Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

I did a set tour August 2004, when I was 13. We weren't allowed to walk around Stars Hollow but I did get pictures. I also recall them showing us Yale but we weren't allowed to take any pictures of it.

I should have picture of the sign and the gazebo but the album is in Canada and i'm currently in London so I won't be able to check for a couple months.
Melissa | icon; Kita

Last edited by just stand still; 01-19-2015 at 06:25 PM
Old 01-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
What part of LA do you live? I'm in Austin, TX. If you want, you can meet us for lunch or something that week and we can pick your brain on things to do?
Wow, you're all coming from different places. How fun!

I live in Santa Monica. I used to live in North Hollywood (right next to Burbank- WB studio), and Los Feliz (east side) before that.

Let me know when you'll be here and I will if I'm able to.

Make sure you go to the Griffith Observatory!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:38 AM
Master Fan

We're in LA from the 15th-24th of February. Hope you'll be able to meet up with us!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww, I love your pix!! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! Luke's diner, the way it used to be.

I hope you can meet up with us then? And I'm dying to see Griffith Observatory! That's on the list. The Last Bookstore is also on my list (like Rory, I'm a bit of a book geek). Last time we were in LA, we stayed in Burbank and visited Santa Monica, Hollywood & Los Feliz, cool areas. But I don't think I could ever get used to that traffic to live there!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
We're in LA from the 15th-24th of February. Hope you'll be able to meet up with us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I hope you can meet up with us then? And I'm dying to see Griffith Observatory! That's on the list. The Last Bookstore is also on my list (like Rory, I'm a bit of a book geek). Last time we were in LA, we stayed in Burbank and visited Santa Monica, Hollywood & Los Feliz, cool areas. But I don't think I could ever get used to that traffic to live there!
Okay, cool. I will have to let you know. I have a lot of things pending at the moment, and I'm not even sure if I'll be in town. I also work M-F in Santa Monica, so it'd probably have to be the 21st or 22nd. I'll keep it in mind and let you guys know when it's a little closer.

The Griffith Observatory just gives you a really nice view of the whole city and it's really easy to get to. I always suggest it to visitors. Try to go on a clear day if possible. Where are you staying this trip?

The traffic is insane. When I lived in North Hollywood I got a new job in Santa Monica and my 20ish mile commute took me almost 2 hours some days. It was horrible, so I moved to Santa Monica and now I walk to work.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

My sister lives in Santa Monica on 3rd street just a couple streets from the beach. Well, I guess that is one way to beat the traffic.

Thanks for the pics from your WB tour. It is so hard seeing the set in other shows looking so different.

Does anyone else have pictures from WB tours?
Old 01-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Your sister lives in a very nice area! I'm about a mile and a half from there.

I have pics from 2011, but I'd have to dig them up. I'll try to remember to do that.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

She has been there for a long time, and it has been a long time since I have been able to get back there. Before that, she lived in Sherman Oaks. I wish I had the money to go back. She was able to come here back in October and it was really nice to see her again.

It would be great to see your pics if it isn't too much trouble to find and post them. If it will be, don't bother.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Love the pics!

The Griffith Observatory looks awesome. I looked it up. I would love to go there.

We are very close to The Grove. I'm not too familiar with LA neighborhoods, but I looked it up. I guess it's La Brea.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Love the pics!

The Griffith Observatory looks awesome. I looked it up. I would love to go there.

We are very close to The Grove. I'm not too familiar with LA neighborhoods, but I looked it up. I guess it's La Brea.
It was our intention to visit the Griffith Observatory aswell when we were in LA, but we ended up not doing it, because we didn't know how to get there. Kind of wish we would have done it anyway. But we already know we'll visit LA more often in the future, so there's always a second chance.

If any one of you is a Charmed fan.....the house they are using in the show is standing in LA. We visited it when we were last there. Can surely recommend it!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Love the pics!

Cool. You're staying in a central area which is nice.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Cool. You're staying in a central area which is nice.
Yeah, that was a perk of the place. And I, too, would love to see your 2011 pix if it's not too much trouble?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
It was our intention to visit the Griffith Observatory aswell when we were in LA, but we ended up not doing it, because we didn't know how to get there. Kind of wish we would have done it anyway. But we already know we'll visit LA more often in the future, so there's always a second chance.

If any one of you is a Charmed fan.....the house they are using in the show is standing in LA. We visited it when we were last there. Can surely recommend it!
True. And that's cool about the Charmed house. I didn't watch that show.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Been to Griffith Observatory and the La Brea tar pits before, both were fun to see.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Is the Charmed house at a studio or freestanding out in LA? I used to watch Charmed, so that would be cool to see.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread