Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2019, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yeah, she almost seemed pseudo supportive of their relationship at first and it’s as if the reality and class distinction set in and she hardened against it.
Yep, that’s it. Unfortunately.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Old 08-24-2019, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

not sure if this is S1 or 2 but I saw this about a month ago

https://itscoffeecoffeecoffee.tumblr...t/186458955884
Old 08-25-2019, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, she almost seemed pseudo supportive of their relationship at first and it’s as if the reality and class distinction set in and she hardened against it.
thanks

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 08-25-2019, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Nice gif, Jen. Lorelai's face is great.

I'm not sure, Allison.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

103:

This episode was kinda boring to me at first, the whole Rory going to the country club, idk, kinda boring to me.

I felt bad for Lorelei because she obviously was jealous of Rory's relationship with Richard but at the same time, its a two way street, and Lorelei didnt seem to have reached out to them really. However, he is the parent and should have tried harder to be in Lor's life.

Lorelei's freakout on Rory about the sweater was super immature too. Like wtf was that? lol.

I liked that we got more Sookie this episode, she was so funny and it was nice to see a friend of Lorelei's.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it’s a good episode that explores the relationship between Lorelai and her parents and also more of the reason why Lorelai left her parent’s world and also showing Rory being more exposed to that world as well

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-26-2019 at 12:34 AM
Old 08-29-2019, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 08-30-2019, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The images and gifs in this thread are practically vintage looking. God, it was so long ago when it premiered.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Great pics!
Old 09-01-2019, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was but I was in middle school when it started so its a very nostalgic time in my life. Crazy that Alexis was already 19 and out of highschool when that happened.

The flared pants are definitely funny but other than that I don't think the style is THAT bad. lol.

104:

This is the episode from season 1 that I remember really loving. I do enjoy the episodes with Rory at Chilton.

Lorelei at the parent meeting was funny. Parents are so stuffy. Max was cute in this episode. Although tbh, him not letting Rory take the test annoyed me.

Paris and the girls bullying Rory was super annoying. And then Tristan trying to hit on her. Its kinda obvious he likes her though and he hates that she isn't giving him the time of day.

I loved when he asked her why she didnt like I'm or something to that effect and she said "I think its because you cant learn my name." LMAO. I love Rory's humor.

I felt so bad for her when she missed the test!

“What's up quippy? Why so silent?... And for the last time, my name is RORY!” OMG that line was epic.

The headmaster is a huge jerk. He is so condescending and holding the door open for Lorelei to leave was so annoying. I wish Lorelei would have said that Rory WILL get into Harvard and does belong at Chilton.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

One of my fave Rory lines.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

same!

I watched 105 finally! My work schedule has been crazy.

I thought Dean/Rory were cute in this one. I was never a big fan the first few times I watched but I enjoyed their interactions. Its as hilarious how Rory kept running away from him. I also thought it was sweet when Dean said he would leave her alone because that was so respectful of him, but then she said she was interested lol.

Lorelei/Max are interesting. Again, first few times didnt love them but I am enjoying them more this time around. Max seems nice and his SL with Lor is fun to watch play out.

I really loved Miss Patty in this episode, she was so funny when Kirk apologized for yelling at her for eating food and she was like "I forgive... once." or whatever the line was. That was so well timed.

I loved Emily this episode too, she is super sarcastic and I love her dry humor with Lorelei. When she made the joke about knowing the Nazi's and Rory laughed that was funny. I also liked the end when she was upset Lor went to a cat funeral and Lor said she had plans and Emily was like "what, a raccoon's wedding?" DFSFSDFSF.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-03-2019 at 08:34 PM
Old 09-20-2019, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Some great Emily lines.

If Luke wasn't around, I wouldn't mind Max for Lorelai.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

106:

It was really cute to see Lorelai and Emily spend time together just them and see how happy it made Lorelai.

The little Luke/Lor flirtation scene was so cute. I love when Luke asked her to marry him haha. Luke blowing up balloons for Rory was adorable too and how she called him a softy. <3 The Luke/Lor hug at the party was SO CUTE TOO. sdfdsfsdfds. And Emily's face hahaha. Emily telling her that he was looking at her like a steak omg that was so funny.

Lor/Rory friendship is everything.

I'm sorry but I love Tristan so much. His "coming to greet me?" and "Where's my birthday kiss" exchange was so funny.

I know that Rory blew up at Emily, but Emily can be so selfish. She didnt even ask if Rory wanted a party and wanted to invite all those people. Then she acted so rude afterwards. She didnt even want to hear Rory out. Not a mature way to act imo. Lorelei was right when she said Emily tried to control them and then ignored them when they didn't do what she wanted. Emily imo was totally in the wrong imo and I can see why Lorelei wanted to get out of that environment when she was younger.

It was sweet that Emily and Richard came to the party though. Deep down Emily is a big softy, she just needs to broken in. It was sort of sad to see her feeling left at at the end there though but it makes the show so much more endearing because its a lot deeper than some give it credit for.

I found it strange there were so many adults at Rory's party though. I get the town is close but maybe just a few would have worked.

The Dean/Rory scene was cute but that scene kinda came out of nowhere? Like they barely spoke before that.... And really, standing right in front of the window? LOL.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread