Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

I really need to re-watch again..!! Hopefully I can finish Gossip Girl soon, then I think I start on Gilmore Girls..
Old 10-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I need to finish my re-watch.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Congrats on finishing season 1, Alex! Seeing Emily freak out w/ Richard's mom is a highlight of the whole series for me! Loved seeing HER as the fish out of water in Stars Hollow, too.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree on both points, Jen. That was great to see.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

i thought i would do this since i finished season 1 i may do them for all the seasons once I've seen them!

Favourite/Least Favorite Character
Favorite this season was Rory. I like how mature she is and how focused she is. She is sweet but also has a feisty side to her when she has an opinion. Some other favorites were Luke, Lorelai, Emily, Tristan, Sookie, Paris and Lane. But I like most of the characters.
Least favorite was Dean. He just bored me. I also hated Dune. I dont hate anyone else but Richard bothered me a lot and I found Kirk and some of the other town people to be pretty annoying.

Favorite/Least favorite couple
Favorite was Luke/Lorelai by far. I loved their friendship and cute little interactions. Also loved the idea of Tristan/Rory.
Least favorite was Rory/Dean. I found Dean pretty whiney at times. I didnt have much of an opinion on any of the other relationships on the show.

Fav/Least fav friendships
loved obviously rory/lorelai. paris/rory. also liked rory/lane and sookie/lorelai. and i think that lorelai/emily have such an intriguing friendship! i see l/l more as a romance but i like their friendship stuff too.
not sure i really had a least favorite friendship...

Favourite/least fav Storyline Arc:
other than the romantic storyline with L/L i love the emily/lorelai and family stuff as well as all the stuff at Chilton with Tristan and such.
least favorite was probably rachel coming back? or even all the max/lorelai stuff. didn't hate them but they didnt interest me.

Favourite/Least fav Episode
Favorite episodes were 102, 104, 108, 117, 119
least favorites were probably 114 and the post break up episodes because rory was so broody.

Most shocking moment? Saddest moment?
maybe the max proposal? / both break ups because i felt bad for the girls. also the stuff with emily/lorelai was sad at times when they weren't understanding each other and i always feel bad for emily missing out on lorelais life.

What were you disappointed with?/what would you change/have done differently?
hmmm, im not sure i thought season 1 was pretty well done! but maybe not had max/lorelai break up at all, they shoulda just stayed together until she realized they weren't right because i felt it was to much back and forth.

What storyline/relationship/character/etc. would you have liked more development for?
maybe lorelai/richard because they had a few cute scenes but i wanted more of them.

What do you want to see happen next year?
If I didnt know where it was going id have said:
-more romantic l/l stuff
-new love interest for rory
-more emily/lorelai scenes and starting to get a long
-lorelai opening new inn
-more chilton and paris/rory interaction
(which we seemed to get all of )

How does this season compare to other tv series?
Overall i loved this season! Its probably one of my favorite seasons of the show. It was the start and it was great seeing all the relationships and characters develop. i loved the backstory between lorelai and her parents, it made everything feel so real.
I would give it an 8 or 9 out of 10.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-20-2016 at 09:06 AM
Old 10-20-2015, 10:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Cool list
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Just started my series rewatch and finished the pilot. I still find myself completely charmed by lorelai and I haven't felt that way in a long time. The dynamic between emily and lorelai is so rich. I find myself being a lot more understanding of Emily this time around.

Just started 102: Oh my god at Lorelai in her daisy duke outfit only to be forced to go to the headmasters office where emily is waiting how embarrassing.
LOL Paris is so Extra!
Ha ha at Luke being like you wore that to Chilton.
Chad Michael Murray looks so young in this episode.
Paris is wound so tight.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lorelai's outfit was SO BAD.

102. I loved that episode!
Old 05-18-2016, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Lorelai's outfit was SO BAD.

102. I loved that episode!
It's so weird watching old school gilmore girls because its been so many years since I've even tried. That outfit was cringeworthy and omg at how different Emily looks from the pilot to ep2.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The daisy duke outfit was funny. And Luke's line was great.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

It was definitely funny, but Lauren rocked that outfit!
Old 05-18-2016, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
The daisy duke outfit was funny. And Luke's line was great.
only Lorelei can wear that to a fancier than fancy school and still rock it out! Great way to start the series
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-19-2016, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyღ (View Post)
It was definitely funny, but Lauren rocked that outfit!
She did.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

One of the best parts of season one was getting introduced to all the fun, crazy townspeople! I have never seen a town like Stars Hallow in terms of how the townspeople interact with each other.
Old 05-21-2016, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

104- The Deer Hunters

Poor Rory, I totally can relate to the devastation of that first bad grade.
Tristan really doesn't know how to give up
Sookie is so upset over her risotto being called “fine”--what a perfectionist
I love Mrs. Kim
Max! I actually liked him even though I preferred Luke/Lorelai
Paris is such a bully! I can't wait for Rory to do better than her. I hate bullies like her even though she does improve over the course of the series.
I hate elitist schools and attitudes like that. They assume if you aren't rich you don't deserve to get the best education.
The deer running into the jeep is so random.

105: Cinnamon's Wake

Aww early Dean/Rory were cute. Too bad they ruined them with what happened in S4/5.
Max is persistent and cute. But, Lorelai's hesitation is right. Dating her kids teacher is not the best idea.
Rory is so awkward around Dean.
Max is a smooth operator. Def knows how to sweet talk a girl.
LOL at Luke freaking out over Sookie going behind the counter.
My favorite part of this episode is the charm of the townspeople. They really do know how to circle the wagons when things matter the most.
Love the pop culture references. I'd totally forgotten about Angelina and Billy Bob.

106: Rory's Birthdays

It's funny when I first watched this show I found Emily insufferable, but I find her amusing and do get her point of view at times. I def think both Lorelai and Emily have a point but neither are willing to give a little.

The little shopping venture between Emily and Lorelai is so precious. It's among my favorite moments with them. I do love when they are being civil to one another.

Oh God poor Rory, how embarassing! I'd hate to have a parent or grandparent basically force people to go to my birthday party.

Aww Luke has such a soft spot for Rory.
Def on Lorelai's side with that fight. She could of atleast accepted Rory's apology. Emily seriously needs to be less rigid.
Oh Paris is thawing. Her crush on Tristan is gonna get her nowhere though
Love that emily came to the Star's Hollow party. It's so funny to me that Richard is more at ease there then Emily is. Maybe its just a reflection of Ed
Love this Emily and Lorelai banter. Even she knew the LL bond early on, too bad she didn't respect it later in the series.
As a mom, I can totally understand why Emily is so hurt by being shut out of both Lorelai and Rory's lives. I'd be devastated to lose my own kid like that. I think its one of the things I love about this show. It's ultimately the story of three generations of women all with their own quirks, but deep down they all love each other.

That Dean and Rory moment was super cute. Lorelai is so not ready for dating-Rory.

107: Kiss and Tell

LOL at Rory's freakout after Dean kisses her suddenly. They don't really have much chem, but they do bring the cuteness factor.
LOL at Lorelai's rant about General Hospital. Rory isn't giving into her attempt at digging for info.
The banter is part of why I love LL.
Haha at Babbette corning dean before the movie night. Don't blame Rory for being mortified that Lorelai invited Dean, but she meant well.
I can't believe Sookie just showed up to see Dean.
The whole movie night thing was so adorable and so very the Gilmores. I was glad to see Dean being a part of that whole experience. Rory and Lorelai definitely have a very unique relationship and its ultimately the core of the show and what so many people enjoyed about the series. I'm having a ball reliving a lot of their great mother/daughter moments.

I love Luke's rant at the town meeting. He goes off so easily that is hard not to laugh your ass off.
Lorelai's love of snow is so cute that even Luke is charmed by it. She seems to be the only one to break his gruff exterior. OMG I can't believe Lane touched that guys hair.

Aww Lane went off and Rory for being a bad friend. One of the reasons I love the girl, she doesn't hold back. This phase is pretty normal especially when one friend changes worlds a bit. There is a shift in the dyanamic and that takes time. Love Rory bonding her grandparents.

This reanactment is so dumb. They're literally just standing there. Aww poor Luke
He has such a major crush on Lorelai but is tryin hard to keep it on the downlo. So glad Lane and Rory made up. They are definitely one of my favorite friendships in the series. The look on Rory's face at the end when she is starring at that old picture of her parents is so sad. She is like any kid who wants their parents together.

109: Rory's dance

Aww I'm glad Rory decided to go to the dance. I also love the way she asked Dean, oh so full of awkwardness. Part of the charm of her character is that she really is quite realistic in s1. Most kids are full of awkwardness at that age. Tristan and Rory argue way too much for it to be platonic. There goes Paris being all extra again.

This boy fight is so silly and Tristan is being a jackass.

Oh no Rory and Dean fell asleep. It was innocent, but I totally understand both Lorelai and Emily freaking out. But, Emily railing on Lorelai like that while not unexpected was a bit too much. Most of the time I see Emily's point, but not when she just lashes out her daughter to make herself feel better. Multigenerational fights here we go. Rory dear you did do something. You stayed out all night and that was not a good idea.