Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I don't get that. So cause Lorelai did the opposite of her mom, Rory will do the same as hers? I think she'll end up on a different path than either Emily or Lorelai. .
I am saying something similar like you.

Lane's fate is similar to the fate of her mother and her grandmother. Paris is just the way her mother was (her kids are raised by nanny too and she is divorcing her husband). But IMO it's not going to be the same with Rory and Lorelai.

Lorelai was pregnant (and unmarried) and Rory is pregnant (and unmarried). People assume, that Rory will raise her child alone and will find "her Luke" etc.
But Lorelai is different than Emily and Rory will be different than Lorelai. She will have a different path.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
I am saying something similar like you.

Lane's fate is similar to the fate of her mother and her grandmother. Paris is just the way her mother was (her kids are raised by nanny too and she is divorcing her husband). But IMO it's not going to be the same with Rory and Lorelai.

Lorelai was pregnant (and unmarried) and Rory is pregnant (and unmarried). People assume, that Rory will raise her child alone and will find "her Luke" etc.
But Lorelai is different than Emily and Rory will be different than Lorelai. She will have a different path.
oh okay, I thought you meant it would be the same. I agree. I just wished that the revival had been a little more focused in terms of storytelling and povs.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
Exactly, I choose to believe that Lorelai would be very involved in raising Rory's kid. With Rory either staying near or in Stars Hollow. But, of course, discussion is open on how much Logan would be there. Is he like Christopher or is he not? As Rory wouldn't comit, (she learned that from Lorelai) I don't see Logan having a big role.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinz (View Post)
Exactly, I choose to believe that Lorelai would be very involved in raising Rory's kid. With Rory either staying near or in Stars Hollow. But, of course, discussion is open on how much Logan would be there. Is he like Christopher or is he not? As Rory wouldn't comit, (she learned that from Lorelai) I don't see Logan having a big role.
I agree, that Lorelai will be very involved in raising of Rory's child. Rory might even leave the child with Lorelai for short periods of time (when she would travel).

As for Logan - he might not be (too) involved in the beginning (will Rory even tell him about the child or allow him to be around too much), but IMO unlike Christopher he will become amazing very involved father in the end.

However, I am not sure about Rory and Logan. Everything is possible. ASP might completely surprise us about Rory's love life.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I actually think that Logan would have a bigger role in the child's life than Christopher. Chris was not there out of choice because he was essentially selfish, Logan has flaws but he was never like Chris. He may not be there for the day-to-day, but I defintely see the child spending major vacations like summer and either Christmas/spring breaks with Logan wherever he chooses to reside. I think Rory will probably be more willing to have more people involved with her child than Lorelai was.

eta: I still don't think AYITL will get a season 2 tbh. So, whatever happens will be in our minds.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

At the end of AYITL Logan was kind of done with Rory, they were saying their good-byes, with the little LDB reunion party having a cheer for old times' sake.

Who knows how his reaction would be, when he learns that Rory is in his life for good. I'm not sure if Logan would be that ecstatic.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
At the end of AYITL Logan was kind of done with Rory, they were saying their good-byes, with the little LDB reunion party having a cheer for old times' sake.

Who knows how his reaction would be, when he learns that Rory is in his life for good. I'm not sure if Logan would be that ecstatic.
Regardless of his relationship with Rory, Logan wouldn't abandon his child because of how tense things were with his own dad.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
ASP gets an A+ in dialogue and D- in plotting from me.
I definitely agree on this. Although, I wasn't thrilled with the plotting from the writers room that followed her, either, so...

And I definitely think Logan would be shocked at first at the news but I think he'd warm to the idea of being a father pretty quickly and maybe he'd grow a pair in terms of dealing with his father and his disappointment.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

I still haven't got to the season where Logan appears. I can't wait but just want to watch the episodes in correct order
Old 07-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^I can't wait for you to get there! You're right about watching them in order, however, I can't stand watching things out of sequence.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Rory&Logan's good byes never last. And the baby makes the Fall one no different.

Rory and Logan love each other and have fun together. He's there for her when she needs him and Rory was there for Logan in the OS when he was in the Hospital. It's part of their dynamic.

Their problem is the same as the end of the OS. And actually that all or nothing disagreement fits Dynastic Logan more than 40-year rocket/I'll factor you in Logan.

How is there an all or nothing in the revival? Easy. Rory and Logan are in Vegas because it's time for Logan to start the next step of the dynastic plan that Elias and Mitchum both followed (Marriage&Children going by their bios). And Rory isn't ready for that step yet. For a few reasons that I can talk about for hours.

Plus Amy loves her imagery....

Old 07-25-2017, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ Very true about their goodbyes never sticking. They always find their way back to each other.

And interesting imagery parallel, I didn't catch that. Then again, I'm always the last to catch stuff like that. Thanks for pointing it out.

ETA: Do we have a new thread title?

Last edited by Talula78; 07-25-2017 at 08:39 AM
Old 07-26-2017, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

No matter how hard they try, they can't get over each other or out of each others lives. there will always be something pulling them together, its just a matter of how they choose to go.

I have been loving the parallels.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretlifefan1001 (View Post)
No matter how hard they try, they can't get over each other or out of each others lives. there will always be something pulling them together, its just a matter of how they choose to go.
Agreed. In my head canon I see them making a nice life together as a family with their new little one. Please, ASP, don't take that away from me! ()
Old 07-28-2017, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

New thread title, anyone? I can't think of any right now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread