Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Extreme Fan

When Tristan and Rory are together in the future, he will let her know that she isn't perfect. And she will call him out on his bad behavior. They will 'compliment each other perfectly'.

I recently read on a fanfiction.net board where some Sophies claimed Rory has to be with someone who's a journalist. Or that she'll inevitably be employed at a Huntzberger paper- so she'll have to cross paths with Logan.

I disagree with both versions of that theory. Two people's paths can cross without them being on the same path.

Example: Christiane Amanpour's husband isn't a journalist. He's an international affairs instructor at Columbia and has been a political adviser. Careers can be similar (ooh, let's say compatible) without being the same.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I recently read on a fanfiction.net board where some Sophies claimed Rory has to be with someone who's a journalist. Or that she'll inevitably be employed at a Huntzberger paper- so she'll have to cross paths with Logan.
I disagree with that as well. Thats pretty much saying doctors will only date doctors or social workers only dating other social workers. The only thing you can say is that by being a journalist, she will meet more journalists. Oh and do the Huntzberger's own all the major/credible newspapers in the US that she would probably end up working for them?

Quote:
Two people's paths can cross without them being on the same path.
Well said and great example

Love love the update. Everytime I read your updates I get really excited and then sad. Sad because the end of the chapter always leaves me wanting more and I don't want to wait for a week to read the next chapter!

Are there 2 more chapters left for ALG?

Tristan will give up his 'player' ways only for Rory and become a one woman guy for her
Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh and do the Huntzberger's own all the major/credible newspapers in the US that she would probably end up working for them?
Doubtful. They're modeled after the Sulzberger's of The New York Times Company, not the Murdoch's of News Corp. One owns several papers (U.S.), the other is a media conglomerate, owning several forms of media (TV, newspapers, books, magazines; international).

The majority of the NYTimes Company's other papers are relatively small. So to make a long story short, no, the Huntzberger's don't own all the major newspapers.

Plus, if Rory didn't want Prof. Fleming handing her a good grade because of who she knew, why would she want a job handed to her because of who she knew? Then again, she did kind of pout to Logan that it's harder to get what you want if it isn't handed to you. Maybe the easier path was looking better to her.

Quote:
The only thing you can say is that by being a journalist, she will meet more journalists.
And other journalists could just be competition, out to get the same stories. Plus, Logan wasn't into the journalism side of things, he was into the business. And Rory didn't know much about that.

Perfect couple my eye . . .

Quote:
Every time I read your updates I get really excited and then sad.
You're not the first person to say that. It's like I'm contributing to bipolar disorder. lol. And yes, there are two more chapters.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I never heard anyone use that arguement I heard the argument from some RJ fans that Rory needs to be with a writer but I won't get into that. I don't believe you should be with someone in your same profession. Rory might end up working at a Huntzburger paper but that doesn't mean in real life she'll be seeing Logan or Mitchum. Like I don't think Sulzburger or Murdock come in and check on every one of thier papers. Yes it happens in fanfics but that's just a way for them to interact.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Total Fan

It is a pretty weak argument

Yes Nicole you are contributing to my mental health woes

Everytime I try to write a response, I have to go, so this mobile thing isn't working out so well. Sorry guys
Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Tristan will give up his 'player' ways only for Rory and become a one woman guy for her
Because he's never met anyone like her before. She's so so special.

Quote:
I never heard anyone use that argument
It was the first time I'd ever come across it, too. In fact, when someone mentioned Tristan as an overlooked fourth option, one of the responses was, 'Tristan maybe, if he's in the journalism industry' (I'm paraphrasing).

Odd, that some people would put that stipulation on a guy.

Quote:
RJ fans that Rory needs to be with a writer but I won't get into that.
I'd like to refer them to my statement about different, though intersecting paths. And I will if I come across someone who says that (and I'll also refer them to my signature ).

Quote:
Like I don't think Sulzberger or Murdock come in and check on every one of their papers. Yes it happens in fanfics but that's just a way for them to interact.
I can see the convenience of having Logan around at one of the papers in a fic. But you're right, the real guys probably don't do that. To use the Sulzbergers again, the boss's son is a bureau chief in Kansas City, MO (and it is for The NY Times, not a smaller paper).

Talk about glamorous.

Last edited by musicalredhead; 09-29-2011 at 08:46 PM
Old 09-30-2011, 04:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
And yes, there are two more chapters.
Again with being excited and sad!!!

Quote:
Because he's never met anyone like her before. She's so so special.
So special that he will never love anyone but her

Quote:
I'd like to refer them to my statement about different, though intersecting paths. And I will if I come across someone who says that (and I'll also refer them to my signature
I'm so glad you're team Trory! I would hate to come across you if you were anti Trory.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

On that note

Rory inspired Tristan to become a famouse journalist slash writer
Old 09-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Again with being excited and sad!!! Again with being excited and sad!!!
That's how I feel about writing it. I started, impatient to have the whole story told/read by everyone. But at the same time, I like being in the middle of a project.

Quote:
I'm so glad you're team Trory! I would hate to come across you if you were anti Trory.
I really want to join an argument (that's current- not a dead conversation) where someone says Tristan isn't a contender. There were some people who said that at the fanfiction boards, but it was a few years ago, so the conversation has been forgotten.

Anyway, I want to argue the point that Tristan is out. They don't count him (and Marty) because they didn't date. However, Rory got over her ex-boyfriends. She moved on. She was never over Tristan because she was never under him (figuratively /or literally).

Plus, we aren't talking about 17 year old Tristan marrying 22+ year old Rory. We're talking about a new relationship with an old acquaintance, between two adults.

And the difference between Tristan and Marty: Rory knew Marty and liked him as a friend. He's forever stuck in the 'Friend Zone'. Love/hate is different. She didn't get to know Tristan well enough to like him, she just disliked what she saw.

Plus, Logan and Jess grew up. Rory grew up. Tristan was going to grow up, too.

Even if Tristan did not become a better person, I'm okay with that. Rory has experience with jerks and wealth. Tristan is a combination of the two. And Rory always told him what she didn't like about his behavior. <--Does that count for something? For some reason I think it's important for her to tell him how she really feels. But I don't know if it makes sense.

This was long. I really had intended for it to go on my LJ. It'll probably still end up there.

Last edited by musicalredhead; 10-02-2011 at 12:27 PM
Old 10-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Rory inspired Tristan to become a famouse journalist slash writer
And she inspired him to be a better person

Quote:
That's how I feel about writing it. I started, impatient to have the whole story told/read by everyone. But at the same time, I like being in the middle of a project.
I don't know what I'll do when you stop writing fics, or multi chapter fics.

Quote:
Anyway, I want to argue the point that Tristan is out. They don't count him (and Marty) because they didn't date. However, Rory got over her ex-boyfriends. She moved on. She was never over Tristan because she was never under him (figuratively /or literally).

Plus, we aren't talking about 17 year old Tristan marrying 22+ year old Rory. We're talking about a new relationship with an old acquaintance, between two adults.

Plus, Logan and Jess grew up. Rory grew up. Tristan was going to grow up, too.

Even if Tristan did not become a better person, I'm okay with that. Rory has experience with jerks and wealth. Tristan is a combination of the two. And Rory always told him what she didn't like about his behavior. <--Does that count for something? For some reason I think it's important for her to tell him how she really feels. But I don't know if it makes sense.
ITA.

Quote:
And the difference between Tristan and Marty: Rory new Marty and liked him as a friend. He's forever stuck in the 'Friend Zone'. Love/hate is different. She didn't get to know Tristan well enough to like him, she just disliked what she saw.
Also during Tristan's time, there was always Dean. Rory was never given the opportunity to get to know Tristan properly. She was too concerned about Dean and then their break up. Their short almost quasi friendship between TBUP2 and LDT does not count because there was hardly any interaction there. (we didn't see any but we're made to think there was some)

Quote:
And Rory always told him what she didn't like about his behavior. <--Does that count for something? For some reason I think it's important for her to tell him how she really feels. But I don't know if it makes sense.
Do you mean that by pointing out what she didn't like about his behaviour, shows that she didn't not like him at all? Actually now I'm confusing myself
Old 10-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't hate Marty but I think them in a realationship would be like RD 2.0 only Marty is more educated. It would be good on paper but no passion and Rory would get bored
Old 10-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Total Fan

I agree. There was no chemistry between them. They really did come across as friends, in the one episode I saw them in anyway.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
She was too concerned about Dean and then their break up.
And in comparison, nice/hardworking was more attractive.

Quote:
Do you mean that by pointing out what she didn't like about his behaviour, shows that she didn't not like him at all? Actually now I'm confusing myself
I mean that she could knock him down a peg or two. Tell him how she really felt, even if he didn't want to hear it. Does that make any more sense?

Quote:
I really had intended for it to go on my LJ. It'll probably still end up there.
Now it is.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
And in comparison, nice/hardworking was more attractive.
Def more attractive than a rich, arrogant jerk.

Quote:
I mean that she could knock him down a peg or two. Tell him how she really felt, even if he didn't want to hear it. Does that make any more sense?
Yeah that makes sense

Quote:
Now it is.
I read it. You have won me over with your new argument
Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I read it. You have won me over with your new argument
It was mostly expanded on unfinished business v. finished business. Barely even an argument, just pointing out that she'd get over the exes.

Can we think of anymore crazy statements?