Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love that Luke line.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

It was awesome. Lines/dialogue writing is definitely one of this show's strong points.

I’ve binged my way through the rest of s2.

- The second half of s2 is the beginning of Lane + drums. Love that sl.

- The way Paris, Jess and Dean intruded on Rory’s space and time when she wanted to be alone on the night Lorelai was away is the reason why I don’t answer the door or phone when I’m determined to have my alone time. Ppl love to ruin it.

- Still, there was a Paris/Jess lit discussion in that ep that I vaguely remembered. Liked that scene.

- Dean and Jess both tested my patience at times, but I ended the season not disliking either. Dean I can’t fully dislike because he’s genuinely a decent person most of the time and Jess because his anger at the world is relateable.

- When I first watched, I shipped Lorelai/Christopher and I can see why. They have amazing chemistry (best on this show imo), know each other and just click so well. However, I also still think he’s super irresponsible and unreliable. She’d be better off if she could just get over him completely once and for all.

- When I first watched, I also shipped Lorelai/Luke and I can see why too. In comparison to LC, they have different but equally compelling dynamics. I think that relationship would have more chance of working because Luke’s more dependable. But sometimes I also wonder if maybe they are too different to make it work for a long time.

- Paris is kinda growing on me as a character. I’ve always respected the way she was written and portrayed, but lately I even find myself kinda liking her.

- I’m beginning to see the appeal of potential Rory/Paris romance too.

- Lots of good lines in all eps, but the following stands out to me: Sold it all, made enough money to do some traveling. Have you ever been to Israel? Turbulent, I know, but I thought I'd go down and try to plant some peace down there, know what I mean? See if it grows and see if it spreads. Before I saw a documentary about Haight-Ashbury, I thought ppl (including writers, both high and pop culture) were exaggerating to make a point about how the hippie subculture was too detached from real politics/too idealistic/ineffectual. But nope. Hippies have literally said things like this. No need to exaggerate.

- Also, No, definitely not a jersey guy. Though the thought of throwing a ball at some jock's head isn't entirely unappealing. Look, I'm not really good at this small talk thing.

Last edited by Slayerette89; 10-14-2016 at 01:59 AM
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Season 2 has wittier lines than Season 1, IMO.

Jess has really bean a good addition in the series (youve got to admit!!!! ), he actually has the wittiest lines.

And of course, I, being bias, has enjoyed the build up of Rory/Jess and obviously, Rory is really attracted to Jess, like she had this entire season resisting Jess and keeping her relationship with Dean alive.

I wish we saw another Paris/Jess interaction.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I do admit to liking the chemistry between Lorelai & Chris this season and wouldn't have minded if they had gotten together then instead of s7. Ultimately it was always Luke & Lorelai for me, but I knew they needed time to build up their relationship and would eventually hook up so I didn't stress about it. IMO Chris would never last in a long term relationship with Lorelai when Luke was around, those two clashed too much. Besides, Luke will always be her number one in her heart no matter what history she had with Chris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Not fan of the romanticized bad boy tope nor of good girl fixes bad boy trope, so I hope this show is too clever to write Jess and Rory/Jess like that.
They DO end up writing them like that, that's why I was never a fan of Jess/Rory and that awful trope. However, having said that, I do love the character of Jess in relation to Luke, I just don't care for him with Rory. But to each his/her own.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the show did the opposite with Jess and Rory actually, he still remained messed-up in season 3 (and ultimately leaves the show without telling her), and he wasn't always a very attentive boyfriend either, so I never saw it as Rory being the one to fix Jess. If anything it seemed like Luke had the biggest influence on him there, but of course he was meant to have mostly fixed himself off-screen as well after season 3.

I think that Logan is more an example of taming the bad boy, because Rory did make him want to commit to her and end his casual dating, but Jess still remained essentially Jess when they were dating
Old 11-17-2016, 10:29 AM
Passionate Fan

I think the problem with Rory (s3) that she tries so hard to fix Jess and they never communicated properly during their relationship.

But in s2, they were amazing, IMO. I love Jess' introduction. I love Jess/Luke interaction. Love the season finale, too!
Old 06-09-2019, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Great edit!
Old 06-11-2019, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Such a cute edit!
Old 08-25-2019, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

I watch a lot of episodes, but miss scenes. When does Rory start falling for Jess?

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
I watch a lot of episodes, but miss scenes. When does Rory start falling for Jess?
I would say she already falls for him in his first episode, 2x05

with this scene

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-25-2019 at 10:09 AM
Old 08-25-2019, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

thanks

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

She definitely was intrigued by him.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

https://jakeperalta.tumblr.com/post/...he-bracebridge
Old 10-29-2019, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Okay, that’s giving me all the snowy Christmas feels. Well, all except the fighting & punching.
Reply   Post New Thread