Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Can we think of anymore crazy statements?
I think we have covered the main ones.

Have you put together the pro/con list? Maybe we can go over that again to see if we have missed anything.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Have you put together the pro/con list?
I need to get the last ones from the old thread.

We need a new activity. Hmmm.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey there are more crazy statements

Here's one from a fanfic summary

Tristan will be shocked that his Mary isen't a "Mary" anymore lol.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hey there are more crazy statements
All righty. Continuing with the crazy then.

Tristan never would have made Rory choose him over her career. He knows it's her dearest dream to be like Christiane Amanpour. And he would never deny her of that dream.

Quote:
Tristan will be shocked that his Mary isn't a "Mary" anymore lol.
Oh dear. I've seen that summary, too. 'His Mary' always makes me cringe. She was never his. And I don't care for giving the nickname too much attention.

It's fun to have him use it ironically, though (teasingly, not cruelly).
Old 10-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Tristan will be shocked that his Mary isen't a "Mary" anymore lol.
I saw that too I had a lot of cringe moments when I read the fic. I hate fics turning Rory into a 'magdalene' or a **** because she is in college or because she is dating/friends with Logan. I know she wasn't as innocent as she was in Chilton, but the way people make her out to be sometimes is ridiculous.

Quote:
It's fun to have him use it ironically, though (teasingly, not cruelly).
Agreed

Quote:
We need a new activity. Hmmm.
Did you ever play the dialogue game with us? Its where you post a cap and make up dialogue. It can be one one sentence or continuous. Maybe we can do that when we have nothing else to do.

Rory didn't want to get close to Tristan because she was scared of the intensity of her feelings for him.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind when he uses nickname in a fun way. However, the whole "his Mary" and him being shocked she loses her virginity is rediculous. Maybe he might be shocked about the way she lost it but not because she lost it. After all, they'll meet when their adults.
Rory wasen't a **** she slept with two guys in college. Yes she did try a "no strings" relationship but on her end she was monagomous
Old 10-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I hate fics turning Rory into a 'Magdalene' or a **** because she is in college or because she is dating/friends with Logan.
Oh I know. It's so terrible when writers make a big deal out of adding 'Magdalene'. It was just a comment Lorelai made, and it was a joke. If Rory really wasn't a 'Mary', then she'd have flirted back with Tristan, they'd date, he'd get bored with her after a week, and that would have been that.

No nickname would have been applied at all.

Quote:
the whole "his Mary" and him being shocked she loses her virginity is ridiculous.
I concur. It gets back to Tristan putting Rory on a pedestal. I think there's a Greek tragedy or something with that scenario. They're doomed if he thinks of her as the same 'perfect', naive, young girl she was at 16.

Quote:
Did you ever play the dialogue game with us? Its where you post a cap and make up dialogue. It can be one one sentence or continuous.
I have not played the dialogue game. And I'm not sure I understand, either. Although, I am good at writing dialogue, so I could be into it.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Keeping someone on a pedestal is not healthy
Old 10-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Maybe he might be shocked about the way she lost it but not because she lost it.
I agree

Quote:
They're doomed if he thinks of her as the same 'perfect', naive, young girl she was at 16.
I don't think Tristan was as hung up about her 'innocence' and virginity as fanfic writers are.

Quote:
I have not played the dialogue game. And I'm not sure I understand, either. Although, I am good at writing dialogue, so I could be into it.
Here is a link to one from the Alexis Trory thread

http://rtdialogue.livejournal.com/6252.html#cutid1

You can write your own dialogue to a cap and complete it. Or you can write one sentence and the next person writes the next sentence (like the example above)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think Tristan was as hung up about her 'innocence' and virginity as fanfic writers are.
That's true. Lorelai said it was because Rory looked like a 'goody-goody'. Goody-goodies try to be perfect I guess. And the Virgin Mary was perfect. Boom: 'Hey Mary'.

I guess the only quasi-reference to being a virgin was when Tristan asked Rory if she had to be back at the convent by 5 (or 9? I can't remember the time). Since nuns are celibate.

Quote:
You can write your own dialogue to a cap and complete it. Or you can write one sentence and the next person writes the next sentence (like the example above)
Okay, so it's in script form? And a sort of improvised conversation? I guess all conversations in life are improvised, but we're putting words in the character's mouths.

Do we decide on a time/setting?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Total Fan

I'm back

Are we still doing cliche sayings?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Are we still doing cliche sayings?
Yes, if you can think of more.

When Rory was doing the deed with Dean, she was wishing that she could have lost her V-card to Tristan.

We're getting ready to start a new game.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Okay, so it's in script form? And a sort of improvised conversation? I guess all conversations in life are improvised, but we're putting words in the character's mouths.

Do we decide on a time/setting?
It is in script form and we decide the setting.

Quote:
When Rory was doing the deed with Dean, she was wishing that she could have lost her V-card to Tristan.
He was probably the furthest thing from her mind.

Nicole, any updates on ALG?
Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well she was getting CD's and she possibly found a PJ Harvey one cue the connection lol
Old 10-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Total Fan

Ohh I remember the script game!

Tristan went to PJ Harvery, depressed and alone and thought of Rory the whole time.

Nichole-- Totally called it--in regards to ALG Chapter 5. I thought that Freddy guy would have a bigger story line.