Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Santa's Secret Stuff - Discussion

Lorelai and Christopher put the holidays on hold until Rory returns from London; Luke asks Lorelai to write a recommendation letter for his custody battle.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

I got spoiled for this episode title on eBay a while ago. When Christmas came and the last episode before the break didn't have this title, I just assumed it had been changed.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this was a cute episode!! i loved that Lorelai had to write a letter for Luke! Zack is such a good husband...i love him!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, Lane was huge! Great epi.
Lolabelle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

she was! i was really surprised
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Absolute Fan

I can't wait to see this episode I finally feel giddy about coming episodes again. I've missed that feeling
Old 01-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I couldn't tear my eyes away from Lane's stomach. It was enormous. Wow. I can't get over it.

It was an okay episode. Nothing's really stood out to me yet. I did really like the conversation in the store between Lorelai, April, Luke, and Rory. It was sweet to hear about all the gifts Luke had gotten Rory over the years.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Lane's stomach was so fake. It made me laugh.

I thought it was an ok episode. The April/Luke scenes were sweet. And the mall scene was nice.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini8525 (View Post)
Lane's stomach was so fake. It made me laugh.
Me too. It was just way to huge for her. It was cute that Zach was being so attentive though.

I agree that I liked the mall scene. Nice of them all to interact and have Lorelai remember how good Luke was to Rory. I can't wait to see what she wrote.

Gigi being there just felt weird.

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
UltimateFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Her stomach was funny, but wow... It was SO big. I'm just amazed that they made her look like that. That was probably the most memorable thing of the episode for me.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I felt like I was watching my show again. Loved all of their holiday traditions. My favorite scene was the mall scene. My heart melted.

Lane was huge. It looked so unreal.

Did anyone else cringe when Chris was singing? I thought my cat was dying.
icon credit to Cristolfe
charminggirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

I thought Chris' singing was hilarious because it was so bad. I loved the looks on Rory and Lorelai's faces when he started singing and kept going.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Aww I loved this episode, Lorelai waiting for Rory to have Christmas was so sweet All the interaction between the 2 was the best darn thing in the episode. I missed it soooo much!!

The traditions were so cute, I loved them, stupid Chris, go jump off a Cliff! No one DARES change the traditions or the stockings Did you see those stockings? You could fit a house in them! No tradition or memorys or sentimental value in them at all!! Just tastles Like I think we should give him credit for trying but why does he always have to force everything on them? When they say no, he should listen! That whole scene was pretty funny though, even with Chris in it but my God did he sing bad, I wish one of them turned around and stuffed both those stockings in his mouth, the look on the girls face was priceless Aww all of Rorys Chistmas stuff, very cute lol and the burnt up stocking!

Gigi was actually really cute in this episode, I really liked the interaction between Rory and her, we have never gottan alot of that before! Her stuck to her leg But she stole Rorys antlers, the nerve! I also really liked Lorelai, Rory and Gigi together without Chris there stealing the attention.

I was shocked that Lorelai couldn't think of anything to write, did she forget what a great father Luke was? I guess she has since she hasn't seen Luke in such a long time plus she's been living with a guy who doesn't show a very good example as a father *coughchriscough* I'm really glad that by the end of the episode she had thought of something to write though The scene with her trying to think of something to write was funny though Then her trying to get Rory to write the letter for her, good girl Rory for not doing it! It would have been nice to see Rory write something really nice about Luke but that was something Lorelai had to do.

Last but not least the scene in the mall was sooo cute. Aww Luke and Rory were sooooooo sweet together, lol them naming off all the bad gifts Luke gave was so funny! A towel? Oh well, it's the thought that counts! The look on Lorelais face! YA thats right, that is what you gave up Lorelai!!! Oh well it was cute anyway, one step closer to Luke and Lorelai getting back together(I hope)

One more thing...WHOA! Lane was HUGE!!! I dont think that was very realistic. When my mom had me and my twin, I dont think she got that huge! Zach was so sweet about everything though!

hehe anyone notice that whenever something happens involving both Luke and Lorelai, it snows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charminggirl32 (View Post)
Did anyone else cringe when Chris was singing? I thought my cat was dying.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought the episode was ok.

The mall scene was great, as were the Lorelai/Rory interactions.

Lane didn't look realistic at all to me. Zach surprised me a lot though, I really do like him.

Chris and the traditions-- sure, he needs to respect that there are traditions in place because this was a family before he joined it (sure, he's the biological father, but he's never really been part of the family), but at the same time, it's perfectly understandable that he would want to start some new traditions with them too. They can't just have their old life and tack Chris on. Changes HAVE to be made. (Of course, I'd rather Lorelai just realize the only change that needs to be made is getting Chris out of her life...) But the lack of effort she's putting into this marriage is ridiculous. I hate Chris, but I'd be insulted if I was him. They argued about this a couple episodes ago too, didn't they?
Old 01-24-2007, 02:43 AM
Extreme Fan

great, now i am allll back in a christmas mood. *still has her candles and santa-light-chain out anyway*

i think they exaggerated the whole lane-thing too much. lane complained that people didn't treat her like a human being anymore and that's exactly what annoyed me, too: all they showed was this huge fake belly, there was hardly any lane left. i mean that was certainly the whole point of that storyline, still didn't like it. i just loved zach, wouldn't have thought he'd be that mature.

and luke and lorelai...it just hurts to see how much she still loves him. it hurts to see them going their separate ways. painful !!!!

loooooved the christmas traditions, loved lorelais monologue about the insides of her brain while trying to write that letter. so totally identified with her that moment.

and i LOOOOOVE williams&sonoma :0) can anybody please get me that train-baking-pan ???

btw: did anyone else see chris coming up with FIVE christmas stockings ? but if my counting was right, chris, gigi, lorelai and rory only make FOUR...?

and what did lorelai buy for chris in the end ? was there a post-pluto-present ?

Last edited by NewHaven2005; 01-24-2007 at 04:27 AM
NewHaven2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread