Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Passionate Fan

i'm glad to be back too girls, thx for you positive vibes and everything i needed a break but gosh how come the thread is so slow i mean i rarely post but i still can more or less keep up with the conversation this would have been unthinkable some times ago

Quote:
Yeah it's more frustration than disappointment but I'm putting so much pressure on myself this year that I have a hard times realising that I'm studying something I love and that it should be alright no matter what. I keep telling myself that there's no reason to want to be absolutely perfect all the time but it's not really working
Oh my god it's so great you're studying something you love have you changed your field ? You were studying law right ?
Anyway as Cris said once it's done there's nothing else you can do besides during the exams one lose something like 30% of their capacity so it's normal not to be at the top

Quote:
when the exams are nearer than before it's all about "oh my god I know nothing, i'm failing so bad i can't believe it, what the hell have I done with my time?"
yeah so true, man i have to learn how to work efficiently

Quote:
I instinctively do not exactly care about the result as much as I probably should.
Blah as long as it doens't stop you from doing your best, i'd even say it's a good thing you don't care about the results ... so you fully relax Being anxious is hell -_-"

Hey sunspot i'm Julie

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Old 05-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys... kinda new around here... this thread moves a bit slow though.
Either way
Old 05-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi Katrina welcome ^^ i'm Julie

Yeah you're right there not many peeps posting

Old 05-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey girls!!
How are you doing? I haven't been around here for ages!
Are the 'old' people still around?
one more connection to let go
floating down the river out of sight forever from my world
Old 05-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Tine ! happy to see you

Yeah the board is kinda slow and i've actually been posting again for only a few days so i definately don't know what's going on -_-'

Anyway what's up with you ? on a break or something ?
I just finished my exams ^^

Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Yes this thread is slow we were waiting for all of you to come back and post

Tine! Good to see you around here
There are some survivors here and there that come back from time to time but the 'old' people have pretty much all left

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina87
Hey guys... kinda new around here... this thread moves a bit slow though.
Hey welcome to the thread
It's a bit slow but things have been improving a little. Please stay around, it's not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspot
I think it can be fustrating if you get a low mark at any exam, especially if it ruins your whole final mark in one subject. But on the other hand it's a call to put more attention in your study and what you are being asked.
True. You only learn from your mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - cris -
Truth is, my thoughts towards exams change a lot (and I do mean A LOT) when I'm in exams time. When I'm studying at first it's all fun and games, you know "what else do I want, I have no classes left, all I have to do is read read and memorize memorize while I listen to some music and drink coffee"...then, when the exams are nearer than before it's all about "oh my god I know nothing, i'm failing so bad i can't believe it, what the hell have I done with my time?" but then the exam arrives, and no matter if I do bad or not, I sincerely don't give it much thought until the mark arrives. It just strikes me that the exam is over, and whatever I could have or couldn't have done with my time...it's not possible to change it anymore.
Well, I have exactly the same way of seeing things. When I'm in full exam period, because I usually have one exam a day, I'm all "this one is done, next!" and I don't think about the mark much until I get the results.

It only gets bad when I have the time to think. Like right now. I spent the last two days re-reading Hard Times again and all I have in my head is that the characters are stupid and that I absolutely hate Dickens. I have the feeling it's not going to help me

But I guess most of us have the same reaction when it comes to exams, with more or less stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Candyman-
I got two of my assignments back yesterday and I got a B. I really thought I worked hard and put alot of effort in, yet in the end I get a mediocre result It really does suck.
I'm sorry You've obviously done your best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cite Des Anges
Oh my god it's so great you're studying something you love have you changed your field ? You were studying law right ?
Anyway as Cris said once it's done there's nothing else you can do besides during the exams one lose something like 30% of their capacity so it's normal not to be at the top
Yes, I changed. I am now studying English (LLCE comme ont dit). It's really easy compared to real estate law!
I didn't know we lost capacity during exams! Always nice to learn something new. All I knew so far is that I lost sleep
Old 05-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I sort of know how you feel like now Cris. I got two of my assignments back yesterday and I got a B. I really thought I worked hard and put alot of effort in, yet in the end I get a mediocre result It really does suck.
But a B is not such a bad result, as Vi said you did as best as you could..and even if the results weren't what you expected they are still good! I hope you get the results you wish for next time

