Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah after the revival. I really feel we dodged a bullet. I think she might have had logan unfaithful in London or something
Old 03-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I feel if Logan was the one unfaithful they would just break break up. Rory would have to be the one unfaithful imo. Rory would still be in love with Logan, he just wouldn't be the one there. Sometimes Rory acts impulsively. And when she's mad or unsure she can ghost. I think post-s6 Logan would take half of his AYITL storyline and half of Paul's.

In the first episode of the s7 we got, Rory tells Lorelai she isn't sure where her and Logan stand because of how they were last time they weren't together. I believe that first episode is filled with tells of what Amy planned for the beginning of her version.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I could see London getting to much for Rory and her kissing a guy
Old 03-29-2018, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Amy had nothing to do with season 7. Amy said season 6 was it for her. If Amy had been writing season 7, she probably would have had Logan cheating on Rory in London and Rory maybe going back with Jess if MV had been available. She might have had Rory cheat on Logan. If not, she would have found someone else. She probably would have had Rory and Logan get back together or sleep together and Rory sleeping with the other guy and then WTD at the end of the series. It didn't sound like she would have revealed the father either. She planned to end it with the last four words in the series 7 finale

LG was not a fan of season 7 according to the book I read. She said it wasn't the same. I didn't really notice anything different except the lack of Luke and Lorelai scenes. After watching reruns, I am glad we had different writers for season 7. They wrote Rory and Logan with a mature, healthy relationship even being so far apart

I think we got the better deal. I would rather see Rory and Logan cheat with each other than on each other

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"

Last edited by hshapir2; 03-29-2018 at 02:22 PM
Old 03-29-2018, 02:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Amy planed arcs and plot points in advance. New show runner DR(who wrote the s7 premiere) and a couple of the other writers were on the show while Amy was still there.

Amy used Jess the exact way she used Chris, to bring conflict to the main relationships so I could see Rory spending time with Jess. It would have broke me to see Rory making out with Jess after what happened at the end of S3.

Last edited by huntzmore; 03-29-2018 at 02:37 PM
Old 03-29-2018, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks. According to Amy, she would have ended season 7 with Rory pregnant. Maybe, they didn't want to end it how she planned to

Old 03-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
Thanks. According to Amy, she would have ended season 7 with Rory pregnant. Maybe, they didn't want to end it how she planned to
Oh Amy kept those final four words between her and Dan. And the s7 writers were walking a balance between a probable cancellation but still a chance for a s8. Though they did have a young pregnancy with Lane's and they ended the show in a moment at Luke's that was a full circle to how the pilot ended.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh Amy kept those final four words between her and Dan. And the s7 writers were walking a balance between a probable cancellation but still a chance for a s8. Though they did have a young pregnancy with Lane's and they ended the show in a moment at Luke's that was a full circle to how the pilot ended.
Thanks. I got to see an episode I hadn't seen in a while. It was when Rory writes and article about Logan's internet party and they got into a fight. I liked how they handled it in a mature way. He was mad at her and then she got upset. She goes to talk to her new friends about it. She realizes he had a point. Then, he apologizes when she comes home and she does too. She decides to move out because he's going to be moving. There was no big drama with a third party or getting drunk

Old 03-30-2018, 05:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes s7 had them, Logan especially, very mature. It's super rare on Tv to see couples acting in a mature way. Logan was finally grown up. It was a stark change. But It really built their connection. Well until the proposal. Which just makes me sad.

Last edited by huntzmore; 03-30-2018 at 05:22 AM
Old 03-30-2018, 05:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes s7 had them, Logan especially, very mature. It's super rare on Tv to see couples acting in a mature way. Logan was finally grown up. It was a stark change. But It really built their connection. Well until the proposal. Which just makes me sad.
Even if they got married, Amy could have had them cheating on each other in the revival. I found out Gina Fattore wanted Rory to be on her own in the last episode without a guy. She could have talked David Rosenthal out of Rory and Logan getting married

Old 03-30-2018, 06:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I get the wanting Rory single heading into the final episodes. It makes me sad how it was done. I just don't believe Logan, either the one form seasons 5,6 or 7, would propose in front of Rory's grandmother's friends. And he never would have been all or nothing. I see Rory deciding that she couldn't go to California because it was too far away from Lorelai and Stars Hollow. And even though she loved Logan she wasn't going to let him lose that opportunity for her.

I don't see season 7 ending with Rory and Logan married even if she had accepted his proposal. Amy would have just broken them up before the wedding. Engaged isn't married. I did read a good fanfiction once about Logan and Rory are divorced but still sleep together. They saw each other more now that they were divorced. They ended up having a baby. Of course, it ended with a happy ending and Amy does not believe in happy ever after stories.

As for Amy's post s6, all we really know is that Rory and Logan wouldn't have survived the Long distance relationship. And Rory would have ended single and pregnant at 22 or 23. Right when her career was first stating. Amy would have ended on that news. But we would know Rory wouldn't have the chance to be a traveling journalist and chase the story at its source the way she wanted. Instead, she would make life and career choices based on what was best for the baby. And that would have been the point. The full circle.

Where Rory is in life was the only thing that mattered to Amy in this concept. She didn't care that she would have to change characters or disappoint young fans who had Rory for a role model and those fans who watch to experience the magic that Gilmore was able to deliver. Ending on such a heartbreak full circle of Rory not getting her dream because of a young pregnancy would have just been a nightmare back when the show first aired. It was better now but still super heartbreaking.

Last edited by huntzmore; 03-30-2018 at 04:27 PM
Old 03-30-2018, 07:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

Let's take our mind off Amy's "fun" intentions and remember Logan&Rory have fun and are never bored

Old 03-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks and I agree it's best to focus on the good times
Old 03-31-2018, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

I like how Logan stood up for Rory with his mother and grandfather

Old 03-31-2018, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

I just saw some gifs that I have never seen. I don't remember this scene. What episode is this? Thanks

I have another question. I am trying to find out what episode is the one where Logan meets Rory's friends in season 7. Thanks

Closed Thread   Post New Thread