Old 11-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-18-2016, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Sad gifs.

That's interesting that Lauren didn't remember they got married. I thought she was always pro CL while the show was airing.

I always wonder how Amy would have done S7 too.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think she was pro CL in S7, just that in the earlier seasons (or in theory) she thought it would've been nice for them to be together and a family with Rory. I don't remember when that specific interview came out to know if it was the around the same time.

Or she learned how unliked Christopher and that ship is so she decided to jump ship
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 11-18-2016, 08:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I'm currently watching 7x18. So I'll definitely be done before the revival. Yay! That was my goal.
Great! You must be done by now. Rewatching it all before the revival is my goal too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
I found it interesting to recently read a comment from Amy that Rory's ending was the thing that was the most different from her original vision, because I always thought that the show ended very strongly for Rory when she rejects Logan's proposal so that she could go off and do her own thing in journalism. It felt like a very Rory ending, so it makes me wonder what Amy had planned that would have been so different from that
Thanks for sharing that, I had no idea she said that. Tbh, I’m not too thrilled about it. I too loved that ending for Rory. But, regardless of how I would have felt about any sls APS would have done, I think it’s appropriate for the show creator to end the story the way she sees fit. It is her story after all. I’m glad she has that chance now.

I'm done with 10-17

- “It was such a small window -- a peephole, really. For years, I was this repressed kid, and then there was the briefest of windows. And then -- slam. All of a sudden, I'm this overburdened mother. I barely got to do it, Zach. I barely got the chance to be a person.” is the saddest line on this show ever for me. Why did the writers do this to Lane?

- Not a fan of Sookie’s unwanted pregnancy either. Like we needed another women forced to endure it this season.

- I’ve grown to like Emily as a character but my feelings about her as person are rather mixed. It’s clear her growing up in a patriarchal society is to blame for her views of women and male/female relationships. Under different circumstances, maybe she would have had different views and made different choices that would have made her happier. But, of course, there is also the fact that she has the race and class priviledge, which she handles in the worst possible way.

- Much though I hate the pregnancy sl, unconventional baby shower for Lane was very appropriate and fun.

- Gil showed up (to both band “practice” and the shower)! I was starting to think they ditched him. Always nice to see Hep Alien scenes.

- I also continue to love the development of Mrs. Kim’s relationship with Lane. They’ve come so far.

- There was a bit of Gilmores/Kims in that baby shower episode, which I also always appreciate. Family dynamics in general is great on this show, but I especially love the family dynamics between women in those two families.

- Luke having scenes with Lane and Zach and being a godfather to their children makes me so happy. Luke is probably my second favorite character after Lane, so this is perfect. I didn’t even cringe when they disturbed Luke. And I usually do cringe on his behalf when he has to attend events he doesn’t’ want to attend, especially on short notice [the dinner] and when ppl invade his space and time, disturbing his peace and quiet [Zach showing up early to help open up and chatting all the way though Luke obviously doesn’t like to talk first thing in the morning].

- Zach working in the dinner was cute in general.

- Poor Chris. I can’t exactly say he didn’t have it coming (by it, I mean losing Lorelai) given how he behaved towards her all along but I still feel bad for him. He’s just too charismatic and sympathetic for me to hate. I didn’t, however, appreciate him referring to Jackson as “the farmer” this season. And I think he said something similarly meant as demeaning about Luke too. One of the reasons I don’t dislike him and Lorelai as individual characters is that, despite their wealth, they never seemed to look down on ppl who don’t have as much money and power as they do, unlike their parents. Which is not to say they didn't act entitled at some points of the show.

- Speaking of too charismatic and sympathetic to hate, I feel same way about Logan. I have quite a few issues with some of the things he says and does, but he’s overall likeable to me.

- CL are probably my favorite romantic relationship on this show, but I always knew they don’t stand a chance form the way they were written and I’m not too displeased with their ending. It was pretty mature and dignified.

