Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2017, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Hey there, Andrea! Welcome to the RL thread!! We ALL feel you on that front here. The revival was VERY frustrating to watch as RL fans but I was thankful we got to see them so much in it. They obviously are still mad for each other and now that Rory is pregnant with his child I can't help but hope they'll work it out in the future and become one happy family. I'm the type of person who looks at things positively and for that specific reason I don't want anymore episodes/seasons of GG. Please let us continue their love story in our minds and hearts so we don't have to endure ASP screwing them up again. I'm going to go watch that vid now, thanks for sharing and posting it.

Welcome back, Maria! Hope you had a nice trip?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Welcome back fox24!!

Yeah, at first I would have loved if they made more episodes in the future, but when I read an article about that possibility (it was from March this year) I began to panick a bit. Because ASP created Logan to be Rory's Christopher so... I don't think it would be a happy ending for us xD

I actually never saw the resemblance, only the thing that they both come from a wealthy family and that they both were expelled from school and such. But other than that, I think they are quite different. In both their personality and how they treat Lorelai and Rory.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I never saw the resemblance.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't see any resemblance between Christopher and Logan either.
However, I see resemblance between Lorelai's situation and Rory's situation.

Problem: Lorelai is pregnant and 16 years old. Solution: marring Christopher. Obstacle: Christopher is only 16, he is immature, he (they) is not ready for marriage. And do they even love each other enough (or understand concept of longterm love at that age)?

Problem: Rory's career didn't work out, she didn't fulfill her plans, she is a mess. Solution: She would be amazing Mrs. H., high society wife (we saw her at DAR) and she would be with the man she loves, the father of her child. Obstacle: She would have to embrace Logan's family's lifestyle, she would have to cope with his relatives and she might never be able to build her own career.

Lorelai and Rory are both in delicate situation. Simple solution to their problems (being teenage single mom or career failure) would be a marriage to Christopher/Logan. But there would have to be some compromises.

So, in that sense - as a solution for her problems - Logan could be seen as Rory's Christopher. Well, maybe?
But it's still not the same, because Lorelai would give up practically her entire life, on the other hand Rory would only give up her career and become high society wife.

Last edited by tanaja; 08-25-2017 at 03:45 PM
Old 08-25-2017, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Bennet (View Post)
Yeah, at first I would have loved if they made more episodes in the future, but when I read an article about that possibility (it was from March this year) I began to panick a bit. Because ASP created Logan to be Rory's Christopher so... I don't think it would be a happy ending for us xD

I actually never saw the resemblance, only the thing that they both come from a wealthy family and that they both were expelled from school and such. But other than that, I think they are quite different. In both their personality and how they treat Lorelai and Rory.
No, it wouldn't be a happy ending for us, so please no more!

I'm glad you think the same way I do about that "character parallel". Logan and Christopher couldn't be more different from each other in personality.

I don't even think she'd have to embrace Logan's family's lifestyle, I very much think they could go off and do their own thing without his father's interference or assistance. Logan needs to grow a pair and steer clear from that dynastic plan!
Old 08-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Completely agree with that. Because in the end Logan always tried to do what Rory wanted.

Btw, I found this the other day, and it's a really interesting reading: Gilmore Girls: Amy Sherman Palladino Was Team Logan All Along? - Miral
It's quite long, but it's worth it. There are more posts on her livejournal, one for each episode of the revival and some more that speak about little details. But that one is the one that speaks a bit of everything.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks guys it was fun
Old 08-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Completely agree with that. Because in the end Logan always tried to do what Rory wanted.

Btw, I found this the other day, and it's a really interesting reading: Gilmore Girls: Amy Sherman Palladino Was Team Logan All Along? - Miral
It's quite long, but it's worth it. There are more posts on her livejournal, one for each episode of the revival and some more that speak about little details. But that one is the one that speaks a bit of everything.
Oh, that's a great read, thanks so much for posting! I can't help but agree with most every point she's making and examples she cites. Even in the revival their love was palpable, I was very appreciative that we even got that!
Old 08-26-2017, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Her whole meta was fascinating. It actually makes me want rewatch the revival.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a good read
Old 08-28-2017, 05:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Although is not new, I thought maybe someone didn't read it yet and as it helped me to be a little more in peace with the revival, I wanted to share it!
Old 08-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Her whole meta was fascinating. It actually makes me want rewatch the revival.
I plan to do that soon too.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 08-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung Hero (View Post)
I plan to do that soon too.
I need to do it cause this fic monster is brewing in my mind. But, the school year is about to start so that will have to wait.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I need to do it cause this fic monster is brewing in my mind. But, the school year is about to start so that will have to wait.
This makes me feel a bit bad about the fact that I started my first rewatch of the OS the other day
Old 08-29-2017, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
This makes me feel a bit bad about the fact that I started my first rewatch of the OS the other day
I am a school teacher, but this is the first time going back to work after two years. I feel gulty spending my planning time on here. But, some habits are hard to break.