Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

The reason Rachel is the only "Ex" who hasn't returned to Stars Hollow

I knew there had to be a good reason why Luke's ex-girlfriend, Rachel, hadn't been back to the show. They have had every single ex return on this show. I thought maybe the actress, Lisa Ann Hadley, had started a family and stopped acting full time, but I never pursued it. Googled GG today and this article comes up.

Turns out she's now a real estate agent! It's a shame since I loved her character, but I guess this is what she'd rather do.

Quote:
Lisa Hadley, a 1988 Arlington graduate who went on to a successful acting career before joining the family real estate development business, flew back from Hawaii to attend the May gala and offer encouragement.

Her theatrical credits took her from Los Angeles to Edinburgh, Scotland, and she had small TV and movie roles in shows ranging from the "Gilmore Girls" to "Jerry McGuire."

Today in the business world, she still draws on what she learned from the performing arts at Arlington High School.

"If you have had to get up in front of 400 or 800 people and do a soliloquy or sing, or you have to present yourself some other way, how much does that help you when you have to do a business presentation in front of a group?" she said. "It's all about confidence."

Hadley argues that the arts are invaluable, and she believes Arlington recognizes that.

"I think, my gosh, (Arlington) is so lucky to have a community willing to come together to support something like this," she said.
This is a real coincidence because Lauren Graham also grew up in the Arlington, WA area, and has lauded their arts programs.

Quote:
USA Today Chat 2001
washington, dc: Love the show!! I hear you grew up in the dc metro area (arlington maybe?). Do you have fond memories of the area? Was there anything in DC that was particularly influential in your decision to get into acting?

Lauren Graham: I loved growing up in that area. I did live in Arlington for a time. I used all that the area had to offer, attending summer programs at Arena Stage, Catholic University. My dad would often take me to the Kennedy Center. I remember seeing Jim Henson's muppets when he was just a puppet show. I feel all those influences were extremely helpful and inspiring.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 12-29-2004 at 06:09 PM
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Cool beans! How strange, though, real estate seems pretty random.

Thanks for that, Xel!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
Cool beans! How strange, though, real estate seems pretty random.
Well, they said it's a family business so acting was probably more random for her.
A. B. Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Am I a horrible person for wanting her to leave her job to come back to GG?

Temporarily, of course.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
* Kay * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Loyal Fan

I'd love to see Lisa of GG again She was wonderful as Rachel and should a temp return

MMS Supporter #27
ESK Supporter #22
ILY Supporter #18
PDA Supporter #21
WYMM Supporter #26
LL Supporter #19
MMMS Supporters #12
LukeLorelai4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

wow thats a career change

yea it would be cool to see her come back to gg for a bit
ravenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm surprised to read she's a real estate agent now. She used to be on that soap opera Port Charles before Gilmore Girls. It seems like she had no trouble finding acting work, but if she likes real estate then fire up for her! I always hoped Rachel might come back. Not to start an affair with Luke, but just to check on him and she how he's doing. She was a good character.

---
My dear little librarian, pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering.
daydreamer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow! I am surprised that she is in RE as well. I liked her, and always thought that she would be a good friend to Lorelai and Luke...not in a romantic way
Tobie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

There are probably thousands of a former actors that leave the business annually. Most are unknowns or little knowns. The movie/tv business has to be very difficult to make a career of, as so few do.
LynnieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Cotton Candy

Wow, that's really interesting. Well, good for her! If that's what she wants to do, the more power to her

Thanks for the article Lex!
Old 05-02-2020, 04:59 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. B. Normal (View Post)
I knew there had to be a good reason why Luke's ex-girlfriend, Rachel, hadn't been back to the show. They have had every single ex return on this show. I thought maybe the actress, Lisa Ann Hadley, had started a family and stopped acting full time, but I never pursued it. Googled GG today and this article comes up.

Turns out she's now a real estate agent! It's a shame since I loved her character, but I guess this is what she'd rather do.

This is a real coincidence because Lauren Graham also grew up in the Arlington, WA area, and has lauded their arts programs.
Lauren Graham grew up in Arlington, VA, not WA.
barrynfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynfla (View Post)
Lauren Graham grew up in Arlington, VA, not WA.
That’s in the Washington DC area which is what that person meant by “WA”. At least that’s how I read it.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread