Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the fic reminders, musicalredhead! I see your YA icon there. I see that goodness.

Ahh I know, such good discussion. I've missed years of stuff on this board so I'm not sure what all you guys have rehashed. I'd love to talk fave Trory scenes/fics/scenarios just for kicks.

Since I haven't written/read Trory since around 2004, I used the Top 10 from the #250 thread to guide my reading. I picked Untouched to start. It was pretty damn good if I do say so.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nicole Musicalredhead wrote some good fics too before she fired Rory lol
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Haha I honestly can't blame her, Rory is no peach. I'm going after the OP fic recs next so I'll jump on Nicole's stuff too.

I also updated my FF.net profile with some future plans so we'll see how it goes.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I see your YA icon there. I see that goodness.
I waited every summer for YA to come back like I waited for Tristan. Did you recognize Matt Czuchry when he showed up as Logan? I definitely didn't realize he'd been on YA. It took me years.

Oh future plans, I have those. You wrote Facade, I've read that! Your AN is correct, we'd love Tristan if he was paired with a tree. I love that I can do anything with him (dirty!), I want the same freedom with the girl rather than being frustrated by someone who doesn't live up to the hype.

I had a eureka moment a few years ago and decided Tristan would have been Rory's OTP if he'd stayed or come back. It boils down to- they made it look like something romantic could happen, so they were supposed to make it happen. It's the rule. Then I reinvisioned S4-7, but only as a summary on my LJ.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh my gosh we should go be nostalgic on the YA board soon... And I totally recognized Matt as Logan! It was so trippy. I had the same moment when Ian did Smallville and Vampire Diaries and Kate M did The L Word. YA Reunion plz.

I did write Facade! It's still a WIP but I have some future chapters already outlined in skeleton dialogue. Tristan/Anyone is an automatic win so I thought I'd try the Gilmore I didn't hate as much for a change...

Your T/R theory is dead on though! I loved reading that and I honestly feel the same way. Knowing how ASP was about OTPs on GG (lol acronyms), she would either be subtle and tease and let things build slow (L/L, T/R) or she would beat you over the head with it and make you watch the horrors (R/D). Plus, everyone knows that TV Romance 101 dictates that "hate" relationships are always rooted in love. The more they fight, the more they should bang. It's not that complicated and it's what we were baited into with Trory. #facts

I'll be reading your redos next.

Old 10-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the original theory too
Old 10-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

This is way too good not to reiterate over here so I'm just going for it:

(About Tristan) "He's a promise broken, by ASP, but fanfiction has kept it. And we make sure they end up together."

Old 10-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Extreme Fan

My first thought on Logan was the he was practically Tristan, and it made me happy because I knew they would have dated when they were older! But then it was depressing to realize that CMM wasn't just unavailable, Tristan wasn't necessary anymore.

Tristan/Anyone- Truth. The first episode I saw was Rory's Dance. If Tristan had gazed longingly at Louise from across the room, I'd have rooted for him to get her from that moment on. It was all in the look in his eyes, not who was on the receiving end.

Thanks for taking the time to read my old LJ posts! Here's where I gave Rory the pink slip, if you want to read that.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

I am definitely giving this a read, I could use a good laugh.

I think what annoys me most about the untapped potential of Trory was that there was so much obvious chemistry between Chad and Alexis. Even her facial expressions would take on a different tone when she had scenes with him. I grant that she had it with Matt as well, but there wasn't really anyone else. Her and Jared were like two plastic dolls together in every scene, and I always got the vibe of Jess being like her brother or her cousin and a lot of their stuff was just hawkward to watch. There was nothing crackling in the fire with either of them. But that might just be me.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think she had the most chemistry with Matt and Chad. I definetly think the one she had with MV is overrated but chemistry is subjective
Old 10-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah that's truth. Beauty in the beholder's eye and what not.

Lucky for us, we've made barely more than 10 episodes of interaction last well over 10 years. I say it's high-five time.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

It's pretty amazing how strong the Trory fanbase after all of these years. We literally had nothing in comparison to all the other Rory pairings, so it's a testament to how much we loved their potential.

Oh Janine, I reread your fics the other day. I always wanted you to continue the Dare You to Move series. I loved it so much back then and I still love it to this day. All that angst and comedy - there's nothing like it

{Max&Alec}
Undeniable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:44 AM
Elite Fan

ETA: Great. Somehow FF stopped working and then it posted the same thing twice. Sorry about that!

{Max&Alec}
Old 10-08-2014, 06:04 AM
Ultimate Fan

Haha FF can be a little touchy sometimes...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the reread, my dear! My ego is purring. I've had to do a lot of editing recently though. I had the weirdest writing habits back then and sometimes I just cringe wondering what I was thinking when I first wrote these fics.

for me too for my abuse of the ellipsis and the em dash and weirdly long descriptions that were never necessary. We're our own worst critics though. #writerprobs

Old 10-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah. I can't even reread my old Trory fics. I was a kid when I wrote them and it shows. With my Rory/Colin fics, I was at least older so it's not as apparent.

Your fics are amazing! I esp crack up at the Dean parts when Trory were kissing. Hilarious!

{Max&Alec}
Reply   Post New Thread