Quote:
but gosh how come the thread is so slow i mean i rarely post but i still can more or less keep up with the conversation this would have been unthinkable some times ago
We're long past the "we'll get a speeding ticket!" phase, now

Quote:
Blah as long as it doens't stop you from doing your best, i'd even say it's a good thing you don't care about the results ... so you fully relax Being anxious is hell -_-"
Exactly! I mean, sure I care about the results...I don't want to fail. I want to do good and I tend to get very identity-crisis like during exams times. As in, I always tend to think I'm not done for this, but I see no use of caring that much about the results before the exams are even here. I do my best, I do my exams...and then I worry

Hey Katrina!

Quote:
Are the 'old' people still around?
Tiiiiiiineeeee!

You know? I'd say YOU are part of the "old" people

Quote:
Well, I have exactly the same way of seeing things. When I'm in full exam period, because I usually have one exam a day, I'm all "this one is done, next!" and I don't think about the mark much until I get the results.
I get my exams much more separated. They are spread in 4 weeks! Which is good because I can get to study between test and test, but sometimes I wish I had them all placed in the same week, so I could stress for a less amount of time.

And now I'm off to finish watching the Champions League final match! Barça is losing 1-0. They have the worst luck ever, always doing amazing, always winning everything...and now they're losing the most important match. They are too nervous!
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 05-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I get my exams much more separated. They are spread in 4 weeks! Which is good because I can get to study between test and test, but sometimes I wish I had them all placed in the same week, so I could stress for a less amount of time.
Mine were supposed to be on a 4 week period too but because of the strikes it's been reduced to a 2 1/2 weeks period. So there's no real time to study between tests and the two biggest exams one day after the other
But is a longer period of time less stressing? You may stress a hundred times more when you know that you have no time to work in between.

Quote:
They have the worst luck ever, always doing amazing, always winning everything...and now they're losing the most important match. They are too nervous!
I can see a parallel betwen exams and important matches

One a funnier side, I cut my dog's hairs today. I just wanted to make them shorter for the summer but the results is... horrific. I should have never ever touched her. And she knows it too because when she looks at us, it looks like she's thinking that she wants to hide and never be seen like that by anyone

Last edited by Malha; 05-17-2006 at 02:12 PM
Old 05-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
And now I'm off to finish watching the Champions League final match! Barça is losing 1-0. They have the worst luck ever, always doing amazing, always winning everything...and now they're losing the most important match. They are too nervous!
don't worry girl they scored twice in a short lapse of time so i guess they've won ...

Quote:
I want to do good and I tend to get very identity-crisis like during exams times. As in, I always tend to think I'm not done for this
OMG this exactly me

Quote:
I really thought I worked hard and put alot of effort in, yet in the end I get a mediocre result It really does suck
Especially when people who didn't work at all get better marks

Quote:
Yes, I changed. I am now studying English (LLCE comme ont dit). It's really easy compared to real estate law!
I didn't know we lost capacity during exams! Always nice to learn something new. All I knew so far is that I lost sleep
Oh good, good
And yep we do lost capacity due to stress and everything, but as you said it's pretty much the same for everyone And sleeping is VERY important it's during your sleep that you really memorize what you've been learning :yes:

Old 05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I saw the match live! I'm glad they won. Hey it's not like Boca Juniors failing the 5 penalty shots in the final of the Libertadores Cup a couple of years ago, I think everyone wanted them to lose (me too)

