Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2020, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Honestly, knowing how much the ending pissed off the fandom, I kinda don't want to watch it. I need good endings to shows because when I've invested so much time and effort into characters and storylines, I want to see a return on that investment. My favorite series finales are Gilmore Girls, Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad, Jane the Virgin, Dawson's Creek, and Suits. Those shows nailed it.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:

this better explains my thoughts and feelings

I understand what they (the show runners/writers) were going for/I definitely think it was ambitious in some respects

does that mean it stuck the landing? (no pun intended)

there are some fans who thought it was brilliant/groundbreaking but I’m not one of those ppl (I guess at the time it came out I could see it being more groundbreaking)

I have a love/hate relationship with DC but I won’t get into that here...

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-26-2020 at 09:47 AM
Old 08-26-2020, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I didn’t hate the ending of Lost. It was ok. Glad you were able to finish it, Allison!
Old 08-26-2020, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I definitely don't hate it and it's far from the worst but I definitely had mixed feelings

Spoiler:

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 08-26-2020 at 01:53 PM
Old 08-28-2020, 01:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Definitely understand your feelings Allison! I liked the ending, but it's not perfect for everyone.

Jen, you are naming some great series finale. Gilmore Girls, Six Feet Under (never saw the entire series, but I did see the finale oddly enough) and Dawson's Creek had amazing finales. Didn't finish Suits yet and didn't really like Breaking Bad. Tried the pilot of Jane the Virgin; will likely watch it in the future, but there's so many shows out there.

For me personally...there are wayyyyy too many great series finale out there. I just deleted a paragraph of me naming my favorite finales, but I was already naming like 15 shows out there We watch a lot, so the chance of a great finale is pretty high, but perhaps we're just easily satisfied over here

There aren't many shows out there with endings I disliked.

I think Parenthood had the best series finale out of the many shows I watched. But many come close. Hell, we even liked the endings of Game of Thrones, How I Met Your Mother and Lost. Most fans generally dislike those endings.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Okay, maybe DC wasn't a perfect ending (RIP Jen ), but I liked it because Joey chose Pacey and I was a huge shipper of them back then. And you're right about Parenthood, I totally forgot about that show.
Old 08-28-2020, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I preferred Pacey and Andie
Old 08-29-2020, 02:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Okay, maybe DC wasn't a perfect ending (RIP Jen ), but I liked it because Joey chose Pacey and I was a huge shipper of them back then. And you're right about Parenthood, I totally forgot about that show.
Totally expected Joey to end up with Dawson, but I'm so happy they went the Pacey route; always thought they had more chemistry as a couple. Dawson always felt too boring for Joey if that makes sense they make amazing best friends though.

Pacey and Andie had great chemistry too; at some level it would have been nice for them to end up together, but that would likely have meant that Dawson and Joey would have ended up together which I wouldn't have liked tbh.

The Jen part still makes me cry. The video Dawson makes for her...
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Pacey and Andie were alright in season 2 but I never shipped them like I shipped Pacey and Joey. Those two had incredible chemistry together. I always felt Dawson and Joey made better friends than lovers.

Oh, that vid Dawson made for Jen had me bawling like a baby. Her friendship with Jack was so special and a highlight of the show for me.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

no wins for Amy, Dan, and co. tonight :(

they looked disappointed

loved Amy’s hat
Old 09-20-2020, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's too bad.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-21-2020, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I didn’t watch it, I was working but I’m sure they had to have known, as everyone else did, that Schitt’s Creek was going to sweep.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Supreme Fan

I was really hoping for a win for Marvelous or The Good Place. Saw some episodes of Schitt's Creek, but I thought it was horrible. Not funny at all. I knew they were going to win though; it has a lot of buzz. Glad for their fans

We were happy with some other awards though.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was watching live so it kinda stunk to have the only nominee/show I watch/was rooting for not win anything

yeah apparently it was the final season and they hadn't won anything before

I was really pulling for a directing award win for Amy for the Comedy or Cabbage ep that she was nominated for cause I personally loved that episode (that was my favorite episode of season 3)

also would've liked to see Luke Kirby win guest actor cause I love him as Lenny Bruce and he was amazing in the Comedy or Cabbage episode that he was nominated for

saw that they won creative Emmy awards for cinematography, music (this was awarded to Amy and Dan), and make-up all for the Comedy or Cabbage ep earlier in the week so that was nice at least

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-21-2020 at 01:44 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread