Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2017, 01:11 AM
  #31
Dedicated Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
A couple of random thoughts.

Emily and Richard's fawning over Logan and having him over for dinner was as expected. Their approval of Christopher and Logan and their complete disdain for Luke and Jess is yet another obvious, but appreciated parallel between the boys.
I never formed this association before you brought it up but it's definitely an interesting parallel. I was definitely annoyed at Emily trying to sabotage Luke and Lorelai's relationship even though it seemed like she liked them together in S1 (with her noticing that they had feelings for each other).

Also Richard never did get to meet Jess? I actually feel like they might've gotten along with their love of literature
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you
Dairfan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:32 AM
  #32
Part-Time Fan
 
Litlover73's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
I have read a couple of fan fictions where Richard and Jess are unlikely friends actually. It would have been nice to see.

I didn't watch the Logan years until recently and after I had already heard that Amy had intentionally made Logan a parallel for Christopther, I was looking for these moments...and there are plenty.

I actually prefer Christopher tbh.
__________________
Rory/Jess - It is what it is.
Litlover73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:42 PM
  #33
Dedicated Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 571
Not a fan of Javajunkie? I think Chris is okay. I don't really like him that much but I appreciate him being there for Rory and Lorelai sometimes

I really love Luke's father-like relationships with both Rory and Jess

overall as a character I like Luke more than Chris
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you
Dairfan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 07:16 PM
  #34
Part-Time Fan
 
Litlover73's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
I have a complicated relationship with java junkie. I love and adore both characters, however I never became invested in any of Lorelai's romantic endeavours. I could listen to them banter all day and I think the lack of JJ interactions in season 7 is what made it such a downer, besides too much Logan.

I just never felt that sexual chemistry between them much, and I honestly felt that Lorelai had much more of a sexual spark with Christopher. If they had just played Luke and Lorelai as best buds for the entire series it would not have bothered me in the slightest. I am totally invested in Luke as a character in his own right and his arc with Jess is a joy to me. I also often felt that Luke was more invested than Lorelai and that bugs me.

Logan on the other hand I just couldn't get invested in at all. There was nothing to him outside of his relationship with Rory, same with Dean, but Luke and Jess had so much more to them, hence my scarily much too real emotional attachment to them . I can safely say that I care more about Luke and Jess than Lorelai and Rory...I must be Amy's worst nightmare.
__________________
Rory/Jess - It is what it is.
Litlover73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:47 PM
  #35
Extreme Fan
 
tanaja's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,862
You don't like Luke and Lorelai as a romantic couple? OMG, I can't believe that. I love them, although I agree with you, that Luke seems to be more invested. Lorelai seems to be even a little gloomy, when she is with him (especially in season 6).

But ASP doesn't like happy, happy endings, she likes happy endings with a little sadness (I think, that it was in one of her interviews).

As for Logan - I don't dislike him, actually I like him. But I think, that such a rich, spoiled guy, with huge expectations form his family, who likes to party so much, won't be ready at 22 or 23 years old for a serious commitment.
He helped Rory to open up, to socialise more and party - which could be great for college experience.

It was Rory who was somehow clingy in that relationship- she had wanted him, even if it have meant open relationship or instant forgiveness for "bridesmaids incident" (although it is in contrast with her character as we knew it before).
tanaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:20 PM
  #36
Dedicated Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 571
Lorelai was going through a hard time though with Rory dropping out of Yale and moving into her parent's house so I can understand if she wasn't entirely there
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you
Dairfan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:25 AM
  #37
Part-Time Fan
 
Litlover73's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
You don't like Luke and Lorelai as a romantic couple? OMG, I can't believe that. I love them, although I agree with you, that Luke seems to be more invested. Lorelai seems to be even a little gloomy, when she is with him (especially in season 6).

But ASP doesn't like happy, happy endings, she likes happy endings with a little sadness (I think, that it was in one of her interviews).

As for Logan - I don't dislike him, actually I like him. But I think, that such a rich, spoiled guy, with huge expectations form his family, who likes to party so much, won't be ready at 22 or 23 years old for a serious commitment.
He helped Rory to open up, to socialise more and party - which could be great for college experience.

It was Rory who was somehow clingy in that relationship- she had wanted him, even if it have meant open relationship or instant forgiveness for "bridesmaids incident" (although it is in contrast with her character as we knew it before).
I know. I'm a terrible person .

It's not that I don't want them together. I do for sure, I just don't feel the electricity between them like RJ, and I just can't get passionate enough about them to read fan fic, watch YouTube vids or gush in fan forums. I am like that with a lot of couples unfortunately. Never got into any of the Friends couples for example, however Mulder and Scully were my first obsession. It's all about the eye lasers for me .

I don't hate Logan, he is just there....wasting my time. They definitely don't have any eye lasers happening.

And Rory being so clingy in that relationship was so disappointing. I really thought Amy would want her to be more independent and of stronger character as she got older than what she turned out to be.
__________________
Rory/Jess - It is what it is.
Litlover73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:44 AM
  #38
Dedicated Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 571
I guess everyone has a different sense of what chemistry between 2 characters is. I was pretty invested in the ships on friends but I don't read much fan fic or watch fan vids for them.
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

Last edited by Dairfan21; 11-24-2017 at 03:41 PM
Dairfan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:39 PM
  #39
Extreme Fan
 
tanaja's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
I know. I'm a terrible person .

It's not that I don't want them together. I do for sure, I just don't feel the electricity between them like RJ, and I just can't get passionate enough about them to read fan fic, watch YouTube vids or gush in fan forums. I am like that with a lot of couples unfortunately. Never got into any of the Friends couples for example, however Mulder and Scully were my first obsession. It's all about the eye lasers for me .