Back to the exam topic, I really hate exams and obviously I didn't like to study for most, hopefully I didn't have to study much in my career, but the general studies were hell but it wasn't the big worry. I'm glad I'm done now but I think that now I have the courage to face exams better than when I was studying.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cite Des Anges
And yep we do lost capacity due to stress and everything, but as you said it's pretty much the same for everyone And sleeping is VERY important it's during your sleep that you really memorize what you've been learning :yes:
Yeah but we run round and round in circles because stress kills sleep. So maybe that's where the loss of capacity comes from?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
But is a longer period of time less stressing? You may stress a hundred times more when you know that you have no time to work in between.
I'm not sure at all. Sure you have no time, but the fact that the whole "exams phase" lasts about TWO months, is a complete constant state of "i have to study, i have to study, i have to study, NO! DON'T HAVE A SHOWER! YOU HAVE TO STUDY!" I am THAT paranoid. Of course that I am that paranoid doesn't take me away from taking one hour long breaks

Quote:
I can see a parallel betwen exams and important matches

Quote:
One a funnier side, I cut my dog's hairs today. I just wanted to make them shorter for the summer but the results is... horrific. I should have never ever touched her. And she knows it too because when she looks at us, it looks like she's thinking that she wants to hide and never be seen like that by anyone
Awww, our pets are the cutest!

Quote:
don't worry girl they scored twice in a short lapse of time so i guess they've won ...
I knoooow! It was sort of amazing. Whatever my father said, happened. They needed to score just one goal to feel confident and win it all, and so it happened. 14 years without winning it!

Quote:
I saw the match live! I'm glad they won. Hey it's not like Boca Juniors failing the 5 penalty shots in the final of the Libertadores Cup a couple of years ago, I think everyone wanted them to lose (me too)
I remember that year the final match has held in Barcelona, so even if Barça hasn't on the final everyone was going crazy and taking sides. I think it was Arsenal and Manchester United, and Arsenal was winning for the entire match, but AT THE LAST TWO MINUTES, Manchester scored twice...and so they won!

Quote:
I'm glad I'm done now but I think that now I have the courage to face exams better than when I was studying.
I think that every year that passes by we're more confident with ourselves. Of course our knowledge is wider, but we grow and mature so I guess it's normal things change!
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 05-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure at all. Sure you have no time, but the fact that the whole "exams phase" lasts about TWO months, is a complete constant state of "i have to study, i have to study, i have to study, NO! DON'T HAVE A SHOWER! YOU HAVE TO STUDY!" I am THAT paranoid. Of course that I am that paranoid doesn't take me away from taking one hour long breaks

As for studying...I find myself procrastinating lately and spendin gmore time on the computer oh man everytime I study i feel so distracted.

I'm glad Bracelonia won their match against Arsenal.
Bunny #1160.
1 2 3 4
Old 05-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jamie~

As for studying...I find myself procrastinating lately and spendin gmore time on the computer oh man everytime I study i feel so distracted.
I also feel distracted. A lot. There is always a tiny sound that is more interesting to me than what I have to study. Even if I love most of my subjects.

Quote:
I'm glad Bracelonia won their match against Arsenal.
Me too!
Old 05-21-2006, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'd like to be able to tell myself "Don't go on the net! Don't listen to music! YOU NEED TO STUDY! STUUUUDY!" but it never works. My problem is that whenever I start stressing and ask myself if I'm going to be able to learn everything I need to, my brain gets distracted and I'm thinking of all the exams I've had or passed before, all the successes, all the failures, all the mistakes and I start to imagine all the things that I could have done differently in the past, all the things that could happen in the future, to the point where I get caught up in my hyperactive imagination and completely forget that I have to study

Quote:
Awww, our pets are the cutest!
Yes and now that she's forced to sport an Elizabethan protection collar so that she cannot scratch her head she's all angry at me. She avoids me as if to say "you're the one who's made me suffer all week long. I hate you!".

And she purposefuly annoys me too. I've put some of my notes on my bed and whenever she lies on the bed, she puts herself just in the middle of them and then moves around a little to throw them on the floor. And when I move them, she moves with them. Also she scratches the plastic of the collar when she's around me because she knows it's annoying and it frustrates me. Okay maybe she's doing it because she wants to get her point accross that she's suffering but hey, it's not my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jamie~

Gah me too. Computers are dangerous things when you need to study!