Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2019, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Hey there, Kate, welcome back! I don’t want to see ASP ruin the RL story anymore than she already has so I’m not sure I’d want to see more but then there’s my nagging love for this show and these characters which make me think and feel otherwise.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Hey there, Kate, welcome back! I don’t want to see ASP ruin the RL story anymore than she already has so I’m not sure I’d want to see more but then there’s my nagging love for this show and these characters which make me think and feel otherwise.
Hi Jen!

I totally get that and I've gathered that a lot of fans are in the same boat. Personally, I have a very different read on the revival and R/L in particular. A lot of the characters that had their own perspectives in the series (Logan, Lane) were shorted quite a bit for the sake of focusing in on Emily/Lorelai/Rory. That's not a bad thing, in my opinion -- but it definitely limiting in granting context. Every time I have watched or re-watched, I don't see things as a death knell for R/L. I actually see it as a natural landing point for Rory's character (again, totally know I'm in the minority here) because she is so lost and so determined to live life on her own terms. As much as happy endings all around are attractive, I don't find them very satisfying sometimes, and I don't think a nice tidy bow on R/L at the end of the revival would have felt right.

So much context is left out. We don't know Logan's context at all, really. We don't know the real story with Odette. Every answer he gives is non-committal and that last scene where Rory is ready to go from the Inn and Finn is trying to stop her -- I can't help but think there is so much untold in that scene.

I won't continue to rattle on about this because I've truly been thinking about it since the credits rolled on my initial viewing of "Fall", so I could fill many, many pages.

My Sophie hopes aren't dead, just realistically delayed, I think. That and the fact that, as much as I love R/L, I love the show for so much more than R/L, are why I think I'll always want more.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good analysid
Old 03-16-2019, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)
Hi Jen!

I totally get that and I've gathered that a lot of fans are in the same boat. Personally, I have a very different read on the revival and R/L in particular. A lot of the characters that had their own perspectives in the series (Logan, Lane) were shorted quite a bit for the sake of focusing in on Emily/Lorelai/Rory. That's not a bad thing, in my opinion -- but it definitely limiting in granting context. Every time I have watched or re-watched, I don't see things as a death knell for R/L. I actually see it as a natural landing point for Rory's character (again, totally know I'm in the minority here) because she is so lost and so determined to live life on her own terms. As much as happy endings all around are attractive, I don't find them very satisfying sometimes, and I don't think a nice tidy bow on R/L at the end of the revival would have felt right.

So much context is left out. We don't know Logan's context at all, really. We don't know the real story with Odette. Every answer he gives is non-committal and that last scene where Rory is ready to go from the Inn and Finn is trying to stop her -- I can't help but think there is so much untold in that scene.

I won't continue to rattle on about this because I've truly been thinking about it since the credits rolled on my initial viewing of "Fall", so I could fill many, many pages.

My Sophie hopes aren't dead, just realistically delayed, I think. That and the fact that, as much as I love R/L, I love the show for so much more than R/L, are why I think I'll always want more.
I like to think of it as an open ending. But, I suppose I am more disappointed in seeing Logan move proverbially backwards than anything specifically with RL as a couple. Rory floundering if anything made me love her more much like I felt in s6 with her rift and dropping out of Yale.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ah! I’ve been meaning to respond to this but forgot! Anyway, I couldn’t agree more with you, especially on this bit. I love RL but I also love a bunch of other characters in this show so my appetite for more will always be plentiful.

Shu - You’re right, it was very much an open ending so there are so many possibilities to where the show would go.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:39 AM
Addicted Fan

And I would agree with you, Shu, about it seeming that Logan slipped backward a bit -- I think that was the great travesty of AYITL -- but I've tried to look at it as Logan's perspective was incomplete in light of the prominence of the Rory/Lorelai/Emily storylines. AYITL wasn't about his POV -- but Matt snuck in a whole host of emotion into his expressions during their scenes. There's more there. There has to be! At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Which brings me to the fic I've been writing for 2+ years now ... I finally put up the prologue yesterday, which felt super bizarre after working on and refining it for so long. it's Logan's perspective in parallel to the revival storyline: A Year in Polychrome (on Fanfiction.net)

Maybe you'll like it. Maybe you won't. It's fully written, so nothing's going to change because of reader feedback -- but I do hope some of you might give it a try!
Old 03-20-2019, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And I would agree with you, Shu, about it seeming that Logan slipped backward a bit -- I think that was the great travesty of AYITL -- but I've tried to look at it as Logan's perspective was incomplete in light of the prominence of the Rory/Lorelai/Emily storylines. AYITL wasn't about his POV -- but Matt snuck in a whole host of emotion into his expressions during their scenes. There's more there. There has to be! At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Which brings me to the fic I've been writing for 2+ years now ... I finally put up the prologue yesterday, which felt super bizarre after working on and refining it for so long. it's Logan's perspective in parallel to the revival storyline: A Year in Polychrome (on Fanfiction.net)

Maybe you'll like it. Maybe you won't. It's fully written, so nothing's going to change because of reader feedback -- but I do hope some of you might give it a try!
Oh I am so excited. I have gone absolutely nowhere with my post ayitl fic because somehing beautiful has been occupying my mind.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks I will get to it soon
Old 03-31-2019, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rory and Logan kid

"You made me your friend."
Old 04-01-2019, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

That’s cool. I love how they include Luke as a cool grandpa.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah she's a jj she has if they have a kid for all the couple she ships
Old 04-05-2019, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, that's good to know. I love the idea of Logan as a father. I think he'd be such a great dad and would have so much fun with a kid.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he would want to correct his parents mistakes
Old 04-10-2019, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Very true.

I can’t help but think the happiest we saw Rory in the revival was when she was with Logan, amiright?
Old 04-15-2019, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep she definetly shined the most even Emily remarked she was in love