Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2018, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

My sister is reading HP again. I should do that myself. I don't think I ever read the last 3 books.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

this is everything I've read this year and I'm currently reading The Princess Bride and the last book in the Maze Runner series

https://www.goodreads.com/user_challenges/11311282

realistically I've only really read the 1st 3 and skimmed the last 2 HP books (those books become super thick )

I tried reading the 4th and 5th ones but they didn't hold my interest and I'm not a big fan of the 4th and 5th movies either

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 12-13-2018 at 03:52 AM
Old 12-13-2018, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
My sister is reading HP again. I should do that myself. I don't think I ever read the last 3 books.
Confession...I’ve read all the books except the last one. I really should get on that soon and just start from the beginning and reread them all.

Wow, Allison! That’s great! Haven’t read the Maze Runner series but I’ve read The Princess Bride, it’s wonderful.

Last edited by Talula78; 12-14-2018 at 02:51 PM
Old 12-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Nice list, Allison!

I've seen the movies, but I'm curious to see what they left out from the books.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

They left out a lot of stuff but most of it was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. The books are fun to read, now I’m kinda hankering to read them again now that we’re talking about them.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's what I figured.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

definitely worth it to go through all the Gilmore related lists here

https://www.goodreads.com/list/user_...3014918-amanda
Old 01-07-2019, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for the link!
Old 02-13-2019, 06:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

finished reading The Catcher in the Rye for the first time today

what a good book

wish I had read it at 15 like most of the non-honors English classes in my high school grade level did

still currently in the middle of reading two other books

idk if I'm going to try to tackle more books on the Rory and/or Jess reading lists but I do want to read more of the older classic novels
Old 02-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for that link! I need to read more of the classics. I'm reading 4 books at the moment, one of them being Pride & Prejudice so at least I'm tackling one classic.

The Catcher in the Rye I've read but it was so long ago I don't really remember a lot of it. I should probably fix that.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I don't think I've read that, Allison. I should read more. I'm such a TV junkie.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Thanks for that link! I need to read more of the classics. I'm reading 4 books at the moment, one of them being Pride & Prejudice so at least I'm tackling one classic.

The Catcher in the Rye I've read but it was so long ago I don't really remember a lot of it. I should probably fix that.
what are the other ones?

I actually admit to never have read any Austen or Brontë novels because they weren't required reading for class

I know I suck

but I do want to read Wuthering Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I don't think I've read that, Allison. I should read more. I'm such a TV junkie.
my problem is that I have way too much I want to read (fanfic and books) and watch (shows and movies) and not enough time

I know a lot of people have said they don't like The Catcher in the Rye and the character of Holden or liked it less as they've gotten older but I personally liked it as a 23-year-old

don't know if my opinion would've been different if I had read it as a teen

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 02-15-2019 at 02:51 AM
Old 02-15-2019, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
my problem is that I have way too much I want to read (fanfic and books) and watch (shows and movies) and not enough time
I get it.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The other books I’m reading are Bill Bryson’s The Road To Little Dribbling, Emily Giffin’s Something Blue, and Thomas Wolfe’s Look Homeward, Angel.

Wuthering Heights is excellent! I prefer Austen over both Brontes but their writing is exquisite. I just prefer Austen’s lighter, more romantic tone and satirical edge but they’re all brilliant authors.

Heh. I totally get having too many other distractions which keep you from reading. I have to force myself to allocate time before I go to bed to read at least one chapter of something, it doesn’t matter what. That’s why I am always rotating books depending on the mood I’m in.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I wonder why you're reading Look Homeward, Angel.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top