Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

Sophies [R♥L] ~ They have 200+ reasons to blow out the candles on this cake!

WELCOME TO THE 200TH THREAD!
Through out these years with our couple, going through their ups and downs, we've all been certain that these two are made to last. No matter what road that lies ahead, or what bridges they need to cross - we know one thing for sure - they will do it together. United as one.

M E A N I NG. B E H I N D. T H E. N A M E
This is a play off of Logan's "Master and Commander" comment to Rory for what she should call him in episode 5.03, Written in the Stars. Master and Commander is the first of Patrick O'Brian's novels about Jack Aubrey. Sophie is the square-rigged ship that Aubrey is Master and Commander of, and those who crew in her refer to themselves as Sophies. It is the ship where Jack Aubrey first makes his name.So, it is in this spirit that those who ship the Master and Commander and His Lady are known as: Sophies.

What do you love about Rory and Logan's relationship?
That they challenge each other but also support each other. Their ability to get over adversities that come their way and to stick together. They are among those couples whose different personalities complement each other and make them stronger and better persons.

What do you wish or hope for them at the end of the season/series?
I want them together as a couple. I’ll love it if they get engaged. And I’ll faint in happiness if they get married. But if they just end the show together, just as strong as they are now, I’ll be a very happy Sophie!!

~ Andrea (gilmorebrazil)

I love that we have seen the growing process of their relationship. They have both become more mature individuals and their relationship has evolved during the years.

I hope that they are together and happy in their relationship.

~ PeppiJoMars

Can I say everything? From the very beginning I loved that he challenged her, that he went out of his way to goad her and put her on edge. He's as willing to call her out as he is to just be there for her. He introduced her to a whole different world away from her books and her movies which was something I think she'd been needing for a long time. He helped her fly and get out of her bookish mold while still loving her for herself. At the same time she helped ground him and she helped him take himself and his future seriously. They're opposites, the same, and complete equals.

I want them together and blissfully happy. I want some sort of sign that they know this is it and they're going to be together forever. I would love if they were engaged, but I would be ecstatic with them living together and starting to build their lives together.

~ Christine (catkirk7)

That they're friends and that they have a mature relationship and can work out their troubles. I also love their banter and that they have fun together.

I'm not really sure. If they aren't together in the end, I hope they still remain friends.

~ Madelen

I love that they have evolved in their relationship. I think in some of Rory's earlier realtionships, nothing ever changed. Rory and Logan have evolved together into better people. They help make each other experience different aspects of life. They have made it through tough times and now they are able to have a mature relationship where they can deal with problems together!

What do you hope or wish for them at the end of the season/series?
I just want them to be together and happy with the promise of a great future. I would love it if they were engaged, but really I just want them to be with each other!

~ Katie (KatieS41787)

I love that they both have influenced each other. I love that Logan has influenced Rory to be more social, and showed her that parties can be fun, and she was able to make more friends on her own. I love how Rory has influenced Logan to be more serious and to find a passion for work. I liked that even though they both influenced each other they didn't push and pressure the other to be something they’re not. Most importantly I love the way they make each other happy. I love Rory's harlequin look and Logan has just that similar smirk.

I really want them engaged badly. Logan is the only guy I ever saw Rory marrying. He is adventurous but also kind and supportive. If not, then I want them to at least still be happily together or living together would be good.

~ Maria (fox24)

What don’t I love about Rory and Logan? I love that they bring out great things in each other. Although Rory still cared a lot about school, she learned to relax a little and take chances. She put herself out there for Logan in season five – something she hadn’t really done before when she was interested in Dean or Jess. Logan settled down a little and was able to commit to Rory.

I love that they’re there for each other during important events. Rory finally put aside her anger over the bridesmaids after he had the accident so she could take care of him. She cares about his success in his work and is genuinely interested in what’s happening with him. We’ve seen Logan drop everything to be there for her when Richard was in the hospital. He sent her a fun care package for her last semester at Yale. They’re there for each other.

Most importantly, Rory and Logan have grown together. They’ve learned how to deal with fights and not break up over one. They’ve learned how to communicate. Both have become more mature over the last year and are now stronger together.

All I want is for them to be together at the end. I’m not sure I want them engaged, but I definitely want them together. If they aren’t together, I want the possibility that they will reunite.

~ Roxy (RoxyBlueGirl7)

That they challenge each other in many ways. They're not perfect, have their ups and downs...but what the hell??? They're like a real couple.

That they're still together, against all odds. Happy and together, just like adults.

~ Gini (gin2409)

What do you love about Rory and Logan’s relationship?
I love that they seem to be different, and yet they are also equals and partners in every way. They are different in the sense that Rory is more serious, grounded, down-to-earth, while Logan is more spontaneous, free-spirited, and willing to take risks. Yet these differences are complementary, and we’ve seen how they’ve influenced each other to grow and extend themselves in positive ways. On the other hand, they are also each other’s equal, and they are able to banter/converse, argue, confront each other, forgive each other. Each season I’ve seen them grow closer and be more supportive and more loving of each other. They’ve come so far from their “Master and Commander” meeting, their no-strings phase! Now, as they themselves have said, I do see how they “belong” to each other.

I want to see them together and happy, continuing to love and support each other, and working towards a common future together.

~ Liane (secret life)

In 5x03 when Logan was introduced and the scenes with Rory, I just knew it was going to be special. The one outside her doom room was just special. I loved the snarks between them and I just fell in love with them from there. About 11 months later (I was a late fan) they are still my otp for Gilmore Girls and every other scene we get of R/L it makes me love them more. In season seven their relationship has been so grown up (not that it wasn't before) but every season I think we’ve seen R/L grow closer together, and this season they just keep getting better and better it makes me love them more. I can't explain why I love them because the snarks, the love, and everything is just so special.

For them to grow even more stronger than they already are. I wouldn't say no to them getting engaged either. If season seven was to be the last season for Gilmore girls, I would love in the series finale for Logan to ask the question to Rory in a wonderful romantic way and for her to say yes.

~ Tes

What I mostly like is how they influence each other to evolve and be something new. They are like a team, it took them a long time to get there, but now they trust each other, and they know they can depend on each other. which is something quite big in a relationship.

At first, I didn't even know if I wanted them together in the end of the show. But they seem to have come to such a deep relationship, that it would be a waste if they would break up. So I just want to see them together, in a solid and stable position. I want the show to end with us thinking "we KNOW they have a future together." end SCENE!

~ Pauline (Pauline73)

They can be seen as polar opposites as far as personalities go, and yet, they complemented each other so well since the beginning. They created a force in the other's life that pulled them away from the extreme corner they were lodged in, to help create a healthy medium, but yet they've remained true to who they are. By getting to know each other, they got to do things they otherwise would not have tried. And by being in a relationship with each other, they've matured dramatically from who they were at the very beginning of their "experiment".

I would like them to end the series together, happy, in love, and working at achieving all the wonderful things they want to achieve. If they get engaged, I'll be really happy. If they end up getting married, I'd be really-really-really happy . They have both supported each other and helped the other grow so well, I can't and refuse to see them end any other way but happier than what we've already seen. All of the signs point towards an engagement, and the logical step after an engagement is marriage .

~ Katie (katiediaz)

What do you love about Rory and Logan’s relationship?
That they're a partnership of equals. Friends, lovers, partners. That they each challenge the other, though most usually only think of him challenging her, really it works both ways. He has made her open herself up to new possiblities and life in general. Really experience life, not just record how others experience it. She's challenged him to be someone he didn't think he could be, and be happier than he's ever been while becoming that person. He didn't think he was a one woman guy, he found out he was, he just had to find the right girl. And that has made him happy, focused, and I think her belief and pride in him is really what's made him realize his full potential this season. Of course there will be stumbles, but I think both are resilient enough to pick themselves up, dust themselves off and move forward from setbacks, now. Mostly that together they seem to really be able to reach their full potentials, they never hold one another back, and fully support the other.

Together, preferably engaged. Mostly I want it clear that they're going to reach the potential lain out for them in FNAFF. That they're a modern Emily & Richard, each working and acheiving goals both individually & collectively, relying on one another, knowing they're who they can come home to and be free with. Really continueing to show how much they each appreciate one another. Each gaining confidence from the love, pride, and praise of the other. Really, as many issues as I've had with the season, if they continue to write them how they've been written, I'll be happy. Cause I know that's who they will continue to be.

~ Laura (lemon tart)

Honestly, I love everything about this relationship ... there was drama, great love and I hope that this love will last forever ...

At the beginning they had so much fun together, avoided all the serious talks ... just like every normal just in love couple ... and then they got closer ... they let the other one be a real part of their lives and I loved every moment where I could see this grown love/relationship ... they are meant to be ... they’ve overcame so many obstacles ... a long-distance relationship (cross-Atlantic), a (not really, but sort of) cheating, and Logan’s family involvements ... and they are still together ... that's great and I really really hope that will last.

I hope they are in love and together ... engaged or not ... that doesn't matter to me as long as they are a happy couple ... if this is the series finale maybe they can go away together and start their life together somewhere else than Hartford, New Haven or New York.

~ Conny (hearty26)

I love how it's real. The ups, the downs, the needs, the wants, the fights, the making up, the argh moments, the yes moments...it's real. It's what everyday couples go through and to see it on screen with two amazing actors who put their all into the characters, it's refreshing and nice.

As much as all of us would like to see them skip off to Vegas and get hitched by the closest Elvis impersonator, I'd settle for that trip to Asia. I think that would be the perfect opportunity for Rory and Logan to decide and plan their future together.

~ Jill-Renay (jillrenay)

I love that its different from other TV couples of their age. They are much more mature, while still having that cute banter and doing fun stuff. So that makes it very enjoyable for me to watch them. They're different, but cute and with their actions they show how much they care for and love each other.

Most of all, I want them to be together. Secondly an engagement would really make me happy, especially since they've already been together for quite some time already. For me that would be a perfect ending to the season/series.

~ Karen (shinystar)

What do you love about Rory and Logan's relationship?I love the fact that both of them have grown up together in their relationship. But most of all, I really love how supportive they are with each other.

What do I want? Isn’t it obvious that I want them together, I mean I ship them because I love them as a couple, the way they take their relationship, how it’s grown through the seasons, and how they understand each other, even though sometimes they seem so different and at times, it seems to be they have a lot in common. I love how he knows her, how she knows him. I think I also want them together, cause I don’t see them as a ‘college couple’. They have gone through so much, and I think if there’s someone who’s capable of supporting the other, it is them. If there’s someone able to make it, it’s them because I can’t even see LL so committed like R&L are.

~ Mariana (AlwaysHoldingOn)

I personally have always found their interaction with each other as the key to why I love them so much. They make each other feel better about themselves – to be a better person and reach her/his full potential. Especially during this season 7 have we all seen how Rory and Logan have grown customed to their relationship, how they’ve learned to trust each other and gotten through a lot of problems. They are just the perfect match in my opinion because they are two separate pieces whenever they are apart yet when they are together – they are together as one. One perfect and complete person.

Right now, I wish from the bottom of my heart that they just end up together, as in – still being a couple and not break up. I know for a fact that a lot of people want Rory single in the end since it might end up being the last season and I used to be one of those people but that was before season 7 started – before RL’s relationship progressed and turned into something so beautiful and genuine. They are exactly what the other need. Not just for a short amount of time, but forever. They deserve to have their happy ending. I don’t wish for an engagement, marriage or anything else, as long as they stay together.

~ Camilla (Undeniable)

.2 0 0 things that reminds us of R o r y and L o g a n.
1. Pushkin
2. The Twilight Zone
3. Rockets
4. Birkin Bag
5. Seymour Hersh
6. Ice Cream
7. Cocoa Puffs
8. Moon River
9. Breakfast at Tiffany's
10. Hemingway
11. Gorilla Masks
12. Champagne
13. Umbrellas
14. Tiaras
15. All things astronomical
16. The Office (the British version of the sitcom)
17. Dame Judi Dench
18. Master and Commander
19. Diego Velázquez
20. Newspapers
21. Coffee Carts
22. The word "miscreant"
23. Tennis bracelets
24. Lobster
25. London
26. Shakespeare in Love
27. Mary Poppins
28. Coffee (for her) and Tea (for him)
29. Pippi Longstocking
30. Cereal
31. Chinese Food
32. Yachts
33. Knights in Shining Armor
34. Texting
35. Tiffany's
36. William and Harry
37. Yo-Yos
38. Flan
39. Cinnamon Buns
40. Ginsu Knives
41. Howitzers
42. Yale
43. Wheelchairs/Canes
44. Blonde-Haired, Blue-Eyed Children
45. The word "dork"
46. Scotch
47. Felonies
48. Martha's Vineyard
49. Diamonds
50. Pinatas
51. Ball Gowns
52. Newspapers esp. The New York Times
53. Skull and Bones
54. Ice Skating
55. The color blue, like Logan's light blue shirt
56. Leather jackets
57. Duck
58. Twinkle Lights
59. Connecticut
60. Blueberry Scones
61. Shiny Black dresses
62. American Express Black Card
63. Valentine's Day
64. Annette Bening
65. Warren Beatty
66. Fanny Brice
67. Pool Tables
68. Smirks
69. Stars
70. Passion of the Christ
71. Quentin Tarantino
72. Pulp Fiction
73. Kill Bill
74. Facebook
75. YouTube
76. Folk Singers
77. Tupperware
78. Ace
79. Kiddo
80. Frank/ Car Service
81. Salmon Puffs
82. Hot Librarian
83. "Suburban Homeboy" by Sparks
84. Carrier Pigeons
85. Brian Eno
86. Limos
87. Potatoes
88. Feetsie Pajamas
89. Beer Bongs
90. Doughnuts
91. Libraries
92. Ice-Skating in Central Park
93. Yellow Cake
94. Salt
95. Gatsby
96. Safaris
97. Belly Dancing
98. Asia
99. The Wall Street Journal
100. Cold Bread
101. Henry Miller's "Sexus"
102. Yale Daily News
103. Fritos and Ginger Ale
104. Harry and David
105. Who's The Boss
106. Alyssa Milano
107. Stalin
108. FroYo
109. Fiji
110. Full House Reruns
111. Patty's Founders Day Punch
112. Rolling Cheese
113. Twister
114. Rolos
115. Cloaks
116. Daggers
117. Stress Ball
118. Gare de Lyon
119. Costume Parties
120. Tuxedos
121. The Sea
122. Meteor Showers
123. Weddings
124. Birthday Cakes
125. Mayflies
126. Fruitflies
127. Red Wine
128. Union Jack (the British Flag)
129. Shoes (pumps)
130. Marc Jacob dresses
131. Fireplaces
132. Hoop earrings
133. Indian food
134. Baskin Robbins
135. Pin the Tail on the Donkey
136. the letters A.C.E. (in acronyms)
137. Pool Houses
138. Poker Nights
139. Cape Cod
140. hospitals in NYC
141. Magnetic Poetry Kits
142. Harlequin Romance Novels
143. Wrestling
144. Prison Stripes
145. Mad Hot Ballroom
146. Melville
147. Latin
148. George Plimpton
149. Bill Buford
150. Ernie Pyle
151. Richard Hottelet
152. Hunter S. Thompson
153. My Lai Four
154. Nancy Drew
155. Mah Jong
156. Helicopters
157. Dance classes
158. Porsches
159. Tapas
160. Christmas
161. Pubs
162. Cheese Wheels
163. Manhattan
164. Thucydides
165. Doo-Wop Groups
166. Raccoons
167. Prunes
168. Foot Massages
169. Sidekicks
170. Rice
171. Rooftops of buildings
172. Hand kisses
173. Gyms
174. Car Dealerships
175. Engagement Rings
176. Canary Diamonds
177. Inspirational Plaques
178. Maxwell Smart and 99
179. Apartment leases
180. Rockefeller
181. Studio Apartments
182. Laptops
183. Tony Kushner
184. Angels in America
185. New Haven, CT
186. Paramours
187. Garnish
188. Russian Ushanka
189. Penguins
190. Cod Fish
191. "I'm Walking on Sunshine"
192. Paint Guns
193. Oil Lamps
194. Yogurt
195. The Woods
196. March of the Penguins
197. Salty Food
198. Finger Splints
199. Sloths
200. The French (and Spanish) Foreign Legions

{Max&Alec}
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 AM
New Fan

Congratulations to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the hard work....thanks for the 200th thread.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats to everybody! We finally got here!

I just wanted to reinform that if your art or such isn't in it, please feel free to repost it in the thread instead. Thanks to all who contributed! I really appreciated it.

And a special thankyou to my Paulina for making some of these FANTASTIC arts without even shipping this couple. I love you to pieces sweets.

{Max&Alec}
Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

the 200th thread is beyond stunning!! It's absolutely gorgeous!!

You did a great job on it Cammie!! and everyone else who submitted anything for this thread

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 04-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, I'm relieved you liked it.

And I love the arts I got in - all so very pretty.

{Max&Alec}
Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the new thread!

Congrats Sophies!!!

that banner is awsome.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

all the banners are seriously amazing yes!! They all compliment each other so well!!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Gah, it looks beautiful. Congrats guys!
Passionate Fan

Big to everyone who helped put all this together. We made it to 200!

Pst, Cami, you have an email

Loyal Fan

Congrats everyone!! Thanks for the 200th thread

Great job!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 AM
Addicted Fan

I love the #200 thread!! It's so pretty....I love all the arts and can't wait to watch the videos and read lots of R/L fanfiction because I haven't read any R/L fanfiction for aages .

You did a great job Cam .
Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

I so knew when to check this thread
CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the OP looks amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeniable (View Post)
And a special thankyou to my Paulina for making some of these FANTASTIC arts without even shipping this couple. I love you to pieces sweets.
DUH love you to and it was sooooo fun to make those arts, so that was not a problem at all LOL

so once again: CONGRATS!

Last edited by writteninthestars; 04-13-2007 at 09:11 AM
Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations Cami and every one who participated in this thread you really puiled it off
Old 04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by writteninthestars (View Post)
DUH love you to and it sooooo fun to make those arts, so that was not a problem at all LOL
Well you have perfect timing! And your username is like a symbol for us, cause their first scene was in Written in the Stars.

{Max&Alec}
Old 04-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

thank you writteninthestars for making Sophies art when you're not even a Sophies fan

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top