- I also like LL and am pleased they made it clear enough they still aren’t over each other. But I feel they didn’t leave enough time for celebrating the reunion of what was always the show’s otp. The revival will probably fix that.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

I have been watching the reruns. It's interesting how the writers wrote Luke/Lorelai/Chris. The last season ended with Lorelai going to Chris after being heartbroken by Luke. She decides to date Chris and marry him. She clearly wasn't over Luke. Luke decided to not really get involved with her and Chris. While Lorelai was with Chris, he realized she still loved Luke. I feel bad for the Lorelai and Chris shippers. The writers made it really clear that Lorelai wasn't in love with Chris and it was Luke for her. I wonder if ASP had written the seventh season if she would have done that

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 10-19-2017, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I always have wondered what Amy would have done as well.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

thanks

Old 10-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I don't know if she would've married them. Maybe a relationship since she did put them in bed together at the end of S6. But I guess we'll never know.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
I have been watching the reruns. It's interesting how the writers wrote Luke/Lorelai/Chris. The last season ended with Lorelai going to Chris after being heartbroken by Luke. She decides to date Chris and marry him. She clearly wasn't over Luke. Luke decided to not really get involved with her and Chris. While Lorelai was with Chris, he realized she still loved Luke. I feel bad for the Lorelai and Chris shippers. The writers made it really clear that Lorelai wasn't in love with Chris and it was Luke for her. I wonder if ASP had written the seventh season if she would have done that
Good question. Has she ever said what she wanted to do in the 7th season with them? I also feel bad for the LC shippers but I am jealous of ONE scene with them, the drive-in movie date. That was SO romantic, ain't gonna lie.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:36 PM
Addicted Fan

I also wonder how would ASP write Chris and Lorelai in Season 7. I would like to see ASP's "conclusion" of Chris/Lorelai relationship.
What we saw in revival was different than what we saw in season 7, maybe the ideas were even a little conflicting.

I never liked season 7 Lorelai/Christopher story. I actually liked season 7 Rory's story, but Lorelai and Chris seemed so out of character in season 7 to me.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Wait, what SL did LC have in the revival? I don’t remember one but i never know with my crappy memory.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Wait, what SL did LC have in the revival? I don’t remember one but i never know with my crappy memory.
Well, Rory asks Chris in revival not to go to close to Lorelai, because Lorelai is going to marry Luke (basically, Rory is scared, that Chris's presence would trigger Lorelai to do something to jeopardize her future with Luke).

But in S7 Chris was "the man Lorelai wanted to want". She didn't care about him romantically any more. So why would his presence jeopardize Lorelai's future with Luke?
Old 11-26-2017, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, Rory asks Chris in revival not to go to close to Lorelai, because Lorelai is going to marry Luke (basically, Rory is scared, that Chris's presence would trigger Lorelai to do something to jeopardize her future with Luke).

But in S7 Chris was "the man Lorelai wanted to want". She didn't care about him romantically any more. So why would his presence jeopardize Lorelai's future with Luke?
Maybe, Rory was worried that Lorelai would fall into her old patterns

Watching season 7, I was very surprised by the lack of Luke and Lorelai interaction. I didn't know Lorelai didn't even stepped a foot in the diner until the end of the season. Even with the lack of Luke and Lorelai, the writers made it clear that they belonged together. In season 6, I think they were written worse

Last edited by hshapir2; 11-26-2017 at 03:08 PM
Old 11-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Tanaja - Oh, see, I looked at that more as a Rory and Christopher SL, not a LC one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
Maybe, Rory was worried that Lorelai would fall into her old patterns

Watching season 7, I was very surprised by the lack of Luke and Lorelai interaction. I didn't know Lorelai didn't even stepped a foot in the diner until the end of the season. Even with the lack of Luke and Lorelai, the writers made it clear that they belonged together. In season 6, I think they were written worse
I agree with this and enjoyed LL MUCH more in season 7.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Tanaja - Oh, see, I looked at that more as a Rory and Christopher SL, not a LC one.

I agree with this and enjoyed LL MUCH more in season 7.
Same for me, on both points.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread