Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Virtual Gilmore Girls Discussion! #2 ~ VS9 has started!

AudiRox's complete season 8: FanFiction.Net - AudiRox

Virtual Season 9:

LJ: Virtual Gilmore Girls
Homepage: Virtual Gilmore

Post away

Last edited by Copop; 10-26-2008 at 03:30 PM
Copop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Episode 8.16 "It's Finally Ticking!"

Stars Hollow is gearing up for yet another celebration as Kwan and Steve have their first birthday. Everyone is on a tight schedule, as Rory helps to arrange the party, Lorelai considers some important offers for the Dragonfly, and Kirk starts worrying about his own family planning. Time is ticking quickly for them all!
Seriously ?!?!?! Seriously ?!?!?!?! and I ask again Seriously ?!?!?!?! Mike Armstrong around somewhere

We all know DR and his crew didn't watch the show but I always thought those writers did but well I must have been wrong there, too

And how many baby anvils does a season need And is the verdict going to be

1. We don't need a baby since we both have our own kids and well we don't have the time for it

2. We do agree on the baby making and well the wedding comes afterwards or never since we are so committed we don't need that ring on the finger (as long as we get a baby Danes I will shut up on that point )
Old 03-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the new thread Kathrin!
Didn't even realize we needed one lol!
I'm really glad we made it this far cause those webisodes and writers deserve it (even if I'm the only one that thinks so....)!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Chloie you're not the only one
thanks Kathrin
colorblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty twin (View Post)
it's disturbing not the guy who should be planning the family in this story, for sure
Maybe Kirk is going to ask Luke if he can impregnate Lulu in the diner since they got married there Hey Luke can probably assist him or give him some advice or something
Old 03-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh for the love of...!!!!!

seriously???
first of all Lorelai would NEVER< EVER consider again selling the inn!!! Only if she desperately needed money, or maybe had problems with Luke and Rory. but just for the fact to sell it?? wtf?
It would be like giving Rory up to adoption!!! and then still see her every weekend!

and I'm starting to believe the baby anvils are actually more for Rory now than Lorelai

I just feel it's really unfair for those great authors to write it, cause in this episode more than half was taken from the past eisodes, and no one can prove it different to me
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

I just revisited the end of season 5
Old 03-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Supreme Fan

why does only this VS get a link in the first post?

didnt we all agree that audis fic should be put up there as well?

--

i see that the VS8 still steels from the show but brings LL nowhere . i wont bother reading it anyway but its funny actually
Old 03-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Absolute Fan

Aww such a cute episode!
Rory's conversation with Luke was so amazing and heartwarming! I was smiling the whole way through!!
And Lorelai and Mrs. Kim bonding always deserves a huge smile from me! Great conversation between them!
So funny, Kirk running around town showing off his clock! And Emily and Luke agreeing!!

The episode was better then I espected! Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty twin (View Post)
and I'm starting to believe the baby anvils are actually more for Rory now than Lorelai
That is the one thing about this VS8 that is bugging me.
Don't get me wrong, I find it completely adorable that Rory is spending so much time with those babies and she's getting so caring and nurturing with them and good at looking after them but it does seem like they are trying to drop a bomb on us that they want Rory pregnant by the end instead of in a job and that is so not cool!!

I don't know. Maybe we are reading too much into this and maybe they are just giving Rory something to do and showing how great Rory is with kids.....Or maybe they are doing something completely awesome with this and showing how great Rory will be with LL's baby. Getting her prepared for it. Or they just want to show that now Rory can see what Lorelai had to go through. Making Rory walk a mile in Lorelai's shoes so to speak.

Hopefully it's one of the 2 and not the other thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullauren (View Post)
Chloie you're not the only one

Last edited by go_clo; 03-05-2008 at 07:00 AM
go_clo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Geez.
This episode was so upsetting.
First, hello?? Again an offer to sell the DragonFly? Boy, it would never happen, and if, Lorelai wouldn't even think for a blink of an eye about really selling it. And even more NOT without consulting Sookie and Michel at first.
That was really annoying to me. Good thing she refused both offers!

And then, the talk between Armstrong and Luke. I thought Luke would confront Lorelai with something like, do you wanna go traveling around the world or stay here with me, have kids etc... I don't know, I never expected Luke to make Lorelai want to take the offer. I don't get it.

Chloie, you're right.
I also have a feeling that we are prepared to Rory getting pregnant. With Mrs Kim's comment on Lorelai becoming a Grandma sooner or later. Boy.

And all this Kirk and Lulu and biological clock stuff?
I actually thought that would trigger ideas in Luke and Lorelai's head, ticking biological clock and such, but noooooo... Maybe this is yet to come? Boy, do I hope for that!!

And Kirk going on and on about his clock finally ticking. In fact, it made me roll my eyes instead of making me laugh. And, honestly, though Kirk is weird and such, he is by no means stupid. Meaning, he would have known you can't buy a biological clock in the first place.

But what made me laugh is the fact that the word "ersatz" (it's German) also exists in this sense in English.

Sorry about venting here, but this episode was disappointing in so many ways

And Franzi, yeah, I forgot. I'll add Audi's profile and the current epi there Thanks for reminding

Last edited by Copop; 03-05-2008 at 11:54 AM
Copop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
And then, the talk between Armstrong and Luke. I thought Luke would confront Lorelai with something like, do you wanna go traveling around the world or stay here with me, have kids etc...
Hey that would have meant them making progress in their relationship and that's something that's not going to happen in this season. LL moving in any direction Or heaven forbid start to create a family or becoming one

Quote:
I also have a feeling that we are prepared to Rory getting pregnant. With Mrs Kim's comment on Lorelai becoming a Grandma sooner or later. Boy.
Well so far there isn't even a guy in the picture and if she is already pregnant from that one night stand well that would have shown somehow already. Seriously if they go down that road they would even top the CL crap DR copied from Amy.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Geez.
This episode was so upsetting.
First, hello?? Again an offer to sell the DragonFly? Boy, it would never happen, and if, Lorelai wouldn't even think for a blink of an eye about really selling it. And even more NOT without consulting Sookie and Michel at first.
That was really annoying to me. Good thing she refused both offers!
I might not be a good Lorelai reader, like some might thing, but I know two things:
Lorelai goes for her dreams and never let go of them, only if they are backfiring on her, but never ever she would considering selling the in just for the fact to get it sold, never ever!! it Is her baby!
and she would NEVEr ever go behind other people's backs, not even Michel's, definitely NOt Sookie's, she isn't THAT selfish!

Quote:
oh god I'm gonna puke in a second, next we know is turtle showing up with: daddy I got pregnant at 15...... ending credits see ya in october
Old 03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
next we know is turtle showing up with: daddy I got pregnant at 15...... ending credits see ya in october
Old 03-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

i must say, this epi bored the hell out of me..nothing happened, the only good thing was Lorelai turning both guys down (this sounded weird ), other than that it was really boring..
i still hope for s9 though, girl can dream, right?
colorblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I might not be a good Lorelai reader, like some might thing, but I know two things:
Lorelai goes for her dreams and never let go of them, only if they are backfiring on her, but never ever she would considering selling the in just for the fact to get it sold, never ever!! it Is her baby!
and she would NEVEr ever go behind other people's backs, not even Michel's, definitely NOt Sookie's, she isn't THAT selfish!
Especially since we've been there done that already in season 5 and instead of letting Luke react in a different way we get a similar reaction like his networking is good speech We all got the memo that they need to work on their communication from time to time SO PLEASE WHY for Pete's sake do they have to grab into the same pile of crap over and over again It's annoying and tiresome.