Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2017, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I think Jess was intriguing to Rory. He was mysterious and aloof ... but she pretty quickly realized that she didn't want that. I think the chase was exciting for her but the reality was terrible.

And now he still pines for her and it's clear that she doesn't really ever think about him ... but Logan she could never let go of after all the years that passed. And then when she thinks she can she gets pregnant ... it's like a very big sign that she is meant to be with him, and now all she has to do is say so.

I thought the revival made it very clear that she has no feelings for Jess like that anymore ...
Well said
Old 02-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for the link, Ty, although it's closed now.

If she ends up with Jess it'd definitely be settling to me and their love won't be nearly as strong nor their connection as deep as that of hers with Logan. Logan is the only guy to go toe to toe with her in all facets of life. He just makes sense.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

I feel like if ASP had been able to do this storyline during season 7 instead of a revival, jess wouldn't have been brought it. I think because of the revival they wanted to bring back everyone and so they had to write in Jess somehow but I think making him still be interested in her even after 10 years is a bit much.

Also I think if rory were to choose jess, she would be settling and trying to be safe. I think she has always been scared of how logan affected her and how he made her come out of her comfort zone.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretlifefan1001 (View Post)
I feel like if ASP had been able to do this storyline during season 7 instead of a revival, jess wouldn't have been brought it. I think because of the revival they wanted to bring back everyone and so they had to write in Jess somehow but I think making him still be interested in her even after 10 years is a bit much.

Also I think if rory were to choose jess, she would be settling and trying to be safe. I think she has always been scared of how logan affected her and how he made her come out of her comfort zone.
I agree with all of this. I think he was brought back just to please fans and to incorporate him in a little way because she was bringing back everyone she possibly could.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I think he was brought back just to please fans and to incorporate him in a little way because she was bringing back everyone she possibly could.
IMO not. Jess is not just Rory's boyfriend, but also Luke's family member.
IMO relationship Luke/Jess is a contrast to relationship Emily/Lorelai. Relationship with Jess was much more hopeless, Jess could have ended in jail or death.
But not only are Jess and Luke now very close, but with Luke's help Jess turned his life around and became a good man. It tells a lot about Luke, and how different he and Lorelai are.

However "the pining look" seemed out of the context. Maybe studio demanded it. They have encouraged "Team Jess", "Team Logan", "Team Dean" with their promotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
Even if Odette also has a child, Logan will be there for his children. Logan loves Rory and works within what she asks of him to give her what she wants.. Just imagine Logan doing everything he can to treat his mini-Rory like a princess.
Oh, I bet that Logan will love his child. And he would love to treat his mini-Rory like a princess. And he probably will to some degree.

But will Rory let him raise her child as a part of his Huntzberger family? Sooner or later Huntzbergers would pull a child into their world of privilege, obligations and arrogance. If child will spend time (weekends, holidays, afternoons) with Logan at his home, kid will live with all Logan family members. Also Mitchum - who will make sure to make influence into his grandchild's life.
And than there is Odette. She could be horrible stepmother or (more likely) a wonderful stepmother (Emily and perhaps also Lorelai were very jealous of Christopher's fiancee). Rory's kid might enjoy time with stepmother too much for Gilmore taste.

Or Rory could raise the child alone and Logan will call his kid a lot and visit a child, when he will be able to (will be in the same area/same continent). A little bit like Christopher.
Both options are possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
I do believe one of the reasons for a marriage is to eventually start a family. Children are important to old families. But this is 2016/2017 and forced Marriage is bull****. I'm sure Logan is with Odette because they have stuff in common. I don't imagine her being Shiva like -her and Logan are probably two people who make family time more bearable for each other. And it works because their families respect each other. I can see them being asked about marriage and children all the time. I think they are getting married because it's time. Even if they aren't in love with each other and know the other has felt real love in the past.
This seems very likely. Logan was alone in Europe (while Rory was with her forgettable boyfriends), probably bored and he must have found a pleasant companion for his life.

Besides that, there will be financial agreements between families. Divorce might be in this volatile time for publishing industry too expensive. It might seriously hurt his parents, his sister, staff in their companies. A lot of people could lose their jobs.

I still didn't understand, what was Rory thinking? Why was she with Paul? Why didn't she fight for Logan more?
Was she afraid of her feelings or was she afraid, that Logan would have left her forever, if she asked him to leave Odette?

Last edited by tanaja; 02-18-2017 at 06:08 AM
Old 02-16-2017, 06:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Rory won't have a choice if Logan wants to spend time with his child. And he would. He has shown that he's there for the people he loves.

Amy can do whatever she wants but we should be trying to encourage her to keep characters in character and situations believable for 2016/2017.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

If you look back at the past seasons, every time jess has come back or tried to get back together with rory she has turned him down. That should show that although she might care about him, he is more of a friend to her and her love for logan will always be stronger than her care for him.

He couldn't get her to come with him before logan and then even when he kissed her when they were in Philadelphia, he couldn't get her to be with him now that Logan is with her. Both times that she has been with logan and jess was there, she has chosen logan no matter how angry she was with him.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
IMO not. Jess is not just Rory's boyfriend, but also Luke's family member.
IMO relationship Luke/Jess is a contrast to relationship Emily/Lorelai. Relationship with Jess was much more hopeless, Jess could have ended in jail or death.
But not only are Jess and Luke now very close, but with Luke's help Jess turned his life around and became a good man. It tells a lot about Luke, and how different he and Lorelai are.
I buy that conceptually, but execution-wise I think she failed. I would've liked to have seen more of the Luke/Jess relationship fleshed out, especially in the revival, in order to support that theory. Since we weren't privy to Jess's "improvement" because Milo left the show, I couldn't even contribute his growth to Luke OR Rory.

I'm sure Logan would be a great father.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do like parts of the Luke and Jess relationship and I admit I did enjoy his scenes in the revival. I do wish they had made Jess originally younger or not hook up with Rory back in the day. I do get that Jess was suppose to be new and exciting at the time but I don't believe they'll past adulthood
Old 02-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Old 02-22-2017, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks I love that episode
Old 02-22-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just love this vid

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-22-2017, 01:22 PM