Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2016, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true Emily acted so uppity over Luke, but he really wasn't doing all that badly considering that he owned his own business and had plenty of money
Old 11-17-2016, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I didn't think her conniving nature towards LL & breaking them up was any surprise at all and it felt completely in character to me at least. I hated seeing it but I felt the melodrama was an interesting dynamic to explore especially considering how it affected her relationship with Emily. I think something needed to happen in order to force Emily to see how much Luke really meant to Lorelai. It'll be super interesting to see that dynamic in the revival next week! Obviously she'll always have contempt for him, being that he's lower in status, but I hope to see her acknowledge him as the owner of her daughter's heart and one who'll support her 'til death do them part.

Loved seeing Paris interact with Rory and Lane in Stars Hollow! I'd love to see them have maybe one scene together in the revival?
Old 11-18-2016, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by norav (View Post)
It's also so funny, speaking of money -- I was just listening to the Gilmore Guys podcast, and they mentioned how Emily was so appalled with Luke because he seems so low class, but Luke actually has SO much money! 100k to buy the building next to him, money to invest in the inn, etc. It would've been hilarious for them to bring that up in season 5, the fact that Luke is basically secretly a millionaire, and see Emily's reaction
That's true.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

You'd figure that after that dinner where Luke got Gilmored and Richard tries to convince him to franchise the diner that they would realize how much money he had based off of the buildings he opened.

I mean, he bought a whole building because Taylor was the landlord.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 07-12-2020, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here we go, season 5, very excited for this one!

501:
I enjoyed this episode, it was cool to see a direct follow up to the finale last year.

Didn’t Dean get in a fight with Rory about wanting a housewife? He has one and now he’s all pissy about? He had no right to be such a jerk to Lindsey. This isn’t the Dean that we knew in season 1 imo. But I think he was feeling guilty about cheating. And it was sweet to see Lindsey trying with him. It’s too bad he didn’t tell her the truth.

With that said I think it’s obvious that Dean has always loved Rory and still does and WOULD end things with Lindsey for her… but still. It’s just not the right time for them. I think Rory should go to Europe with Emily.

Luke’s voicemails to Lorelai were freaking cute. <3 The episode went by so quick and I didn’t even notice. Great episode though!
Old 07-13-2020, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I always felt Dean loved Rory more than she loved him. You've nailed the reason for Dean's behavior, he was a total jerk to Lindsey because he was feeling guilty about sleeping with Rory.

Aww, LL's kiss discussion over the phone was the CUTEST!
Old 07-14-2020, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I always felt Dean loved Rory more than she loved him. You've nailed the reason for Dean's behavior, he was a total jerk to Lindsey because he was feeling guilty about sleeping with Rory.

Aww, LL's kiss discussion over the phone was the CUTEST!
It was. I also love Sookie's excitement learning LL kissed and her convo with Lorelai about it too. "Was it on top of a table?"

And this exchange:

EMILY: [provoking grin] I am going to Europe, Richard. I am going to Europe, and I'm going to have a marvelous time. I'm going to get up at 10:00, and I'm going to have two glasses of wine at lunch every single day.

RICHARD: Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch.

EMILY: Well, then buy me a boa and drive me to Reno because I am open for business.

Old 07-14-2020, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Loved Sookie’s question!

And that Emily exchange was priceless.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

One of the best Emily lines.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

That was one of my favorite Emily lines.
I am an original”
Old 07-20-2020, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Emily can be funny when she wants to be

502:

I watched this one a few days ago an weirdly dont remember a whole lot from it.

I like that Lane is getting a SL, but her feelings for Zack came completely out of left field! They could have built that up a bit more.

Dean and Rory are a freaking MESS. And Lindsey finding Roy's letting, YIEKS.... so cringey. TBH her mom had a right to be upset with Rory for having an affair with her daughters husband, but being rude on the street like that was a bit much. I feel so bad for Lindsey though honestly.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I like that Lane is getting a SL, but her feelings for Zack came completely out of left field! They could have built that up a bit more.
Yeah, they did. I agree.
Old 07-25-2020, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

My sister was randomly watching the episode with me and she was like "she likes him?" I was like "uh, i guess, it literally just started this episode" lol.

503:
Luke and Lorelai all flirty at the diner was so cute! Their first date was a little awkward but memorable. Luke remembering the first time they met was so adorable. And even more, him keeping the thing Lorelai wrote to him was sfsdfdsfsdfsdfsdsdfds. Then him saying he was all in was FREAKING THE CUTEST THING EVER. I am still sad they skipped over the sex scene but at least we saw them in bed together. So weird that it finally happened! Lorelai walking downstairs was hilarious. I also loved Luke shouting at the town meeting they weren't breaking up.

Asher dying was so insane and out of the blue. But I am glad lol. I didn’t like that storyline with ParIs.

I love Matt, but Logan was such a huge douche. I am glad that Rory called him out. His arguments were fun though. He sort of reminds me of Tristan… I think thats maybe what they were going for.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I love Matt, but Logan was such a huge douche. I am glad that Rory called him out. His arguments were fun though. He sort of reminds me of Tristan… I think thats maybe what they were going for.
I thought he was a douche in the beginning but I felt he evolved into a better person through knowing and loving Rory. I was also thankful Logan came into the picture to shift Rory’s focus off of the hot-mess Dean affair.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aw, Written in the Stars. Love the LL stuff!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread