Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

i like him okay but we really haven't seen him enough for me to form a solid opinion.

and now, with him moping, i cant really like him because hes never once hinted to rory that he was interested in that way so how can he be upset with her for not seeing it?
Old 02-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I liked Marty. But yeah, he should have let her know how he felt.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I liked Marty because he was your typical underdog guy who likes the girl and doesn't get the girl. For that reason I sympathized with him. Moping, while a bit tedious to watch at times, was his coping mechanism for being rejected & I get that. God knows I suck at dealing with rejection! I felt they (writers) really sabotaged his character in season 7 and THAT is when he became unlikable to me. Rory wasn't interested in him and it is what it is, you can't force chemistry between people no matter how much you try.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did like and sympathize with him but I wish they go the he was feelings for her route
Old 02-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

watched 5x12.

i thought rory was acting slightly weird. before this episode she acted so annoyed by logan and then all of a sudden shes trying to spend time with him and acting all awkward around him? I dont really get that.

Lane and Mom were hilarious but I like that shes at least trying to see her daughter and is slowly coming around.

super disappointed in emily going to christopher to tell him to try to get lorelai back. not cool.

5x13:

because you're special.
like stop eating the paste, special?

good for Rory being upfront with Logan. and for taking charge. i dont believe her either when she says she wants no strings. the kissing a guy comment was so rude!

christopher was such an ass in the episode starting a fight with luke.

5x14:

luke breaking up with lorelai wasnt fair. i get he doesnt like how her family treats him but he didnt need to take it out on her for that. and how upset she got really proved how much she cares about him because shes never acted that way with anyone else.

logan having guys over when rory wanted to hang out alone was frustrating but considering she said shes trying to go with the flow she should just accept it. she should have had more fun instead of just moped. and it was nice of him to help her get back to his mom.

Last edited by Alexa; 02-07-2016 at 09:54 PM
Old 02-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I don't think Luke meant to break up with Lorelai. I think he just wanted a break to think things over, but she misunderstood. I hated seeing her so devastated. Lauren was amazing in 5x14, though.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

poor girl!

515 was good. i have to keep watching episodes because I'm just loving the show this season. it might be my favorite season

i loved marty in this episode he was actually kind of cute. and rory putting her legs on him was definitely kind of leading him on. but then i was kinda glad when logan came to the door. what is wrong with me. I'm not sure why marty agreed to go hang out with them. i felt bad when he was embarrassed at the restaurant. I'm glad that rory was honest with him but i cant blame marty for not wanting to continue to hang out. the rory/logan scene at the end was really cute. (I'm blaming matt for my sudden like of logan recently because i grew to love him so much on the good wife. )

the luke/lorelai awkwardness was fantastic.

516 logan was cute kissing her at school and then inviting her to come back to yale.

emily going to luke was sweet. I'm glad she realized in some capacity she was wrong and tried to fix it. now she needs to apologize to lorelai.

the ending L/L scene at the door was so cute. yayyyy my shipper heart.

517 it was fun seeing logan get all jealous. Alexis looked awesome in that wig.

how emily can be so unaware of her actions is beyond me.

518 kind of a boring episode imo. didnt love any of the storylines.

519 it was shocking to me that Logan just agreed to be rory's boyfriend and honestly it kind of threw all the excitement i had for them out the window. i was really enjoying the back and forth and the jealousy and all that.

his family was so jerky but i guess that was expected. I'm glad that Logan at least wasnt having it and walked out with Rory.

520 i dont blame Lor for not liking Logan but I think she is being a bit too harsh on him when she hasnt really taken the time to get to know him. I do think she was right to yell at her parents though for all the pressure they are putting on them.

Last edited by Alexa; 02-09-2016 at 01:36 PM
Old 02-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I absolutely love the LL kiss in 5x16. It's just perfect.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I absolutely love the LL kiss in 5x16. It's just perfect.
That ending was perfect
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I don't think Luke meant to break up with Lorelai. I think he just wanted a break to think things over, but she misunderstood. I hated seeing her so devastated. Lauren was amazing in 5x14, though.
Yeah, I thought he wasn't necessarily breaking up with her permanently, he just needed some time to mull over things a bit? But my memory's crap, so I could not be remembering it correctly? Emily was at her worst when she tried to fiddle with her daughter's relationship with Luke. Ugh, that was so heartbreaking & frustrating to watch!

Oh, and I agree with you, season 5 is my favorite season.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished the season

221: kind of boring IMO. didnt care for the emily/ballerina storyline. i felt bad for Rory but I was actually siding with Logan on this one. It wasn't his fault all the issues she was having. And it was Rory's decision to steal the boat, but Logan should have been adamant against it.

222: Rory getting arrested is actually kind of hilarious. For once she did something bad.

Mitchum is a huge ass. He set her up to fail. Im annoyed she took the job to begin with.

I felt bad for Logan when Lorelai was snippy at him. I can see her POV but stealing the yacht was Rory's idea and what his father said doesnt have to do with Logan.

I like that Logan wanted to talk to his father about what his dad said but Rory leaving yale sucks and i hate that she listened to logans dumb dad.

Lanes mom helping the band was so cute.

THE L/L PROPOSAL. cute but a bit fast imo.

I felt bad for Lorelai to be steam rolled by her parents yet again but Lorelai is being a bit hypocritical. She didnt want to do what her parents expected of her, so how can she not trust Rory and allow Rory to do what she wants to do?

also i did this:

Favorite/Least Favorite Character
Favorite this season might actually be Logan. Which is shocking because I used to hate him LOL. But I found him really entertaining and interesting this time around.
Least favorite might have been Emily honestly, which is also strange but I really dont like how she butted into Lorelai’s life with the Luke situation.

Favorite/Least favorite couple
Luke/Lorelai. Of course. They were amazing to see this season and so right for one another. Gah they were cute. I actually really liked Rory/logan surprisingly.
I didnt like Rory with Dean. They didnt work and there were too many differences.

Fav/Least fav friendships
Love that Rory/Lorelai became close again. I also liked Marty and Rory.
Paris/Rory were more annoying this season than endearing. Paris really didnt get a lot of focus at all.

Favourite/least fav Storyline Arc:
favorite was luke/lor of course. also liked rory/logan stuff. i liked lane’s stuff with her boyfriend. i also liked the logan/rory/marty stuff at yale.
i didnt like rory/dean. hated the emily/chris crap. didnt like rory dealing with logans crappy parents.

Favourite/Least fav Episode
favs 502/503 - the start of LL 508 for the ships. 513 the wedding episode. 515-517 again for the shippy stuff.
least favs 505/506 with the dean drama. 509 - emily/richard/chris crap. 514 ll break up 518 was boring. 519 - logan family sucked.

Most shocking moment? Saddest moment?
saddest was the l/l break up and seeing lorelai all upset. shocking I’m not really sure, maybe rory sleeping with dean. or the ll proposal or rory leaving yale.

What were you disappointed with? what would you change/have done differently?
i wasnt that disappointed i thought they did a great job this season. i did hate that they back tracked emily/lorelai tough. i wanted her to be more supportive of L/L

What storyline/relationship/character/etc. would you have liked more development for?
dean’s ending was kind of awkward. i wish we had more closure on him.

What do you want to see happen next year?
If I didnt know where it was going id have said:
-closure with dean and jess
-l/l continuing to be cute!!! maybe wedding plans.
-more drama with rory/logan, possibly a break up and angst.
-more development with lane and her mom.
-emily/lorelai making amends and the gilmores making things up with luke

(of course we know a lot of this didnt happen lol)

How does this season compare to previous seasons?
loved this season a lot! really loved the l/l stuff, it gave the show a much more cohesive dynamic imo. i also thought logan was a great addition and an interesting boyfriend for rory to have. the show also incorporated rory’s college life better. it also showed elements similar to season 1 with the dean/rory stuff and the emily/lorelai feud, as much as it was frustrating to watch. its hard to compare it to season 3. ahhhh. but i think i liked it a little more! season 1 is still my favorite though.
Season 1- 10/10
Season 5 - 10/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 2 - 9/10
Season 4 - 7/10

Last edited by Alexa; 02-11-2016 at 08:33 AM
Old 02-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think season 5 is my favorite.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thank you, Alex, for all of your fabulous thoughts on season 5! You take me back to the episodes making me realize just how much I've forgotten. I agree with what you said about Lorelai being hypocritical but I was also furious with Emily & Richard not backing Lorelai up when they promised they would earlier.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah its the way they kinda went behind her back about it and didnt tell her that rory had come to them.

i think they like that rory went to them and want to feel close to her but it was definitely rude to lorelai.

i hate when rory and lorelai are fighting.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

I’m halfway through my rewatch.

- 5.12 is my fave ep so far because of all the Lane. The band coming over to Mrs Kim’s party was awesome.

- Speaking of Lane, she seems around less than last season? Maybe that’ll change. Paris seems around less too.

- Speaking of Lane some more, her 5.01 outfit was so cute. Also, her performance outfit at Jackson’s rally.

- While I’m the topic of outfits, I really like Rory’s this season too.

- The ep where Emily and Richard invite Luke over to dinner and golf was the first ever in which I fully disliked Emily and Richard. They were obnoxious. Didn’t like their attitude towards Dean either, but at least he didn’t experience it directly.

- I love how Lorelai/Luke has been written so far. They transitioned to a couple while keeping everything that was awesome about their previous dynamic.

- Glad to see Chris back. He’s a charming mess, as always. And I still love Lorelai/Chris too. Cute how we learned the story of their first kiss.

- But I hope there isn’t much Luke/Chris conflict. Hated when Rory’s loves interest fought each other, not interested in Lorelai’s doing it either.

- Kudos to the writers and the actor for Logan not annoying me. I’m easily annoyed by his character type.

- Loved when Rory got Richard to scare the hell out of Logan in front of his friends with the engagement talk. Good payback.

- Like the ep with the Norman Mailer subplot. But it also reminded he’s one of those big authors I never got around to actually reading. Maybe someday.

- Fave dialogues so far

Quote:
LUKE: This is a house?
LORELAI: This is a house.
LUKE: What a waste! See, this is what causes peasants to revolt. This is how heads end up on pikes.
My reaction exactly, Luke.

Quote:
KIRK: I took it upon myself to poll the town, and I think you're gonna be pretty happy with the results.
SOOKIE: We are?
KIRK: Jackson is solidly in the lead.
LORELAI: Already? We just started bugging people.
KIRK: Well, I modeled my poll after the Gallup poll. The Gallup poll uses a sample of 1,005 voters to represent the 280 million people of the United States. Using that logic, the correct sampling size of the town of Stars Hollow would be 0.002. Rounding that up means one person needs to be polled, so I picked me.
LORELAI: You polled yourself?
KIRK: I was right there. Seemed like a perfect opportunity.
Only Kirk.

Quote:
DOYLE:Man, I hate those kind of guys.
RORY: What kind of guys?
DOYLE: Those privileged, white males.
RORY: Doyle, you’re a privileged white male.
DOYLE: Well, he’s more privileged. And way more whiter. Why am I talking to you? Meg, why am I talking to Gilmore?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread