Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey guys. Cool thread.

I went in February of 2002, and walked through the town square of Stars Hollow and Emily and Richard's house. When asked, the tour guide said we couldn't take a fake leaf from their back yard. I would've loved to have seen more (Rory and Lorelai's house, inside Luke's, Chilton/Yale), but since we went and saw the "Friends" set, we didn't have time (and I didn't ask). They did say that they were filming on another sound stage that day so we couldn't go in. (I'm thinking they were filming There's the Rub or an episode around there, based on my math. Maybe that's why we couldn't go see anything else.)

I would love to go again, now that I'm an even bigger fan of the show (well, I've been watching longer and we've learned more stuff about the characters and places they go), but I don't know when I can next make another trip out to L.A.
Last time, I got to see "Frasier" filmed the night before going to the studio, which was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, "Gilmore Girls" isn't filmed in front of a live audience.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by AvidTVfan
Unfortunately, "Gilmore Girls" isn't filmed in front of a live audience.
Can you imagine if GG was film in front of a live audience? Chaos, insanity, tons of shh-ing going around. The pace of the show would be so different, because every funny line would require an automatic pause. Phew, we are glad it's not.

They need what a lot of cardiac surgery operating rooms have: those overview glass panel that is soundproof, so people can watch from above but not disturb the actual scene. Do they have something like that for the sound stages?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~ CherylS ~~
The longer tour is great if you are interested in the behind the scenes stuff....wardrobe, dubbing, printing, etc. Our 4 hour tour turned into a much longer one because we had a great guide. The lunch is fun because you eat in a commisary where the celebs and producers, writers etc. eat. So you see all kinds of people you recognize there...extras and people from other studios. Plus, you can sit with your guide and they give you lots of extra info and answer your questions. We hapeen to get a young woman who loves every aspect of the business...she started out working on the Friends set and then decided the guide thing would be more fun. She seemed to know a lot of people both celebs and behind the scenes people. She took us all over. We got to see lots of rehearsals for shows to be taped.

You are also there longer so if a set is busy in the morning it maybe free later in the day. You have a better chance of seeing more. The guides stay in touch by walkie talkies so they know when sets are free.

Our guide knew lots of spoilers so that was great. Just be sure to let them know what you are interested in....they do try to get you to those places.

Keep your eyes open at all times. You will also see lots of people that are from othere studios because they use the vast amount of WB sets/locations.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your experience. It makes me want to go even more now! I hope when we go, I have the same guide as yours. Do you happen to remember her name?
Old 11-24-2004, 08:41 PM
Total Fan

Sorry I don't but you don't get a choice anyway. Although I know this girl always does the longer one when she is working. Or at least she did last spring.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks CherylS. I hope to go on the tour soon!
Old 11-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks you guys for the wealth of info. I sure am going on that tour no matter what. Good luck to those going next month and have fun. Remember, detailed feedback afterwards for us following in your footsteps.
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele
Old 12-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Supreme Fan

I thought I'd revive this thread, considering Alexis, Kitty, onetruething, and Gen are going to be taking the tour sometime next week.

You guys do know that you have to be taking notes the whole time, right? And, when you get back, we want alllll the details! Ya'll must be so excited! I'm excited, and, I'm not even going!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Absolute Fan

So I decided I want to go visit relatives in San Diego over Spring Break which is like the 2nd week in March...will they be shooting then? I can maybe convince them to go to LA for the tour!

SJ ~ Leave the Keys
Yankees...How you doin....How how you doin?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Total Fan

We were there in March. It's a great time to go. That's also pilot season if you like to watch for celebs. People that aren't usually there are there for new shows. And the weather is great that time of year.

They will still be shooting GG too!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
I thought I'd revive this thread, considering Alexis, Kitty, onetruething, and Gen are going to be taking the tour sometime next week.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhm so excited, and I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control, and I think I like it! Seriously, I finish finals tomorrow morning, picking up my cap and gown and then I go into excited panic organization mode.

Gen and Kitty, ya'll should have seen Alicia and I's reaction after we heard they would be shooting episode 13 while we're there. We figured it would be an okay trade off if we get to see them film that final scene instead of taking a million pictures of the Luke's Diner sign...which I still will if we get to visit the square.

I don't want to post the exact date we're going. Don't want any lurkers who work there to put security on alert and ban us from getting all the spoilers we can! Seriously, I'm asking anyone who passes by...no harm in asking right? So Drew Carey gives me a dirty look? I can live with that!

Kay, Kitty has your number right? We could call you and dish anything we see...oh, what if there's fake snow out? FUN! I'm thinking of making some impromptu "Official Gilmore Girls Reporters" T-shirts made...what do you think, too fangirly?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
[i]Ahhhhhhhhhhhm so excited, and I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control,
I'm excited for you just reading this! Excited for all of us, having such incredible spies on the lots during those crucial days...
Old 12-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Kay, Kitty has your number right? We could call you and dish anything we see...oh, what if there's fake snow out? FUN! I'm thinking of making some impromptu "Official Gilmore Girls Reporters" T-shirts made...what do you think, too fangirly?
Yup, she's got my number! Right, Gen?

If you guys meet anyone, especially SP, please call me and put me on speakerphone! Granted, I'll probably act like a total idiot, but, that's just unavoidable.

Duuuude, you guys should totally wear "a film by kirk" shirts! Aren't there some available on the internet?

Ooh, fake snow! You should steal some and keep it in a little jar. Steal something, at least. I've always wanted a Luke's Diner menu. Yay for kleptomaniacs!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
I've always wanted a Luke's Diner menu. Yay for kleptomaniacs!
Man, if this thread ever needed a shipper name, there it is!
Old 12-10-2004, 01:38 AM
Total Fan

And we expect to hear it all...none of this we can't say stuff....it will be first hand knowledge and you can't get anyone in trouble!!

Hope you have a fun day!! Try to behave and hope you see Scott and Lauren!!

Enjoy ~~ you deserve it! You have all been working hard and need a 'girl' day of fun!!

Last edited by ~~ CherylS ~~; 12-10-2004 at 01:46 AM
Old 12-10-2004, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

I have your number programmed into my phone already Kay

Oh man. We so have to steal something. Anything. A rock, A leaf. Anything. we can do it

Kitty has a "Film by Kirk" shirt that I borrowed for the premiere. haha.

I don't think we'll get to meet anyone, but I hope we get to see tons of stuff. And dudes, you'll be hearing everything and seeing lots and lots of pictures.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top