Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2016, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yeah, at first that episode threw me off & I was wondering who those 2 new characters were? It was nice to get their backstory and to see the parents fallouts trying to deal with the situation.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's funny, Jen. I don't remember what I thought.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I mean, I'm not totally dense, I picked up on it pretty quickly, but I do remember my initial reaction.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:59 PM
New Fan

I agree with you guys about Alex and the young Lorelai.

3x16, another great episode.
Sookie is pregnant, the Jackson reaction made the episode xD Paris is out of Harvard, great dinamic between her and Rory with the speech on television.
Max Medina is back...arghhh.. still don't like this "revival" of their relationship.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I guess they felt that SL (Max) needed more closure? It did kinda seem thrown in there, but isn't that what led to Lorelai questioning her singledom to Luke in the diner? Or do I have the timeline all wrong?
Old 07-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I don't remember, Jen. I'll have to see when I watch those episodes.

I love the Rory/Paris scenes in that ep.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:20 AM
New Fan

3x17.
one of my top 5 gilmore episodes of all time.
The indipendence inn is on fire and now the city has to deal with it. a masterpiece wrote by Daniel Palladino.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Good ep. I love the LL stuff in that episode too.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Agreed. I loved Luke hearing about Lorelai's dream with the two of them married. Definitely put some ideas in his head.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Agreed. I loved Luke hearing about Lorelai's dream with the two of them married. Definitely put some ideas in his head.
Yep. And when they were making the bed, didn't Lorelai say something about liking it tucked in on both sides and slipping down into it like it's a strait jacket?
Old 07-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Yep. And when they were making the bed, didn't Lorelai say something about liking it tucked in on both sides and slipping down into it like it's a strait jacket?
Hah, yes! Only Lorelai would make that kind of analogy. lol
Old 07-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Yep
Old 10-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm almost done rewatching this season. Random impressions so far:

- Lane’s got her band now! I love that sl.

- I forgot how over-the-top and bimbo-ish Zach could be though. I hope he gets better by the time he starts dating Lane. I mean, Lane herself said it best ”It's getting frustrating. I mean, there's so many great songs that have been written post-Cobain, but try and convince Zach of that. I mean, he's impossible, stubborn, and just a tad intellectually challenged, in case you haven't noticed.” With that said, “Well, what pisses us off is that you felt you had to hide it […] Yeah. Dave, you're a Christian. So what? That's cool. “ was funny.

- Korn mention. Nice. I had a nu-metal phase (it’s how I got into metal, actually; it was mainstream and most accessible back when I was 12-ish) and it still comes back to me now and then.

- If Rory keeps on worshiping Hilary Clinton until the end of s7, I’m going to vomit. I’m already nauseous whenever her name pops up. Yes, Republicans are awful, but so are Democrats.

- I love both Gilmores, but is it really necessary for all of their exes to be in love with them forever and for them to almost always get everything they want (e.g. Rory and the college applications)?

- Love the Luke/Jess relationship. But I also like that is more in the background than foreground, because I don’t want a balance between men and women here, I want a show that is primarily about women and their relationships with each other.

- I like both Jess and Dean, except when they are in scenes with each other. To be fair though, Rory herself didn’t exactly always behave well during the triangle. Speaking of which, keep the triangles to the minimum. If they must be there at all.

- Lorelai, Sookie and Michel in the inn after the fire was the saddest moment of the season (and maybe the entire show so far) for me.

- Some of the dialogues I liked:
Quote:
LUKE: Shouldn't we give thanks first?
JESS: Thanks for what?
LUKE: Well, that we're not Native Americans who got their land stolen in exchange for smallpox infested blankets.
I love that Luke keeps bringing this up. Also some just for the humor:
Quote:
TAYLOR: I have acquired all the necessary permits to do exactly what I'm doing, and all of this has been looked over and approved by the town magistrate.
LUKE: You're the town magistrate!
TAYLOR: And as such, if you have any complaints about me, you may take them up with me.
Quote:
JESS: Someone prepared deviled eggs to throw at my car?
LUKE: Man, they must hate you a lot.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Those are great quotes.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Dialogue is one of many things that makes this show so awesome.

I'm already onto s4, but I have to say

- Love 3.19. Primarily for Lane. Such a good ep for her imo. Her band performed for the first time. She got drunk the first time. She drunk dialed her mom. And her outfit was super cute. Her band’s arguments about the name were awesome too.

- Love 3.21 for Jess. I'm glad to see him finally realize he has to turn his life around before it's too late. Plus, I like his step-mom, her daughter (she and Jess could so be asocial and read together) and their house. The dad's a train wreck, but that's the point.

- Speaking of Jess, his behavior with Rory in that bedroom in 3.19 was awful. I like Jess generally speaking, but this is by far the most inexcusable things he's done.

- 3.19 fight between Jess and Dean reminded me I sometimes think they both need anger management therapy. Love Jess, like Dean, but neither seems good at handling their emotions or controlling themselves.

- Speaking of Dean, he also needs deprogramming from ridiculous ideas about love and marriage and family he has. Let go of Rory. Don't marry Lindsey. You're not even 20 yet. Go to college (take a gender studies course while you're there, your views on patriarchy need changing; I haven't forgotten Donna Reed). Enjoy life.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread