Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's wonderful that Alexis was nominated! She deserves it!
Old 07-14-2017, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

I was so excited to see Alexis Bledel get nominated. I feel like it was a career-defining performance because everyone knows her as Rory Gilmore and here she is with those big eyes breaking hearts.
She's so amazing in it and it's so amazing to see the world see these different parts of her. Her nomination is honestly something that I thought would happen because she is so amazing in it and I'm just so proud of her and the work that she was able to do and showcase to the world.

Samira Wiley (her co star on Handmaid's Tale) for enews X
Old 07-14-2017, 07:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Oh good, there it is! Yay for Alexis!! Lauren tweeted congratulations to her.
Saw that tweet aswell! I don't think Alexis uses twitter anymore, so I hope she got the message nonetheless. It's strange to live in a world where Alexis got a nomination and Lauren still has 0 nominations ever. Alexis deserved it for Handmaids, but Lauren really deserved one for GG.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Very kind words of Samira!

Very cool that Lauren tweeted her as well

Quote:
Responding to her nom for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for portrayal of Ofglen in the streaming service's dystopian nightmare, Bledel released the following statement: "I'm very grateful to be a part of The Handmaid's Tale, it's amazing company of actors and the incredible group of artists who bring this story to life. It has already been a true honor to be entrusted with playing Ofglen; a character and inspiration originated by Margaret Atwood and so beautifully crafted by Bruce Miller. It has been a high point for me creatively to be led by Reed Morano's skillful and intuitively transportive direction, while acting alongside the utterly brilliant Elisabeth Moss. For Handmaid's to now receive this much recognition, it's humbling, yet I'm so proud, and really excited for everyone."

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 07-14-2017 at 10:03 AM
Old 07-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Supreme Fan

It's nice that she gave a statement, thanks for posting!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I love what Samira said about Alexis. Very sweet.

Nice statement from Alexis.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love how she's so positive about the cast!

i honestly didn't believe she'd actually get that nom

Old 07-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Aww that was really sweet of Samira to say. Thanks for sharing that quote along with Alexis' reply to her nomination. I couldn't be happier for her!
Old 07-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I know, Karen. I was hopeful, but wasn't expecting it since we've been let down with Lauren in the past. But I'm so glad.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I know, Karen. I was hopeful, but wasn't expecting it since we've been let down with Lauren in the past. But I'm so glad.
Same here!
Old 07-16-2017, 11:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

So happy about her nomination. And awesome both Samira and Lauren are excited for her.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Yeah it's pretty awesome! I am glad for Alexis too.. I think this will finally make people see her differently as an actress!

Old 07-17-2017, 04:45 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartღaflutter (View Post)
Yeah it's pretty awesome! I am glad for Alexis too.. I think this will finally make people see her differently as an actress!
I think so too
Old 07-17-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think a lot of good buzz goes a long way. Now more industry types will want her in their programs/films, that's a good thing. It'll be interesting to see what her future will hold in terms of roles.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Yay for Alexis' Emmy nod! That is so great! Is she now a regular for the series?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread