Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)

Watching season 7, I was very surprised by the lack of Luke and Lorelai interaction. I didn't know Lorelai didn't even stepped a foot in the diner until the end of the season. Even with the lack of Luke and Lorelai, the writers made it clear that they belonged together. In season 6, I think they were written worse
That was probably the worst part of season 7 for me. Lauren even said herself some of her favorite scenes are of Luke and Lorelai in the diner so I'm sure she was very unhappy with the writing. I still enjoyed most of season 7 a lot more because after April came into Luke's life the rest of the season is about breaking them up.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

There were some nice LL moments I enjoyed in S6 though too.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^Oh, I agree, there were more than a few sweet scenes between LL I loved in season 6, it was just difficult watching the communication breakdown between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca456 (View Post)
That was probably the worst part of season 7 for me. Lauren even said herself some of her favorite scenes are of Luke and Lorelai in the diner so I'm sure she was very unhappy with the writing. I still enjoyed most of season 7 a lot more because after April came into Luke's life the rest of the season is about breaking them up.
It just felt off without the LL interaction at the beginning of s7. My little shipper heart was breaking inside for them.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ It definitely was strange not to see LL scenes in the diner.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You really felt it when there weren’t any diner scenes with them. Their dialogue and rants were what I lived for!
Old 12-15-2017, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
You really felt it when there weren’t any diner scenes with them. Their dialogue and rants were what I lived for!
I agree completely. We'd never gone so long without a diner scene. Even when L/L had fought and she avoided for a couple days or so something would pull them back together. There was nothing doing that with S7, they both didn't want to see one another and neither wanted to admit how they had a hand in the breakdown of the relationship.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Exactly Melissa.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

It was definitely rough, but just like when Lorelai and Rory weren't talking during their fight it was kind of needed at the time.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 01-24-2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't believe I'm almost done with watching this show for the first show. 5 more episodes to go!
Old 01-24-2018, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

You have some nice moments coming up.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
I agree completely. We'd never gone so long without a diner scene. Even when L/L had fought and she avoided for a couple days or so something would pull them back together. There was nothing doing that with S7, they both didn't want to see one another and neither wanted to admit how they had a hand in the breakdown of the relationship.
Although, something did keep pulling them back, it just took a wee bit longer, what with Lorelai marrying Christopher and all. But, yes, I agree with you that I suppose it was needed at the time so they could really step back and realize what was important with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I can't believe I'm almost done with watching this show for the first show. 5 more episodes to go!
I know, it’s so sad, isn’t it?? I was heartbroken when I got close to the end for the first time.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I know, it’s so sad, isn’t it?? I was heartbroken when I got close to the end for the first time.
I just finished and I have no words to describe how emotional I am

I can definitely say that I feel that the S7 finale does a much better job of wrapping up the series than the revival does in terms of all the characters

I'm kinda glad I chose to watch the revival before I watched S7 so I felt like I ended on a high note

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 01-25-2018 at 10:27 PM
Old 01-26-2018, 07:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I just finished and I have no words to describe how emotional I am

I can definitely say that I feel that the S7 finale does a much better job of wrapping up the series than the revival does in terms of all the characters

I'm kinda glad I chose to watch the revival before I watched S7 so I felt like I ended on a high note
Nice to hear you say that you loved the S7 finale. Most people prefer the revival ending as far as I know. I love both. When I first finished GG I was so sad. No new episodes. Took me a long time to get used to that
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ain’t gonna lie, I shed more than a few tears whilst watching the season 7 finale. I HATED saying goodbye and that was long before the revival. I didn’t mind the revival finale but I much prefer season 7’s finale.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I liked the series finale. My only problem was that they didn't get LL back together soon enough. I was glad to get that kiss, but I would have liked a few episodes of them back together.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread