Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

Angel episode discussion 1x08: I Will Remember You

When Angel tells Cordy and Doyle that he did not contact Buffy during his visit to Sunnydale, Buffy pays a visit and expresses her displeasure. Sparks fly. As they are about to part their separate ways, a medieval demon charges into Angel's office and a violent brawl ensues. The demon escapes, and Buffy and Angel decide to pursue it separately. When Angel makes contact and kills him,he observes that he has human characteristics. The Powers that Be confirm that Angel is indeed human again. Angel pursues Buffy and they share a passionate night of romance. But the next day, they are confronted by a stronger version of the medieval demon, and Angel is unable to fight in his human form. After hearing that Buffy would perish if he were to remain human, he begs the Powers That Be to transform him into a vampire so that he can protect her. They do so, and Angel breaks the news to a heartbroken Buffy. However, their blessed reunion will remain only in Angel's memory...
Old 05-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

I this episode because I hate happy endings. I don't watch it that often because I'm not much of a B/A fan, but I really did enjoy Angel becoming human and then having to sacrifice Buffy. I get teary every time I watch it. SMG was so good in this episode.

I also loved watching Cordy get jealous: "Me?! Jealous of her?!"

She had a lot of good lines in that episode.
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that episode, full of Bangel moments. I mean the table sex= yum
☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

I loved the Angel/Cordy/Doyel moments, but other than that I absolutely hated the episode. I had to fight with myself to keep from turning it off. I felt sorry for Cordy and also for myself.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

My favorite episode of television ever Like words cannot express my love for this episode. It has everything, well for me a huge Buffy and Angel fan. It has love, happiness, tears, and sadness. And everything in between. And I just cry throughout the entire thing - even the happy parts because this is what would of been. And they were so in love, and it was easy, and good. And their final moment together was heartbreaking. Just imagine being them, it so sad. Sarah and David did so well in the episode, probably one of their best. They always worked really well together because it was comfortable between them. I loved how David said "Sarah, Please, Sarah." Like it doesn't get much better than that There is so much I can say about this episode...
Old 05-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I loved how David said "Sarah, Please, Sarah." Like it doesn't get much better than that
He did?

your new icon!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Yes Sid/Cassie

Yes! Um, when they are hugging in their final minute and Buffy is crying, Angel is pulling her in for the hug and you hear "Please Sarah, Please"
Old 05-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Is this for real on the DVD? I've never heard this!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

me either
Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I will remember you
The Good;
Love the Oracles to bits, they're just wonderful. Some great fight scenes and pretty much a Bangler's dream come true.
The Bad;
If the demon can regenerate and make itself stronger through salt why doesn't it just do that all the time?
Best line:
Female Oracle; "I love time, there's so much of it, yet so little"

Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Apocalypses: 4
Angel Cliches
Damsel in distress; nope, 2.
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 2.
DB get's his shirt off; 3 not only that but SMG licks ice-cream from his chest. Really is a Banglers' dream.
Cordy's tatto;2
Cheap Angel; According to CC he's too tight to hire a cleaning lady
Fang Gang in bondage:
Cordy: 5
Angel: 4
Wes: 1

Fang gang knocked out:
Cordy: 8
Angel: 7
Wes: 1
Doyle; 1

Kills:
Cordy: none this ep. 3 vamps, ½ a demon from her time in Sunnydale
Angel: 1 demon for Angel. So that gives Angel 8 vamps, 4 demons, 2 humans.

Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 1
Angel: 1

Alternate Fang Gang: human Angel
Cordy: 2
Angel: 5

Characters killed: two plant workers but then the day resets so no one

Total number of Angel Investigations:
3, Angel, Doyle and Cordy

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 5,
Packing heat;
Doyle; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: Buffy and Angel for the second time and it goes a whole lot better than the first. Trouble is she'll never remember any of it.
Cordy: 1?
Angel: 1;Buffy

Kinky dinky:
Loads of Buffy/Angel action. Cordy comments that when they get 'all groiny' the world falls apart.
Captain Subtext;
Know the face, different character; 2
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters appearing in Angel; (unless someone can correct me no original Angel character ever appears on Buffy?)
5; Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy
Questions and observations;
Cordy's family used to have a cat as well as her pony. Buffy refers to her (and presumably Dawn?) visiting their dad in LA, the last positive reference to Hank Summers we'll ever have. The only time Doyle and Buffy meet. This eps gives us a useful way in which to make vamps human, much used in fanfic as is the reset day. Question is if a non-souled vamp was hit with Mohra demon blood would it be resouled?
Marks out of 10; 6/10, literally an ep that never happened?
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

I LOVE this episode. Still makes me smile and cry like crazy.

I definitely heard the "Sarah, please, Sarah" line. Even when I recorded it on VHS tape.

I loved that they got to have the food orgy that they talked about seeing from that movie in Enemies. I loved Angel's smile when she licks the ice cream off of his chest.

I loved after they'd finished having sex and Buffy has her head against his chest listening to his heartbeat.

I love when he kisses the top of her head several times.

Cordelia annoyed me in this episode. I thought she was funny when she thought that Angel was going to stake himself because of his Buffy-missage and when she thinks the reason he came into the office during the bright afternoon was because he had an umbrellla and when she asked "Did you do it with Buffy? Watch it Doyle, don't get too close". But what was with her anti-Buffy rants? Blaming Buffy for the plant dying and insulting her outfit and telling Buffy that she can't have everything that she can't have Angel and save the world? I'd say that Buffy should be able to have Angel because she has to save the world. Buffy doesn't see being the Slayer as being a cool superhero with a great life. Its sacrifice and pain and loneliness. I couldn't believe that while Angel was getting to be human for the first time in over two hundred years and finally getting to be with Buffy again, Cordelia was whining about having to look for another job. At this point in AtS, she was still just after a paycheck.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

It is THE ep for Bangelers. I think CC hasn't the big Angel love yet, that's to grow over time
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Oracles: Come before us, lower being.

I love that line. ^

Angel to Buffy: When we're apart its easier. It hurts. Every day. But I deal with the hurt. But now, you're right here. Close enough that I can actually reach and...it's more than confusing, it's unbearable.

Angel to Buffy: I know now more than ever how much I love you.

I still wonder if the "end of days" mentioned was the BtVS S7 episode End of Days. If Angel wasn't a vampire would someone have still been able to give Buffy the information on the First Evil and the evil-cleansing amulet? Would Buffy have survived Caleb's death blow and been able to regroup and finally kill him? Angel did save her life in this episode and provided the key element in destroying the Hellmouth for good.

When the Oracles said that Buffy would die sooner were they talking about her swan dive off the tower in The Gift? Was Angel supposed to be there to help her? She told Spike to protect Dawn while she fought Glory and he wasn't able to do that. Dawn was bled when they only needed to keep her safe for another two minutes to prevent the ritual. Angel ended up still not being there despite being a vampire again because his current Seer stood too close to a portal and got sucked into Pylea. Being in an alt-dimension meant no vision of Buffy in danger.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 10-07-2009 at 11:32 AM
wilywiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think if you tried to figure out the actions of the PTB manipulating everyone you'd go crazy!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was that stated in the Pylea arc? That Cordy wouldn't get a vision of Buffy dying because she was in an alt-dimension?
Reply   Post New Thread