue her relationship with Gunn after she learns of Wes and Lilah. But he turns her down, obviously been getting lessons in quiet dignity from the Groo (Riley could have done with some).
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cheap Angel; 6
Fang Gang in bondage:
Cordy: 5
Angel: 13
Wes: 6
Gunn; 4
Lorne; 4
Fred; 2

Fang gang knocked out: CC by Angelus
Cordy: 14
Angel: 16
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 4
Groo; 1
Kills: 1 demon for Gunn
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 41 vamps, 57 and 1/2 demons, 5 zombies, 8 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 12 demons+3 vamps, 5 zombies, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 11 vamps+ 13 demons, 5 zombies, 1 human.
Groo; 1 demon
Fred; 3 vamp+ 1 demon, 5 zombies
Connor; 12 vamps, 5 zombies, 2 demons
Fang Gang go evil: CC and how!
Cordy: 3
Angel: 3
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 4
Angel: 10
Fred; 2
Wes; 1
Gunn; 1

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed; alas poor Lilah, she was evil but I always felt there was hope for her.
9;
Total number of Angel Investigations:
Angel, Gunn, Fred, Lorne, Wes, CC

Angel Investigations shot: Angelus by Lilah (if she still had her pistol why not use that when Wes enters her hideaway?). CC takes an arrow
Angel: 12
Wes; 1
Packing heat; Gunn with the flamethrower we saw in 'Dad'
Wes; 7
Doyle; 1
Angel; 3
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: Interestingly it's Gunn who breaks up with Fred rather than the other way around
Cordy: 5 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis+Groo+Connor
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 3; Virginia, the bleached blonde and Lilah
Gunn; 1 Fred
Fred; 1 Gunn
Groo; 1Cordy

Kinky dinky:
Angelus threatens to rape Fred to death. He also tells an aghast Fred about Wes and Lilah. Angelus thinks Lilah wears a thong.
Captain Subtext;
Angelus thinks Wes is quite the dish 'if I swung that way'. Lilah comments that Lorne's suits make him look like Liberace. Lilah calls Fred 'honey' and asks if CC is trying to 'turn her on?'.
Know the face, different character; 4
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
What the fanficcers thought; read an interesting one once where Angelus wipes AI out but then Dru get's resouled and forms her own heroic gang with Lilah, Kate, Gwen, Oz, Justine, Bethany, Ethan Rayne etc

Questions and observations;
Interestingly in this ep we're told a soul can be destroyed which I didn't think was possible. We learn that Angel always suspected that Gunn killed Sidel. The soul-stealer was buried by the Chumash who are the American Indian tribe also featured in 'Pangs'. Nice scene with Connor and Gunn bonding during the digging. Well, hands up who saw this twist coming? Liars! Shocking an all pretty damn brilliant. But you know what, it only get's better from now on! Nice scene at the end where CC and Lilah almost seem to bond a little.
Marks out of 10; 9/10
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread