Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Angel episode discussion 4x04: Slouching Toward Bethlehem

Cordelia appears back at the hotel with no idea who she is or how she got there. She also cannot remember anything about her friends or her past. Worried that the full truth may scare her off, the gang attempts to hide the scarier parts of their lives from her until she is ready to deal with it. Unfortunately, that secrecy leads to mistrust on Cordy's part when the reality of their situation is revealed. Things get even more complicated when Lorne reads her mind and sees a terrifying vision of the future. Meanwhile, outcast Connor struggles to find his place in the world.

----
From TV.Com
Old 05-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Elite Fan

I this episode. The almost kiss between Cordy/Angel is just guh. I've watched it so many times and every time I keep expecting them to kiss but it never happens.

Poor Angel having to watch Cordy side with his son in the end broke my heart.

Cordy thinking she was a nun/spy was pretty funny too. And when she's looking in on Angel and Fred talking and they give her the creepy smile!
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

i really liked this episode up until Connor shows up after cordy is all freaked out i wanted to reach out and touch someone with my fist. but the almost kiss beteween cangel is
Old 12-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

SLOUCHING TOWARDS BETHLEHEM

The Good;
Like Connor's vamp hunting and some of the humour with amnesiac CC especially Gunn refusing to be a sidekick (having been the Alpha-dog all summer). For me the Wes/Lilah stuff saves this ep for me.
The Bad;
Much I'm afraid, especially the stupid looking client Gunn had in the hotel 5 minutes after he is unexpectedly back from Vegas. Also the vamp Connor sets on fire seems to burn very quickly compared to Dru and Darla who were soaked with a lot more petrol.
Best line:
Amnesiac Cordy; "I was popular. Well no suprise there"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cordy's tatt; twice, once when Angel pulls her off Lorne and once during the fight with WR&H's goons.
Cheap Angel;
Fang Gang in bondage: Lorne seems to spend most of this season knocked out and tied up to something
Cordy: 5
Angel: 12
Wes: 6
Gunn; 4
Lorne; 4
Fred; 2

Fang gang knocked out: poor old Lorne really seems to be getting it lately
Cordy: 12
Angel: 15
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 4
Groo; 1
Kills: 2 vamps and a demon for Connor. At least one demon each for Gunn and Fred
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 41 vamps, 57 and 1/2 demons, 8 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 12 demons+3 vamps, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 11 vamps+ 12 demons.
Groo; 1 demon
Fred; 3 vamp+ 1 demon
Connor; 8 vamps and 2 demon
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang: amnesiac CC
Cordy: 3
Angel: 9
Fred; 1

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed;
8;
Total number of Angel Investigations: not going to count Cordy just yet so 4
Angel, Gunn, Fred, Lorne

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat;
Wes; 6
Doyle; 1
Angel; 3
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 4 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis+Groo
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 3; Virginia, the bleached blonde and Lilah
Gunn; 1 Fred
Fred; 1 Gunn
Groo; 1Cordy

Kinky dinky:
Wes and Lilah at it again (doesn't she think to shower after sex?). I actually think the whole dollar thing is utterly charming. And of course Lilah's right, she played Wes but he betrayed her. Also in a sign of things to come Connor grabs one of CC's breasts in bed.
Captain Subtext;
Lorne has been borrowing CC's lingerie for a 'friend'?
Know the face, different character; 4
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
Questions and observations;
CC appears to think that she is actually a character in Alias which was Buffy's great rival at the time (but never came close despite Jennifer Garner's obvious loveliness and Amy Acker/Roger Moore guest starring). Gunn's fear of rats occurs again, Wes once again starts to take steps back into AI, it's actually Gunn who's more hostile to him than Angel (Wes can't help needling them about getting CC back only to immediately lose her again). Connor seems to be living quite well on the street but I guess if he survived Kortath (or however you spell it?) he can survive LA. And probably steals the vamp's stuff after killing them. He is lonely however and misses being part of AI. CC sings The Greatest Love of All which she also sang in Buffy's The Puppet Show. I freeze framed my DVD but unfortunately there's no one I recognise from SDH in CC's yearbook.
Marks out of 10; 5/10 very static, stupid demon, Lilah and Wes and CC's performance largely saves this one for me.
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I've never been a fan of long amnesia type story arcs, so I hope Cordy gets her true memories back soon. I hope there's also an explanation of how and why she was sent back. I get that she wanted the truth, but I think Angel and the others were right not to set the whole demon vampire Angel Investigations her being part demon herself on her straight away. That would have been a lot, way too much to put someone with complete amnesia through. It's always best to start gentle. And the way she reacted to Angel turning and seeing Lorne and that scared her enough as it was. It's interesting how she still had her instinct on how to fight. Lorne reading her though, he's never reacted like that before when reading her. It sounds bad. Real bad. I wonder what this evil that is coming is.

I'm still trying to work Wesley out. Is he only shacking up with Lilah so he can spy on her and then tell the others what he's discovered about Cordy's whereabouts? Can't blame Gunn for thinking Wesley might now somewhat working with W&H what with how they were set up so W&H could get Lorne's reading on Cordy when Wes was the one to tell them. Poor Lorne.

It's interesting how Connor calls himself Connor now and not Stephen. Cordy was quick to trust him than she was to trust Angel and the others, I know that's cause he tells her everything straight away about what he did to his dad. But still.

Not much else to really say about this episode. It was a bit slow and stagnant for the most part.
Old 04-23-2024, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

This had a lot of fun.