Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Total Fan

We got to see everything about ER the day we were there. They had just shot GG at the hospital so she told us about that. They used the ER set for that and the birth of GiGi. But used another hospital set for the flashback of Rory's birth so that they would look different. Or maybe it was the other way around...I don' remember.

We were the first group that got to see the Dragonfly set. They were just finishing the interior decorating so things were all over.

We had lunch in one of the commisaries so you get to see a lot of the actors there. Plus it was pilot season so there were a lot of people around who you would recognize.

We saw the American Dreams cast coming in to use the WB sets -- American Dreams is done at another studio in Hollywood.

We were lucky. We had a guide who loves her job and knows lots of people. Our five hour tour lasted seven....and then we talked to her out in the parking garage also. She sure knew a lot about the shows and told us many spoilers for last season.

The WW episode was the documentary style one about CJ. The writers name is Lauren Schmidt -- her uncle is Bruce Willis and her parents live in our little suburban town. She was actually nominated for a SWG award for that one.

It was so much fun that we are going back next fall.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I would love to do that tour... (that's the one that costs over $100), but I only had a half day in L.A. so we went first thing in the morning (9 am) for the 2 1/4 hour tour.

~~ CHECK OUT SUPERNATURAL THIS FALL ON THE WB!! ~~
Vote for a Jared Padalecki Forum!!
Old 11-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

I know it's OT.

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~ CherylS ~~
The WW episode was the documentary style one about CJ. The writers name is Lauren Schmidt -- her uncle is Bruce Willis and her parents live in our little suburban town. She was actually nominated for a SWG award for that one.

It was so much fun that we are going back next fall.
Access - the ep that Allison Janney won her Emmy for - very cool

Back in 2001 we actually managed to tour 2 of the 3 GG sets - this was largely due to them not returning till the next week to film

Twitter: nlm78
Old 11-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Banned

When do they usually start shooting for the new season? Probably I will take the tour next year - I really hope there will be a sixth season.

And when do they end shooting? Late April, don´t they?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

Depending on the type of show (sitcom or drama, etc) it can range from a show wrapping up in March/April.

Usually they return to work at the beginning of August.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 11-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

The Connecticut license plate is a magnetic plate they just stick on top of the California plate.

I've been to the tour twice already. So it'll be my third time coming this December. I'm hoping I see Scott and Lauren again. I think they should still be filming since they go on break at the end of December.

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 11-15-2004, 06:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~ CherylS ~~
We saw the American Dreams cast coming in to use the WB sets -- American Dreams is done at another studio in Hollywood.
Wait, so American Dreams is or is not shot on the WB sets? If so, then that does mean that Milo gets to see Alexis at work sometimes, right?
Old 11-15-2004, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
Wait, so American Dreams is or is not shot on the WB sets? If so, then that does mean that Milo gets to see Alexis at work sometimes, right?
American Dreams is primarily shot at the Sunset-Gower Studios in Hollywood. Both studios are not that far from each other, actually. So, I think it's fair to assume that they both visit each other's sets when they can.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:34 PM
Total Fan

It's amazing what a small community it really is. Studios are scattered everywhere....

We watched a taping of According To Jim and it (along with Malcolm In The Middle) was in a totally different area but still not far away.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by darcybennett
American Dreams is primarily shot at the Sunset-Gower Studios in Hollywood. Both studios are not that far from each other, actually. So, I think it's fair to assume that they both visit each other's sets when they can.
Thanks for the info, darcy. Aww, that is just too cute, imagining the two of them visiting each other's set, considering we had heard of Milo visiting the GG set quite a bit after Jess was gone, and also Alexis' photo shoots. She needss to visit him every now and then!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Milo's part on American Dreams is considerably smaller than Alexis' on GG. So it's far more likely Alexis will be stuck in the GG set and that Milo will have free time to visit her.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 11-16-2004, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread Lex, and to everyone for sharing your experiences and other info.

I can't wait to go on the tour this December
Old 11-16-2004, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

How many of you are going Gen?

I hope I can take the tour someday. The show needs at least one more season so I have a chance to get out there.

Old 11-16-2004, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

I think it's going to be Me, Kitty, Lex and her sister Alicia, our friend Sarah, and maybe someone else. It's gonna be a blast.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
The show needs at least one more season so I have a chance to get out there.
Word, hopefully, I can get out there this spring. If not, though, then, I want to try to go next season.

I'm so jealous of you guys, Gen!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top