Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2020, 02:50 PM
Turn right. As you wish.

New thread: Literati {Rory♥Jess} #268: “He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man.” - FSF

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Updated. Thanks!
Old 07-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi!

I'm Jess, and as I watch The Deer Hunters, currently, I thought I'd introduce myself.

I grew up on Gilmore Girls. Fox/ABC Family reruns on Saturday morning grew up. Now, it's Freeform!

I'm 29, and am such an admirer of Amy Sherman-Palladino and the show.

I'll admit the show does annoy me, a lot of the time, but as one of my closest friends said, "Well, Jess, if the show didn't play at your emotions, it wouldn't be good." Did I mention she's a playwright? This friend of mine.

I'm watching S1E5, and I realized, as studious as I was as a young girl, and, now, as an adult, I think I relate more to Lorelei's sarcasm, humor-coping, adultification, and immaturity. She's complex, industrious, and kind of irritating. Hence: she's me.

Toodles!
valleygirlsyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi there, Jess! It's so nice to meet more fans who are rewatching this series after all of these years. Thanks for introducing yourself. It's so cool to discover how others found this show and in your case, grew up with it. I started watching the show back in 2010 on the behest of my BFF who kept telling me about this character who was a lot like me; addicted to coffee, talked fast and always had a smart ass comment at the ready. I was hooked early on and my love for the show only grew stronger as the seasons progressed.

There are bits of every show I watch and love that annoy me but I choose to take the good with the bad and the good usually outweighs the bad, especially in the case of GG. Enjoy watching the rest of the show and please be sure to check in with us as you go along. I'd love to hear your thoughts on these characters and their storylines.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Hi there, Jess! It's so nice to meet more fans who are rewatching this series after all of these years. Thanks for introducing yourself. It's so cool to discover how others found this show and in your case, grew up with it. I started watching the show back in 2010 on the behest of my BFF who kept telling me about this character who was a lot like me; addicted to coffee, talked fast and always had a smart ass comment at the ready. I was hooked early on and my love for the show only grew stronger as the seasons progressed.

There are bits of every show I watch and love that annoy me but I choose to take the good with the bad and the good usually outweighs the bad, especially in the case of GG. Enjoy watching the rest of the show and please be sure to check in with us as you go along. I'd love to hear your thoughts on these characters and their storylines.
Hi, Jen!

Haha. I love that story of you and your BFF. You owe her a "vat of coffee", and throw in an IV, while you're at it.

I also am such a Lorelai. Rory, I feel hadn't lived enough, or pushed herself to live enough, so to speak. The D. Logan's father.

Yes, GG is so complex. And, now that I'm 29 and mature, thank you very much, I'm excited about seeing things in a new perspective.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!
Old 07-14-2020, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi! Welcome to the board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygirlsyndrome (View Post)
I'll admit the show does annoy me, a lot of the time, but as one of my closest friends said, "Well, Jess, if the show didn't play at your emotions, it wouldn't be good."
So very true!
Old 07-14-2020, 08:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Hi! Welcome to the board!

So very true!
Hi! Thank you! And, yes, I'm learning to be more mature, while watching TV, and understanding I don't have to like every second of it. LOL. That's not true of anything in life, anyway!
Old 07-14-2020, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hi! Thank you! And, yes, I'm learning to be more mature, while watching TV, and understanding I don't have to like every second of it. LOL. That's not true of anything in life, anyway!
That’s why it’s great to have boards like this which allow us to dissect and analyze the good and the bad. It’s always nice to come back to a show after one has grown and matured so we’re able to consume it in a different way.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That’s why it’s great to have boards like this which allow us to dissect and analyze the good and the bad. It’s always nice to come back to a show after one has grown and matured so we’re able to consume it in a different way.
Totally! OK- big question: does anyone else have a craving for coffee, pizza, and tacos *every time* she watches Gilmore Girls?

I have to make sure to watch the show either when I'm not hungry, or when I'm eating.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always have a craving for coffee, however, I do often find myself eating junk food whilst watching GG.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I always have a craving for coffee, however, I do often find myself eating junk food whilst watching GG.
I always just want really good tacos from a place that doesn't serve tacos, or "supposed to", although, maybe not Al's Pancake World.

Also, they should have a Gilmore Girls Universal Studios experience. If one can try butter beer (which I have yet to, because I haven't gone), one has to be able to try Luke's coffee and the Monte Cristo sandwiches, and these tacos, and there should just be a little Stars Hollow with Luke's, Al's Pancake, and the Inn. I want Sookie's magic risotto, dammit!
Old 07-16-2020, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ If only. That would be a fun experience.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I ate tacos, yesterday, and it wasn't the same. They were homemade, not made by some quirky man on the East Coast, who is nowhere near the country of Mexico, and thus, would provide small-town charm, and an indescribable taste.

Last edited by valleygirlsyndrome; 07-19-2020 at 09:29 AM
Old 07-22-2020, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I always just want really good tacos from a place that doesn't serve tacos, or "supposed to", although, maybe not Al's Pancake World.

Also, they should have a Gilmore Girls Universal Studios experience. If one can try butter beer (which I have yet to, because I haven't gone), one has to be able to try Luke's coffee and the Monte Cristo sandwiches, and these tacos, and there should just be a little Stars Hollow with Luke's, Al's Pancake, and the Inn. I want Sookie's magic risotto, dammit!
^ This would be AWESOME! It’d definitely be a good marketing strategy for Scott and his Scotty P’s coffee.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is belated but I still wanted to post it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDMs6zZD...=1xa3a7dfzkkga
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top