I don't hate Logan, he is just there....wasting my time. They definitely don't have any eye lasers happening.

And Rory being so clingy in that relationship was so disappointing. I really thought Amy would want her to be more independent and of stronger character as she got older than what she turned out to be.
You're not a terrible person, LOL But I see some chemistry between L/L. Lorelai brought light into Luke's boring and sometimes sad life. He kissed the ground she walked on.
As for Lorelai... Max seems to be too serious for Lorelai (I would want Max for me , but he and Lorelai are obviously too different), ASP's Chris would never settle down with Lorelai, their timing was never right (btw, I hated Chris, because he didn't really care for Rory), Jason was a little strange, Luke on the other hand grounded Lorelai and just accepted and admired her with all her mistakes.

If you had been a writer, what sort of destiny would you have given to Lorelai? Do you like any of her suitors?

IMO Rory was so clingy mainly because she had a crush on Logan, but she also didn't want to be an outsider. She was the first time in her life on her own in the big world, and she wanted to belong (to Logan, his friends, his circle, their college lifestyle). She was also a little intrigued by Logan's high society status (after all, it was something, what Emily wanted for Rory - and Rory knew, how much Emily loved her), but mainly she just liked him and didn't want to lose him at the time.

The writers had to make a love triangle for Rory and Logan/Rory story seems good enough to me. That is not a grand love, but R/L are great buddies and - that is actually a lot.
tanaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:48 PM
  #40
Dedicated Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
You're not a terrible person, LOL But I see some chemistry between L/L. Lorelai brought light into Luke's boring and sometimes sad life. He kissed the ground she walked on.
As for Lorelai... Max seems to be too serious for Lorelai (I would want Max for me , but he and Lorelai are obviously too different), ASP's Chris would never settle down with Lorelai, their timing was never right (btw, I hated Chris, because he didn't really care for Rory), Jason was a little strange, Luke on the other hand grounded Lorelai and just accepted and admired her with all her mistakes.

If you had been a writer, what sort of destiny would you have given to Lorelai? Do you like any of her suitors?

IMO Rory was so clingy mainly because she had a crush on Logan, but she also didn't want to be an outsider. She was the first time in her life on her own in the big world, and she wanted to belong (to Logan, his friends, his circle, their college lifestyle). She was also a little intrigued by Logan's high society status (after all, it was something, what Emily wanted for Rory - and Rory knew, how much Emily loved her), but mainly she just liked him and didn't want to lose him at the time.

The writers had to make a love triangle for Rory and Logan/Rory story seems good enough to me. That is not a grand love, but R/L are great buddies and - that is actually a lot.
Max was a nice guy but not necessarily for Lorelai. Personally for me I found the slow burn aspect of the L&L relationship really satisfying.

I really love the points that Scott and Lauren brought up in this interview https://youtu.be/B_QD4P0JJ8E

I disagree about the writers having to make a love triangle
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you
Dairfan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:44 AM
  #41
Extreme Fan
 
tanaja's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I disagree about the writers having to make a love triangle
Well, the central idea of the GG series was Lorelai's rejection of Emily's high society world and conflict between those two worlds.

And IMO Rory must have an opportunity to choose between those two worlds herself.
So, a suitor for Rory from "high society world" is almost a must in such a concept. Rory must have suitors from both worlds. There almost must be a love triangle for Rory between her suitor from Lorelai's world and suitor from Emily's world (for example Logan and Jess or Dean).

That's my view on the series. Besides, Milo was not available anyway, so they had to introduce another character in Rory's romantic life.

Last edited by tanaja; 11-25-2017 at 03:50 AM
tanaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:24 AM
  #42
Master Fan

 
Ropetuned's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 10,258
I never got what people saw in this filth
__________________
RopeTuned is a male shipper and unashamed
Ropetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:55 AM
  #43
Part-Time Fan
 
Litlover73's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 248
I think the triangle had to exist to fulfill Amy's 'full circle ' palava, so she needed a Chris and a Luke, so enter Logan and Jess. That was Amy's plan from episode 1.

As for Lorelai she provides the comedy for me, where Rory provides the romantic interest in my little world. I had no particular desire for her as long as she was generally happy and made me laugh. I was more emotionally invested in her interactions and banter with Rory, Emily, and even characters like Kirk and Lane. I would rather see Luke and Lorelai bantering in the diner than making out above the diner.
__________________
Rory/Jess - It is what it is.
Litlover73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:15 AM
  #44
Dedicated Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 571
I know some fans didn't like the whole full circle thing in the revival and I'm kind of one of those people I have to admit
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you
Dairfan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:19 AM
  #45
Dedicated Fan
 
Dairfan21's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
Well, the central idea of the GG series was Lorelai's rejection of Emily's high society world and conflict between those two worlds.

And IMO Rory must have an opportunity to choose between those two worlds herself.
So, a suitor for Rory from "high society world" is almost a must in such a concept. Rory must have suitors from both worlds. There almost must be a love triangle for Rory between her suitor from Lorelai's world and suitor from Emily's world (for example Logan and Jess or Dean).

That's my view on the series. Besides, Milo was not available anyway, so they had to introduce another character in Rory's romantic life.
yeah I get that and it makes for an interesting story for sure but I also do feel like love triangles get tiring after a while (it never really felt like that much of a love triangle to me? I actually like the one with Dean and Jess more personally)
__________________

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you
Dairfan21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.