Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2020, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Wait, what happened in that ep? I guess I could look it up.
From this thread’s OP:

4x04 "Chicken or Beef?" | October 14, 2003
Back home for the weekend, Rory has an uncomfortable encounter with Dean, her ex, and ends up getting invited to his wedding the next day. Meanwhile, Lorelai and Sookie visit Michel at his trendy new workplace, but run into problems getting the permit they need to begin construction on the inn.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks Jen. Forgot it was in the OP.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

No worries. I’m glad we have those synopses in the OP.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Clearly it wasnt very memorable haha!

Soooo i work at a dance studio and now because we are not allowed to have classes my bosses want us to put everything online (and not get paid.... yeah...) anyways, i feel like I'm doing MORE work than I was before. Instead of just teaching my classes and going home I now have to schedule filming times. I was there for 6 hours filming ONE routine. We kept having to start over because we kept messing up. Im not an actress or filmographer! UGHHHHH.

I have 8 classes. Im just so annoyed and frustrating by this whole situation and to make matters worse, i really dont want to be driving in and being around people. Like, we're supposed to be social distancing.

Anyways, the point of this rant was yet again I seem to have no time
Old 03-24-2020, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, there definitely shouldn't be any gathering going on. That sucks you don't have time for GG right now.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I can't believe your bosses expect you to do all of that! I'm with Lindsay, there should NOT be any social gathering at all right now! I have no choice with my job but I'm doing my best to try and keep my distance from people and stay in my office by myself. I hope you can find time to watch some more episodes but I totally understand the feeling of being overwhelmed by everything going on with your job.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well we aren't gathering, we are going alone to film ourselves in our dances so we can get them online. We have a recital every June and the kids will not be ready if we dont do this because when they are supposed to come back in may it only leaves 4 practices. And we arent canceling our performance (as of now) because we already paid for all the costumes. My boss really wants us to stay connected with people so she doesnt lose their business at the end of the year and she is right. So far we have been emailing and putting up extra videos where they can dance at home and the parents are all very appreciative that we are reaching out.

Unfortunately I feel like all of this is going to be for nothing. I have a feeling they wont allow gatherings again until probably after August and in that case i have no clue what she plans to do with the routines...

My boss is great, shes paying us for all of march even though we only really did half. and the reason we arent getting paid in april is only because she didnt want to charge all her customers for that month when their kids werent taking classes. And my co workers were both like "no worries we can lose a paycheck for one month no problem!" i didnt quite agree to it but i feel bad when everyone else is okay with it.... Luckily I live with my mom right now. i was in the process of finding a new apartment because my landlord sold the old house i was renting out of, but now i am thankful i didnt find one earlier because i wouldnt be able to pay my rent! Im sure my boss will end up paying me something, because she is really great with that. I can handle it if its just one month but if we start closing down for many months that is very scary.

ANYWAY i finally was able to watch an episode today. I watched 405. I finally see what is wrong with this season... in the past its felt like episodes had a clear focal point and each scene was sort of leading up to it but this season has felt very lost to me, like each scene is kind of just a random moment and there is not really a purpose to the episodes. It doesnt feel like anything big has happened so far.

But with that said, I did enjoy this episode. It was nice to see Rory attempting to date and have a normal social life. Too bad none of the guys are great options. Im sorry, but I dont really like Marty. i find him awkward and him pulling on Rory's arm to have her meet his friends annoyed me.

I really loved the LL scenes though and the movie night! SO cute. But I was expecting a bit more from those scenes, the episode seemed to just end before we got any good moments between them. Oh well.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

sorry to hear what you’re going through rn Alexa

everything’s a mess rn

hmmm I kinda see what you mean/agree with you about season 4 (I like season 3 more overall as a season but season 4 has a couple strong standout episodes) but in terms of Rory’s arc or downfall I do see how each episode leads up to what happens in the finale

for me this season picks up more towards the middle 4x12

I’m looking forward to your thoughts when you get to that point in your re-watch

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 03-29-2020 at 12:23 AM
Old 03-29-2020, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I admire your boss trying to find ways to continue engaging with your audience, that's important in this time. I hope everything will work out in the end and she doesn't have to shutdown completely.

I agree with you that season 4 is a bit of a mess. The highlights for me were definitely all of the LL moments. I did like Marty (I tend to gravitate towards the dorky, humble guys) but they didn't really give him that much to work with and his character was shafted IMO probably purposefully.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Hope everything works out. It is kind of an unknown with how long it will affect everything.

Loved the LL movie night!
Old 03-31-2020, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Old 04-01-2020, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

OT: yeah my sister is a teacher and said it seems very likely they arent going back to school since they have to start prepping distance learning... i have no idea what that is going to mean for the studio....

also i miss my niece and nephew! i am used to seeing them every couple of weeks.

I'm not really sure what the point of Marty was/is... lol.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for that video, Jen. Some wonderful moments there.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
OT: yeah my sister is a teacher and said it seems very likely they arent going back to school since they have to start prepping distance learning... i have no idea what that is going to mean for the studio....

also i miss my niece and nephew! i am used to seeing them every couple of weeks.

I'm not really sure what the point of Marty was/is... lol.
I can imagine how you're feeling. I miss my parents, and brother and nephew who were supposed to be on a vacay with me this week. Hang in there!

And I think the point of Marty was to subvert expectations of who we all assume Rory will want to date.

Last edited by Talula78; 04-05-2020 at 10:01 AM
Old 04-04-2020, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I feel bad for people who had to cancel Vacations! My sister did and so did my mom. I have a concert in August, but hopefully it'll be okay by then.

Still dont like Digger, cant warm to him. Something about his voice is grating, no offense to the actor there, does he have a different accent in real life?

Emily canceling on Lorelei and Sookie was rude, she is so sensitive sometimes. I understand her being upset when Lor doesnt tell her important things, but to be upset she didnt tell her she started a catering business is ridiculous imo.

Rory trying to study, poor girl. Her roommates are nightmares. lol. Paying the guy for the tree was pretty funny.

Another mediocre episode.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread