Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Save GG - Cause sometimes even the most independent women need to depend on someone

Please Help Save Gilmore Girls!

This thread is dedicated to saving GG from the horrible-ness that is cancellation!

As everyone probably knows, GG is on the line, no one knows what will happen to the show, we have 7 episodes left before either the season finale or series finale and in that time, we have to do everything we can to show our support to the show and actresses/actors to hopefully help get us another season. Here you can post anything involving this cause. You can post articles, interviews, petitions, advertising fanart, letters/emails you have written to someone on or involved with the show, sites (livejournals, myspaces, etc) completely dedicated to saving GG...anything that could help save the show.

Articles
~ Watch with Kristin - Will Gilmore Girls Go On? (1/25/07)
~ Televisionary (1/25/07)
~ David Kronk: Four more years! Well, at least one (2/22/07)
~ David Kronk: Great8Mandate 2: Can "Gilmore Girls" be saved? (3/16/07)
~ CW pitting Mars VS Girls? (3/16/07)
~ Fan Rally to Save Gilmore Girls (4/5/07)
~ Exclusive: Gilmore Mulls Shortened Season (4/15/07)

If there are comment sections on any of these, pleeeease comment cause your comment can make all the difference!
Petitions/Polls
~ Petition to Alexis
~ Petition for more then 7 seasons
~ GG vs VM poll
There is a poll on this page to the right if you scroll down below the video section and ads.
UPDATE: Poll Closed, No Poll Result

~ E! Gossip - Save One Show Campaign
Pleeeease VOTE Gilmore Girls!!!!! UPDATE: WE WON!!!

~ Gilmore Girls Teavee
~ The Gilmore Girls Great8Mandate Season 8 Petition - Petition started 6/6/07 - Pleeeeease sign!!
Sites/threads
~ Gilmoregirls.org
There is a link somewhere on this page to a place called The Great8mandate! Please try your absolute best to take part in it, this is a very well known community that has really drawn attention to itself for a while now and anyone that takes part will really make a difference!
Beware, contains next episode title and description on first page!

~ Ace of Hearts
A site dedicated to saving the show for the sake of the Rory and Logan relationship

~ Ways GG has changed lives
~ 101 Things Gilmore Girls has taught us over the years
Great places to write your thoughts on what GG has taught you over the years and how GG has changed your life someway.
Maybe you could even send it off to The CW or someone from the GG cast, it could either help convince them to continue
another season or help say goodbye.

~ Great8Mandate Myspace

Fan Participation Projects
~ Photo Campaign March 26th - April 10th
~ Mail Out Project
~ Daisy Project
~ The Little Daisy Duke Campaign - DEADLINE: June 29th Take Part!!!
Extra Fun Stuff
~ Fun season 8 related quotes and episode title adjustments
Discription on how to use these at the bottom of that post.

Fanart
Avis

Feel free to use any art posted above. If you have something you wanna add, please do
Where to Write

Please note that any of the addresses below should work. Feel free to take your pick.

Contacts at The CW:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW
3300 West Olive Ave.
Third Floor
Burbank, CA 91505

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
11800 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
411 North Hollywood Way
Burbank, CA 91505

If e-mail is more your thing, you can try dawn_ostroff@upn.com and feedback@cwtv.com

Phone Numbers:

The CW comment line: 818 977 6878

The CW main line: 818 977 2500

Paul Mcguire: 818 977 0040

Other important contacts include:

David Rosenthal
c/o Gilmore Girls
Warner Brothers
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Paul Hewitt
Director of Publicity
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Kristine Glockler
Coordinator
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Gilmore Girls Cast Members:

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
270 Lafayette Street, Suite #1400
New York, NY 10012

Or you can email her through her agent:

Michael Flutie: info@michaelflutie.com
Paul M. Brown: pbrown@flutieent.com

Two quick comments ...

The above information was publicly accessible, so I don't feel terribly guilty about sharing it with the Gilmore masses. However, with that said, if you choose to e-mail either person, please do so in a respectful and supportive manner.

Scott Patterson
c/o Evolution Entertainment
901 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038

Entertainment Reporters/Media Outlets:

People Magazine: editor@people.com

Entertainment Weekly: letters@ew.com

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide: ask_ausiello@tvguide.com

Kristin Veitch from E! Online: tvdiva@eonline.com

Amy (TV Gal) from Zap2it.com: amytvgal@zap2it.com

(Special thanks to the Great8Mandate at gg.org for letting us use all above mailing info)

Well Lets save us our GG

Last edited by go_clo; 07-22-2007 at 03:11 PM
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

I don't want it to end.

brittany & santana
Old 02-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Great idea!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Great idea!!! Id be totally devestated if it ends this year with so little warning. At least if it goes on for a s8 i know itss the last season and can mentally prepare myself. but if i find out like 2 epis before the s7 finale that its all over ill seriosly be pissed off and will cry for days. Because there is no way this show is ready to end forever in 7 epis...especially with the way LL are etc. We want their middle already!!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Absolute Fan

^Oh I totally agree, I think the show needs another season to end well or at least 13 more episodes, 7 episodes isn't enough to fully prepare everyone and get all the storyline the way it should be before the show ends. We need another season!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Loyal Fan

agree with all of the above, if gilmore girls was to end this year id be so devastated that i would cry for days maybe weeks & im not a person to cry alot. ive loved the show since day 1 i live in australia and im hoping to come to america next year & do the tour so if it ends im screwed.
xoxo
lozzza

Luke&Lorelai..Lucas&Brooke..Troy&Gabriella..Jay&Erin..Wade&Zoe..Rachel&Finn..Rayna&Deacon

Gilmore Girls..One Tree Hill.. Friday Night Lights #Gonebutnotforgotten
Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I go back and forth between whether or not we should have an 8th season...

On the one hand, I definitely think we need more time than 7 episodes to give the series proper closure, especially in Lorelai's case. I mean, she deserves a wedding-- a wedding that we see-- that just makes sense for her character. Recalling her "whole package" speech back in early s2 (or was it s1 even?), and the foreshadowing of LL under the chupah...It just makes sense for her as a character to come full circle in that way. And if they do a time jump thing, and have the finale a few years ahead, it just won't feel the same. Like you guys have said, we need a middle. But, 7 episodes is far too soon to get LL married considering everything right now. She needs time to get over the Chris thing, and her and Luke have some issues to work out. They need to be together again for a little while before they can get married.

But on the other hand, I really think the show has run out of ideas and I don't know how confident I am that season 8 will be a good season overall. I mean, as much as I want a middle for LL-- I don't want to just watch them happy and together the whole time. Conflict is necessary to make the show interesting. (It's what's been sorely lacking in the Rory storylines lately, IMHO). I don't know what they'll do with Rory for season 8, for example.They could come up with something, but I don't know... I've really lost faith in the writing with this show since early season 6.

Here's the deal, for me, ultimately, this is what is needed for a satisfactory ending to Gilmore Girls:

*Some sort of resolution or understanding must be reached by Lorelai/Emily, with regard to each other. No, they'll never get along perfectly well, but their relationship is one of the most interesting and important ones on the show and needs more attention. And it absolultely must reach some kind of conclusion in terms of the series.

*LL should be married, for the reasons I explained above. I am a JJ, but not a die-hard one really. For some reason, Rory's ships have always interested me more than Lorelai's (I think because Lorelai has always been a really strong character by herself, whereas Rory hasn't, imo). But I think it's clear that, in this show, in the writers' minds, LL are meant to be. So, they should be as they were meant. And that means married by show's end, in my book.

*Rory should be confident and taking off in her career. As much as her ships interest me (although not the current one, as many of you know), I think it makes sense for her character to end the show single. It would, in a sense, put her kind of where her mother was when it began (not exactly, obviously-- there are some GLARING differences). But she would be a strong, independent working woman. That makes sense as an ending for her to me.

And the final scene should be with Lorelai/Rory. I also think the final episode should include an FND.

So anyway... I don't know if this is really the place for all of this, I kind of got carried away...
Old 02-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Great idea.
I totally agree we need another season. I am not yet ready to let GG go. There are still enough stories need to be told. Especially for LL. They haven't even started.
But I really want to see all the characters develop. Especially since we haven'T seen a lot of the town or the elder Gilmores this season.

IMO the show cannot be ended properly within this season. There are too many loose strings and too less episodes left.
"You jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down."
Ray Bradbury
Old 02-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Absolute Fan

infinite sadness I dont understand what you are going through when you are torn between wanting it and not wanting it because I want it so badly but I completely agree with your list of things that need to be done before the show ends and I dont think its even possible to do it in 6 episodes without the show being rushed and unsatisfying

Aupah I'm not ready to let it go either, I dont think I ever will be but I definately am not ready now, at least if we get one more season, I will have a whole year of preporation time.

I also agree that the show cannot end properly now, they dont even have Luke and Lorelai together, how are they going to get them together and married in 6 episodes. There relationship would be rushed!

````````````````````

Ok theres a thread at gilmoregirls.org (thanks to friendlylorelai at LJ for informing me of it) with a bunch of stuff that can help save GG such as mailing addresses (which I plan to add to the first post) links, polls, etc! It is called The Great8mandate! Apparently this is a very popular organization that even the CW know about and support.

I also added another petition!

Last edited by jennarose; 03-04-2007 at 08:43 AM
Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

I totally agree with infinitesadness,specially about Emily and Lorelai,maybe because I'm not so interested in the love stories,but mostly in the family dynamics. However,I'd like to see Lorelai's wedding,a real one(the husband is an optional for me,I'm not a JJ nor a BB)and I'd like to see how the girls will hadle a new situation aka a relationship while they're far away from each other.However,I'm quite pissed at the bad writing and the sillyness of some ideas of this season,moreover I've always agreed with ASP's desire to close the show with Rory's graduation.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_clo (View Post)
infinite sadness I dont understand what you are going through when you are torn between wanting it and not wanting it because I want it so badly but I completely agree with your list of things that need to be done before the show ends and I dont think its even possible to do it in 6 episodes without the show being rushed and unsatisfying

Exactly. I don't think they can finish the show in 6 episodes in a satisfyin way, however, I don't know if they have enough material for a whole other season. And that's just based on how dull this season has been, IMO. But if they end it in 6 episodes it won't feel truly complete at all. So, I don't know.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 PM
New Fan

Ok here. We all know about the LOST and ALIAS syndrome right? The show is so good, very good storyline and characters... they were so good they were asked to stretch their seasons and well, it just lagged and things got worse and worse. I don't want this to happen to GG. Believe me, I am as crazy with the show as you are but I don't want this forum filled with comments on how it is "lagging" and "boring" and all that. Come on. Lorelia is going to be back with Luke and we're pretty sure there will be a wedding. Rory, she will conquer the corporate world of Journalism and something tells me she will be boyfriendless in the end (which says a lot about the Gilmore Girls' sense of indepencdence). As much as we love the show to see more of it, let's love the show enough to preserve its dignity.

----------
Why match when you can itzamatch?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Absolute Fan

^
I dont want to read pages and pages of people complaning about the show either and I hate that I have to do it now but I am not going to change my mind about wanting another season because of it. I for one will always enjoy the show as long as both Lorelai/Lauren and Rory/Alexis are on the show together. I've been considering not watching if we get a season 8 without Rory and that is huge for me, I haven't missed an episode since I started watching 4 years ago! If Alexis does decide to sign on for another season and people still complain, then thats there loss. The show will always be good in my opinion.

Last edited by go_clo; 03-01-2007 at 09:04 PM
Old 03-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

My God, if they did s8 without Rory I would stop watching. I can't believe they even suggested the idea.

Otherwise, I'll watch s8 if there is one, no question. I just hope they try harder to work out more interesting storylines, I guess. It's definitely possible.

So ideally, my hope is that we get a season 8 and the writers get their groove back for it.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Absolute Fan

I think if we get a season 8, it will be really really good (unless they decided to continue without Alexis.) I think they can come up with alot of great storyline when they dont have all this drama to deal with. If we get a season 8, I can only imagine it being fluff and basically everything everyone has wanted since the start of the show especially if it is most likely the last season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite sadness (View Post)
My God, if they did s8 without Rory I would stop watching. I can't believe they even suggested the idea.
I know!!! I was completely shocked when they suggested that
I use to wonder what I would do if they took out one of the girls cause I had heard rumblings about them/one of them not wanting to go on anymore. I knew I would freak out but then I stopped worrying cause I figured we would never have to find that out cause I thought that they would for sure cancel the show, I couldn't even see them considering another season without the other! Boy was I wrong

Last edited by go_clo; 03-01-2007 at 09:13 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread