Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Beautifully said. They're so adorable. It took me a while to warm to them, but as soon as I did I began to appreciate them more fully. They have SO much chemistry, every interaction between them makes me smile and gives me chills. They're endgame and no one can tell me otherwise. OMG just seeing Logan as a doting father would be the cutest thing on earth!
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well there is a part of me that is sort of letting go of fandoms although I'll still post here the revival did help increase my love for RL
Old 07-12-2018, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Why is that, Maria? Thank you for sticking around here, I really enjoy the company.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I often feel like giving up fandom too. It's so unpleasant. I was just laughed at because "Jess" and "Rory" got Emmy nominations and Logan didn't. That is the nonsense of fandom.

I did give up Gilmore Fandom at one time. It was the ATX festival that sucked me back in. So from sometime in 2010 to mid-2015. I don't think I could do it again. Just because I ache from how Rory and Logan are treated by the fandom. And AYITL just gutted me in both a woo look how beautiful they are almost married like and because of the cheating and the goodbye. Someone needs to stand by them.
huntzmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
I often feel like giving up fandom too. It's so unpleasant. I was just laughed at because "Jess" and "Rory" got Emmy nominations and Logan didn't. That is the nonsense of fandom.

I did give up Gilmore Fandom at one time. It was the ATX festival that sucked me back in. So from sometime in 2010 to mid-2015. I don't think I could do it again. Just because I ache from how Rory and Logan are treated by the fandom. And AYITL just gutted me in both a woo look how beautiful they are almost married like and because of the cheating and the goodbye. Someone needs to stand by them.
Yeah, fandom can be ugly and vicious, so much vitriol. I'm thankful we have a board like this where everyone seems to be pretty chill about everything and the Jess fans aren't in this thread desperately trying to rain on our parade.

That's how I viewed the revival in terms of RL, we could all see the chemistry was still palpable. It was so hard to see ASP sabotage their relationship in order to fit her 'history repeats itself' shtick. I'm just thankful we got to see them together and so happy and get a pretty awesome sendoff as well as a hopeful ending for them despite everything.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It just some of the nasty stuff now that tumbler and Twitter are more prominent. Plus I was called immoral for liking rl and left a bitter taste in my mouth
Old 07-13-2018, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
It just some of the nasty stuff now that tumbler and Twitter are more prominent. Plus I was called immoral for liking rl and left a bitter taste in my mouth
Seriously?! wtf?? How are you immoral for liking them? I happen to think the RJ relationship perpetuates violence against women but I'm not telling a RJ shipper that they're immoral cuz of it, it's just a TV show FFS! People are so nasty.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Plus someone sort of took something I said out of context about white privilege and things got out of control.
I do still read fanfics and maybe this year ill find a new show that I want to talk about like crazy. Right now I am more casual about the ones I watch and Jane the virgin is ending
Old 07-13-2018, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Seriously?! wtf?? How are you immoral for liking them? I happen to think the RJ relationship perpetuates violence against women but I'm not telling a RJ shipper that they're immoral cuz of it, it's just a TV show FFS! People are so nasty.
The Rj fans are half the reason I can't watch this is us. I am happy for the actors and I think matt's day will come but the literati fans need to sit the **** down.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

I enjoy This Is Us but I'm not in the fandom so I'm not subjected to that stuff, thank goodness! I can separate Milo from Jess and appreciate what he does in TIU just as I know people can separate Matt from Logan and appreciate The Resident. Anyway, I'll just stay here in my happy little RL bubble with you guys and I'm absolutely fine with that.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like This is us too. The fandom is pretty chill from what I seen on that show
Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I like This is us even if it's emotionally manipulative. I've always been a Mandy Moore fan and I liked Justin Hartley as Smallville's Oliver Queen. I like Milo too and have since Heroes. I can see him as other than Jess. It's the people who can't that can make it difficult. There is sooo many fans who have said that they know Jess will be a great dad because Jack is a great dad.

And Yeah I've been called immoral and amoral and blind for liking Rory and Logan. I just roll of eyes at that. All the GG characters are flawed. People just like to place their favorites on a pedestal. I can't help but see Jess as a conflict bringer as his role on the show. For Rory and Lorelai. He's a ship stall for L&L and Rory and her other boyfriends. But I know and understand why others see him differently.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's ridiculous Jack and Jess are different characters.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Jack and Jess are night and day when it comes to their personal character! Jack is so much more likable, despite his flaws. Anyway, back to adoring these two fabulously adorable characters:

Old 07-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

They are just super adorable

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top