Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Angel episode discussion 3x20: A New World.

Friday, August 20th @ 5pm(ET)
"New World, A" TV-14-LV, CC
Angel pursues Connor, who makes a new friend on the streets; something else comes through the portal from Quor-toth; Lilah approaches Wesley.

Airing on TNT

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

I liked this episode a lot. The beginning scene of it was awesome. One of my favorite fights because of the slow motion and just what it meant overall to Angel. But this was a fun episode were we are first introduced to Connor the teenager. The only bad thing about the episode is when we find out that Holtz came back also.
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

I like the end with the big shootout and Angel getting it in his back from the shotgun.
Dark omega zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 04:32 AM
Addicted Fan

i liked it when connor ripped off the ear
*riiipppp*
"so he doesnt forget me"
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

He could add that to his belt of teeth from the things he killed.

I liked it when that guy came back later and said something like....

Tyke: "I'm sorry. Did you say 'no need for violence?' You may wanna speak up, you see I don't hear so good any more!"

~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

A NEW WORLD
The Good;
Anthony Starke who plays Tyke also played Ezra in the TV version of the Magnificent Seven, my favourite character, very Doc Holliday (he's also Sanchez's assistant Truman Lodge in the Bond film Licence to Kill). Love the way you can see Gunn and Groo just automatically reacting to Connors attack without a moments hesitation. Love Myrna too.
The Bad;
Connor jumping on the bus looks very fake. The shootout with the police looks like it belongs in the Matrix films as indeed does the initial confrontation at the Hyperion. Also, where is the body of the beastie that proceeded Connor through the rift? Holtz's makeup also isn't too good. CC's blood seems almost translucent which it wouldn't be unless that's a side effect of her half demon side. You can see Angel's shoulder reflected in the door when he tries to follow Conor outside
Best line:
Tyke; (pointing to where his ear used to be) "You'll have to speak up because I DON'T HEAR SO GOOD!"
just beating;
Fred; "Poor Connor he must be so scared"
Gunn; "Yeah he looked real scared when he was KICKING MY ASS!" (once again Gunn is AI's straight man)
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Sunny dead in the bathtub with the needle in her arm. Such realistic depictions of death and suffering always more disturbing than demons and vampires. Connor cutting Tyke's ear off!
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cordy's tatt; 10
Cheap Angel; 9
Fang Gang in bondage:
Cordy: 5
Angel: 11
Wes: 6
Gunn; 4
Lorne; 3
Fred; 2

Fang gang knocked out: Cordy and Groo
Cordy: 12
Angel: 14
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 3
Groo; 1
Kills: none but Connor must be quite the boy to fight off Angel, Gunn and Groo!?
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 39 vamps, 57 and 1/2 demons, 7 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 12 demons+3 vamps, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 10 vamps+ 11 demons.
Groo; 1 demon
Fred; 1 vamp
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 8
Fred; 1

Characters killed: Sunny ODs.
Recurring characters killed;
8;
Total number of Angel Investigations:
6, Angel, Cordy, Gunn, Fred, Lorne and Groo

Angel Investigations shot: Angel by the police in the motel shootout
Angel: 12
Wes; 1
Packing heat;
Wes; 6
Doyle; 1
Angel; 2
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 4 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis+Groo
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde
Gunn; 1 Fred
Fred; 1 Gunn
Groo; 1Cordy

Kinky dinky:
Tyke appears to be attempting to force Sunny to have sex with him in return for drugs. Connor is fascinated by a bra he finds at the squat. The Groo once spent 11 days standing stock still to avoid being mated with by a herd of Burrbeasts. He implies that he was a virgin before him and Cordy. Connor strips before Sunny and they kiss.
Captain Subtext;
Sunny warns him not to play 'teddy bear in the hole' with another of the residents.
Know the face, different character; 4
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
Questions and observations;
When does Connor reload his arm cannon, it has 3 tubes but he fires four shots? Note Wes keeps a couple of swords in the umbrella stand by his door. It's an interesting comparison between Groo and Riley, both love their sweethearts but realise they're not the ones for them so leave. However whilst Riley was pretty much agony to watch the Groo does it much more subtly and with dignity (maybe the writers learned their lesson?). The LAPD at the crime scene seem remarkably forthcoming to Gunn, maybe they're friends of Kate's? Connor intends to find Tyke from his scent, has he inherited his parents vamp senses? Angel says that Stephen isn't an Irish name, true but in Southern Ireland Boxing Day is also known as St Stephen's Day.
Marks out of 10; 7/10, pretty good
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Desperately sad about that poor girl Sunny who took her own life with those drugs she was given. She was probably the first ever friend Connor could have had. Can't blame Connor for not trusting Angel, I mean, all he has ever known as his father is Holtz and of course Holtz was only ever going to tell him the vampire side of his real father. And on top of that, he had to grow up in a hell dimension. So Holtz is back also, for one final piece of revenge of Angel. Don't like where that is going. It's interesting how strong and agile Connor is considering he is still only human, I wonder what training Holtz put him through.

Lyla going to see Wesley and talking to him about betrayal. I'm glad Wesley told her where to go. I hope he never takes her up on her offer.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Connor is not only human.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

he inherited a lot of vampire type abilities.