Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2016, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's nice reading your thoughts.

I feel bad for Luke when he sees Lorelai and Max.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the deer episode.

Quote:
when I first watched this show I found Emily insufferable, but I find her amusing and do get her point of view at times.
same. but emily did have her moments that were still pretty bad.

i too thought it strange she knew that l/l had feelings yet in later seasons was not supportive. we never even got a good last emily/luke scenes after all the drama after the hospital scenes in season 7.

but the emily/lorelai interaction/story is one of the best things about the show. i love the hurt there between them.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The pilot really did establish a lot of loss communication with Lorelei and Emily. The writers did a great job of putting these two women at odds. You really, right off the bat, got every sense that up until Lorelei asked for them to support Rory at Chilton, they had no means of talking to each other. Outside of the mandatory dinners on Thanksgiving and visits at Christmas, the two never existed.

I never doubted that Lorelei loved her parents. But their idea of raising a daughter was so far form what Lorelei was. Would she still had gotten pregnant, maybe. But it was the idea that she had to leave the home, luxurious home and live in what was the potting shed to really live her life. It wasn't getting pregnant and being the family joke at the country club, it was the fact that Lorelei just left. Only a note to say what was going on. She knew that the life she was raised in was not the life she wanted of her daughter.
patricia
fulfilledღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I loved the deer episode.

same. but emily did have her moments that were still pretty bad.

i too thought it strange she knew that l/l had feelings yet in later seasons was not supportive. we never even got a good last emily/luke scenes after all the drama after the hospital scenes in season 7.

but the emily/lorelai interaction/story is one of the best things about the show. i love the hurt there between them.
I agree that it really was one of the things I enjoyed best about the show. The loss of communication as Patricia said was so obvious, but its also what makes their story so interesting. One of the things I hate most about that supposed series finale is that we never got any real resolution with Emily and Lorelai.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Am currently doing a rewatch of GG in preparation for the 4 mini movies.

Just finished Season 1 and I forgot SO MUCH stuff. A lot of the episodes I don't think I had seen since they had originally aired.

The first season was fantastic. All the relationships were well developed. Dean & Rory were adorable (I disliked him a lot in the later seasons) I seemed to have forgotten about how innocent & sweet their relationship was at the beginning.

I also forgot how Luke & Lorelai's chemistry was there right off the bat- and there was this pull and tug right from the get go.

Emily & Loreali's relationship was one of my favorites throughout all the seasons and you can tell how similar they are but also how drastically unsimilar they are (if that makes sense) haha. They are both quick as a whip and smart, and know exactly what to say to rile the other one up. They are both prideful and can't let go of the past. But they love each other in their weird way. They just have such a fantastically written dynamic.

And of course Loreali & Rory--love the two of them.

I really like Max & Loreali together- its probably because I really like Scott Cohen. Haha.

I'm glad I'm doing this rewatch- its a pleasure to revisit these characters after all these years.

Onto Season 2!!!

Last edited by SiobhanJW; 05-22-2016 at 08:11 PM
SiobhanJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

OMG how awesome to see so many people starting their series rewatch! Thanks, y'all, for sharing your thoughts as you get through this season, I'm really enjoying reading them.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiobhanJW (View Post)
I also forgot how Luke & Lorelai's chemistry was there right off the bat- and there was this pull and tug right from the get go.
Yes. Immediate chemistry.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love tuning into old episodes! You an't go wrong with any Gilmore episode
patricia
Old 05-23-2016, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

^No, you certainly can't! Every episode entertains, especially in the first season!
Old 05-23-2016, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

even when Season 2 it was Rory/Jess centric, I can still sit back and enjoy what everything has to offer.
patricia
Old 05-24-2016, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Rewatching has just been so much fun. I forgot how good early gilmore was. Will have my next chunk of rewatch observations up in a day or two.
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Season 1 has some of my favorite moments of the entire series, there are so many awesome moments between Lorelai & Rory, Lorelai & Emily, Lorelai & Luke, Rory & Paris, Lorelai & Sookie, the list goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Rewatching has just been so much fun. I forgot how good early gilmore was. Will have my next chunk of rewatch observations up in a day or two.
Yay! Can't wait to read your thoughts!
Old 05-24-2016, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, Jen.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

love that everyones rewatching now!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

I know, it's awesome! And it really helps that Netflix is streaming the series! Man, I'm gonna hate it when they stop (even though I can always pop in my DVD sets) because I've been enjoying the hell out of watching them at work.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top