Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)

Aww, I thought this person's tumblr page was SO cute, funny & true...and it wasn't too far from the truth when I watched the finale for the first time.

Somewhat Intelligent Musings
Aww! That post was true.

Maria, I don't really think that's this is the thread for the RL discussion. I think, at least this whey I think the thread title makes sense, is if even RL had a little amount of screentime in S7, well less than the previous two - it was still too much, and it wasn't enjoyable. For that certain group of fans But that is for an entirely different thread.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Season 7 a lot, not as much as previous, but i still stuck it out till the end. Bon Voyage the series finale I liked one of my favorite episodes of the season. Everyone saw Rory off and the L and L kiss. I loved the Long Morrow too, the premiere. Most of the other eps I liked but not as much as those two.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Aww! That post was true.

Maria, I don't really think that's this is the thread for the RL discussion. I think, at least this whey I think the thread title makes sense, is if even RL had a little amount of screentime in S7, well less than the previous two - it was still too much, and it wasn't enjoyable. For that certain group of fans But that is for an entirely different thread.
Thanks for clearing up, I still disagree but I just wanted a clear answer because the title was driving me crazy. I mostly liked the RL eppies every thing else not so much. I liked some beginning CL. I did like some family moments In Gilmore Girls Only, and I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia

Last edited by fox24; 05-09-2011 at 04:40 PM
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for clearing up, I still disagree but I just wanted a clear answer because the title was driving me crazy. I mostly liked the RL eppies every thing else not so much. I liked some beginning CL. I did like some family moments In Gilmore Girls Only, and I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia
No problem

There are some things I actually do enjoy, but most of it - not so much. I loved Emily this season, and the finale. And When Lorelai sang to Luke. And Lauren's acting in the episode where she and Chris breakup - so heartbreaking, "you're the man I want to want".
Old 05-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

I've only seen the seventh season once through so I can't really comment on it in depth, but I did enjoy it for a certain # of reasons like the similar wit & humor of the writing (even though it wasn't the Palladinos touch, I still felt it was in the same vein), Chris romancing Lorelai and at least showing them as a full, complete couple vs. the obstacles they faced before which never allowed them to fully discover their relationship & its limitations, LL finding their way back to each other, and everyone coming together to see Rory off. I remember being so touched & moved by the finale, not many shows have that ability to elicit that strong a reaction from me!

Court - Yes, that scene tore so deeply at my heartstrings! Lauren was SO good, the first time I really felt her show true pain. (the first breakup was sad but not quite as convincing from an acting standpoint to me)
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do believe CL had the most mature break up in terms of all the other like you could feel that it was closure. Even though I'm a CL fan as unlike with Rory break ups you still debete with them. Although I do think Party is Over was closure for RD but I door could still be open.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

IMO - Lorelai was over compensating when she started dating Chris, for loosing Luke which she must have known was partly her fault, even if it took her most of the season to realize.

I like they found each other in the end I just wish it had happened one or two eps sooner, or they had a double ep series final to tie up loose ends (or a TV Movie).

It would have been great to see Luke at Rory's graduation. Or Lorelai waking up in Luke's bed one more time.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
IMO - Lorelai was over compensating when she started dating Chris, for loosing Luke which she must have known was partly her fault, even if it took her most of the season to realize.

I like they found each other in the end I just wish it had happened one or two eps sooner, or they had a double ep series final to tie up loose ends (or a TV Movie).

It would have been great to see Luke at Rory's graduation. Or Lorelai waking up in Luke's bed one more time.
A tv movie would be great. The series finale left unansered questions.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

The finale was good, but it wasn't great for me. I love when I watch a series finale and it completely moves me, breaks my heart, but makes me unbelievably happy at the same time. I was underwhelemed with this finale.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing, Jen. Love it!

I know what you mean about the series finale, Courtney. It might have been a little better if they knew for sure that the show was ending when they wrote it. They were still in talks at that point. And things might have worked out differently for LL too. We wouldn't have gotten just a kiss in the finale.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know it took Lukes work on Rorys party for Lorelai to finally realize how much she still loved him and how much he cares for both of them, I just wish the final was a little longer, double ep.

In my mind I still toss up between Lorelai coming back from seeing Rory off to see Luke in his apartment and they can't keep their hands off each other to them taking it slow. Maybe seeing a therapist (not in the back of a car LOL) and then start dating again before spending the night together.

So what do we think they would have done, jumped in to bed the day Rory left or went on a date or something first about a week or so later?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

I could've seen it being a longer episode, that would've been nice and given them ample enough time to tie all the loose ends. However, I LOVE the finale! The good outweighs the bad in the case of the finale for me. It really touched me I suppose cuz I watched the entire series in one fell swoop and didn't want it to end! I really, really love this show and at the time watching the finale knowing there weren't anymore fresh episodes just broke my heart! So, I suppose I'm in the minority here in loving the finale for what it was.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is interesting...
New Commentary on “Gilmore Girls” Finale — Gilmore News - Gilmore Girls Community
Quote:
George R.R. Martin, author of the Game of Thrones recently was interviewed about show endings, following a bit of an online scuffle over his comments on the series finale of Lost. In the interview, he mentions some of the shows that messed up their final seasons… including Gilmore Girls:

“One show that flubbed its ending in almost every important way, in my view, is ‘Gilmore Girls.’ The show’s creator left before the final season of ‘GG’ and the new person brought in to mop up during that last year just didn’t have a good feel for the characters or their world, and after spending six seasons with the people of Star’s Hollow, the final season was a trainwreck on a character level. A fairly decent series finale wasn’t enough to remove the bad taste that the rest of that unfortunate season had left. Very little of what transpired was true to the vision I’d watched for the first six years of the show.”
Old 05-11-2011, 06:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Interesting comments ^
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

I agree that letting the Palladinos go was a HUGE mistake on the network's part and a severe injustice to the show but I'm still thankful we at LEAST had a following season and a series finale that I enjoyed. The alternative would've been FAR worse IMO.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top