Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Off Topic #14

Anyone doing anything for Halloween? Trick or treat in my neighborhood is tomorrow night. But I'm gonna miss it since I'm in Austin.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

I'm not doing anything for Halloween. It's not something as big here as it is in America. Don't know about other countries?
Old 10-26-2014, 04:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Anja** (View Post)
I'm not doing anything for Halloween. It's not something as big here as it is in America. Don't know about other countries?
Same here. Nothing big, it really isn't big here. For people in the Netherlands it's mostly about Christmas and on 5 december we have a day called ''sinterklaas''. Hard to explain though
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I might go over to a friend's house and hand candy out to trick-or-treaters. I love Halloween and seeing everyone dressed up!

So, I took Lindsay & Kathrin to Alamo Drafthouse for a Ghostbusters Quote-Along screening which was a total HOOT! I love love LOVE Quote-Alongs, they are SO much fun! We were given props - a marshmallow, glow sticks to serve as proton pack streams, a bell to ring every time they got a call, a scratch & sniff card that followed some scenes in the movie, and a popper we triggered when the Stay Puft marshmallow man exploded. Ah, good times.

I'm a bit sad because my time with Lindsay is coming to an end. We're about to leave to visit Zilker Park and grab some Tex-Mex food before hurrying back to my apartment for the Castle episode.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Master Fan

Kathrin told about the Quote Along on the Stana board. Sounds like fun!
Are Lindsay and Kathrin leaving soon? Enjoy the Castle episode tonight, I'm going to the zoo tomorrow, so I hope to watch it tomorrow evening.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

The quote along was awesome. So much fun.

I leave tomorrow and Kathrin leaves Friday. The week went fast. I'm sad. But our LA trip will be here before we know it.

Have fun at the zoo, Anja.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Hi there, Lindsay! Miss you! But yes, you're right, we'll meet up again in February.

Anja - Did you enjoy the zoo? So, we looked it up and there IS a zoo in Griffith Park in LA that we can go to. Tickets are about $20/person. I'd be game for it. Also, I need us all to look into some places to stay and we should book it this week if possible? I'll talk to Kathrin tomorrow & touch base with you & Lindsay via WhatsApp.

Today, Kathrin & I just vegged at the apartment and watched the first episode of season 4 of Downton Abbey, my next disc of TBBT, the film Heart & Souls, and the movie Sliding Doors to get into the mood for an upcoming AU episode of Castle. God, it's great to be on vacation just vegging and watching TV.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

I loved the zoo. It was amazing again, as always.
Oh awesome about the Zoo in LA, $20 isn't that expensive! I hear from you about the places to stay, we'll talk about it on WhatsApp.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Hi there, Lindsay! Miss you! But yes, you're right, we'll meet up again in February.

Anja - Did you enjoy the zoo? So, we looked it up and there IS a zoo in Griffith Park in LA that we can go to. Tickets are about $20/person. I'd be game for it. Also, I need us all to look into some places to stay and we should book it this week if possible? I'll talk to Kathrin tomorrow & touch base with you & Lindsay via WhatsApp.

Today, Kathrin & I just vegged at the apartment and watched the first episode of season 4 of Downton Abbey, my next disc of TBBT, the film Heart & Souls, and the movie Sliding Doors to get into the mood for an upcoming AU episode of Castle. God, it's great to be on vacation just vegging and watching TV.
Glad you all had/have fun!

I can definately recommend the zoo in LA! We visited this summer when we were in LA. We didn't know what to do one day so we just decided to go to the zoo. It's really big and we really loved it. Definately worth the price aswell. The only struggle we had was the temperature back when we visited. It's so big that it's easy to get lost...so ofcourse, we did get lost. It was the hottest moment of the day ( afternoon ), sun shining without clouds, etc. Lots of flying insects aswell due to the heat, which wasn't handy It's very easy to get there from mid town LA. That is, if your zoo is also called the ''Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens ''.

I don't know if any of you is a fan of ''Charmed'' or ''Brothers and Sisters'', but the houses that are used in those series are very easy to locate in LA. Definately worth a visit if you're a fan. Oh, and definately try the Warner Bros Tour. Some castle stuff there, you get to make a picture on the exact set ''Friends'' filmed on, see some Gilmore Girls stuff, etc.

God, I want to go back to LA! The feeling we got when we landed there and walked outside of the airport for the first time. Oh, the good times I miss it so much! Just like San Francisco, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Washington..and New York. I miss it all, haha. It was this summer, but it already feels like a lifetime ago, but life is so much different here in the Netherlands.

At least we have London to look forward to around Christmas. We loved it the first time around and it's supposed to be an amazing city for the winter. Last time we were there was in August 2013 ( 2 nights ) and it was really hot, so I think we are going to prefer this coming visit. And I am looking forward to the Harry Potter tour so much!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Miss you two as well, Jen. Nothing wrong with vegging.

Glad you had a good time at the zoo, Anja.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Anja - Glad you had a good time at the zoo!

Ingmar - Oh, very good to know! Hehe, I'm thinking the heat and/or insects won't be too bad in February when we'll be there? I guess we'll find out. Thanks for the tour recommendations. We did the Paramount Pictures tour last time and it was a ton of fun, I'd be game for the WB tour this time around. And possibly even Universal Studios, I haven't been there in AGES!

Booked our place to stay in LA! I just hope it's as nice as the pictures make it seem?

Oh! And my friend Kirsten who used to live in LA is compiling a list of things to do, places to see around town that most tourists don't know about and she's also recommending some nice cheap eateries/dives to go to. We'll have plenty of things to occupy our time when not on a location shoot.

Speaking of LA, I'm leaving this Friday for the Castle Convention where I'll meet Penny (again) and Jon Huertas and Terri Miller! I can't WAIT!
Old 11-05-2014, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

OMG, didn't know you're going there Jen! That's awesome. Have fun...
I'm starting to think our ten days in LA are too short, all those things we plan to do, we're going to run out of time, haha.. I have to go back sometime.

for our place to stay! Let's hope it's nice.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Anja - Glad you had a good time at the zoo!

Ingmar - Oh, very good to know! Hehe, I'm thinking the heat and/or insects won't be too bad in February when we'll be there? I guess we'll find out. Thanks for the tour recommendations. We did the Paramount Pictures tour last time and it was a ton of fun, I'd be game for the WB tour this time around. And possibly even Universal Studios, I haven't been there in AGES!

Booked our place to stay in LA! I just hope it's as nice as the pictures make it seem?

Oh! And my friend Kirsten who used to live in LA is compiling a list of things to do, places to see around town that most tourists don't know about and she's also recommending some nice cheap eateries/dives to go to. We'll have plenty of things to occupy our time when not on a location shoot.

Speaking of LA, I'm leaving this Friday for the Castle Convention where I'll meet Penny (again) and Jon Huertas and Terri Miller! I can't WAIT!
Where are you guys going to stay if I may ask? We stayed in 2 hotels in LA, so maybe it will turn out to be the same?

Oh, I am sure you won't have as many insects and heat as we experienced back then. California in the middle of the summer...yeah, great idea
Old 11-05-2014, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

We're staying in an apartment;
https://www.omg.travel/properties/93...in-los-angeles
Old 11-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
That's awesome, Jen. So nice of her to do. And yay for booking our place. I'm getting so excited. I've always wanted to go to LA. We are gonna have an awesome time. Also, have fun at the convention. That's so cool that you will meet them.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top