Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2017, 07:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
The revival is 1000% team Jess and not team Logan.
I felt the same watching it too. But then came the twist with last four worlds. And Logan was back in the game. At least he will always be in Rory's life.
I would like to see new installment as soon as possible.
Quote:
At the end of season 6 he was going to London and during season 7 Rory was struggling.
Yes, and they would both find new partners and in the end she would be pregnant with (maybe already engaged) Logan.
Quote:
I once again didn't feel any spark between them at all. I thought Logan's engagement was a business arrangement, but Odette was there in his bed when Rory called and he obviously had zero plans of changing the situation.
Well, Matt is a good actor, but it's pretty clear they don't have the same chemistry than Alexis and Milo. Clearly, they were never a real life couple.

I don't know why - but I just keep thinking about Odette. She seems such an amazing character with enormous potential.
I'm not sure if arranged marriages still exist in 21st century. Would then Odette be some sort princess Diana and Rory Camilla?
Or maybe it's not really an arranged marriage and he actually likes Odette enough? But he still has some nostalgic feelings towards his college girlfriend Rory and wants to be with her for some time before the wedding?

Last edited by Lindsay; 08-16-2017 at 09:20 AM Reason: Changed wording
Old 08-16-2017, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I have watched the revival now and surprisingly I really loved it. There wasn't as much Logan as I was fearing and as a couple they were as they were in the series..boring as hell. I once again didn't feel any spark between them at all. I thought Logan's engagement was a business arrangement, but Odette was there in his bed when Rory called and he obviously had zero plans of changing the situation. And for Rory it was the comfort of having someone familiar in her life when she was flailing, and the scene when she kept dialling his number is Amy telling us that Logan is a habit for Rory...a bad habit.

Considering this is vaguely how Amy wanted season 7 to go this all kind of makes sense. At the end of season 6 he was going off to London and during season 7 Rory was struggling with what she would find herself doing after Yale.

However now, not only are they boring, but they are both being unfaithful in a no strings arrangement. Is this a situation that Amy would set up for a couple she wanted to live happily ever after together...no way in this world.

I agree with the Gilmore Guys in this one. The revival is 1000% team Jess and not team Logan.
Hmm, I never looked at it that way. Maybe now I will.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
I felt the same watching it too. But then came the twist with last four worlds. And Logan was back in the game. At least he will always be in Rory's life.
I would like to see new installment as soon as possible
But we don't want want Logan anywhere near her life..that's why those words are such a bummer. And yes I want more eps ASAP also, especially because I am shallow and I don't want them to be looking too old lol.

Anyway I guess Amy has her conflict set up beautifully now, whether we like it or not.

And I forgot to mention how much I hated the Life and Death Brigade nonsense. They are so unlikeable, which I can happily tolerate if they make me laugh, but they are in no way funny and that was 10 minutes of my life I won't get back. I can't believe they wasted money on that scene, but cut back on a wedding fans have been waiting on for years. It makes no sense.

Also that scene when Logan puts the hat on her head and frames her with his hand could have been a nice scene, but then when the camera focuses on him he has that creepy smirk on his face yet again, and then just waltzes away from her. I honestly don't feel like he would sacrifice anything to be with her.

They also made it clear that Mitchum doesn't want Logan with her as he made a point of bringing up Odette in front of Rory. Could you imagine how awful her life would be if she became a part of that family...no thanks.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I can't believe they wasted money on that scene, but cut back on a wedding fans have been waiting on for years. It makes no sense.
Exactly. Not one bit of sense.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I remembered another thing that made me cringe in the series and that was that ridiculous party Rory threw when Logan was going to England. That accent she attempted was pitiful....really really bad and I couldn't watch lol.

I really wasn't fussed on party girl Rory and I feel like she became one to please Logan. I much preferred reading a book at a party Rory like in the first few seasons. In fact we could probably count the amount of times Rory had a book or spoke of a book in the last few seasons on one hand.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I agree.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Another thing that bugs me is when Logan supporters say that Rory and Logan do have things in common because he is well read and he is involved in the world of journalism.

This is true, but he does not have any passion for these things. Actually he doesn't seem to have a passion for anything but having a good time and making money. He never discusses books with Rory and the only reason he is involved in journalism is because of his family, and is reluctant to be involved in the company. They don't share the same passions at all.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That's a good point.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:01 AM
Passionate Fan

An excellent Amy quote I found on tumblr

AMY SHERMAN-PALLADINO ON RORY AND JESS’ RELATIONSHIP, VS. RORY AND LOGAN’S

“Jess and Rory have other things in common other than the make-out, other than the sex. You know, the sex is there, which is nice and enjoyable for all those who want to enjoy it, but they have the books and the music and the reading and the literature and the intellectual standpoint, and you can’t ignore the fact that there is a meeting of the minds there.”

“Logan and Rory’s relationship has never been based on deep talkin’. Their relationship has been based on ‘Let’s have fun! Let’s avoid reality! Let’s just go play and party!’ And Rory doesn’t want to avoid reality anymore.”

Old 09-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Very interesting comparison indeed.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:17 AM
Passionate Fan

The following article is trashy with bad language. It is however true and hilarious .

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/syd...rve-each-other

Enjoy!

You know this has reminded me of the terrible shenanigans of them at her grandparents vow renewal. What the heck??

She was put out by Jess taking things too far at that party, saying anyone could walk in, but then seduced Logan at her grandparents celebration.

I deadset feel the outrage all over again .
Old 10-20-2017, 05:54 AM
Extreme Fan

My friend just sent me that link ^^ It is harsh, but does put things in perspective, especially for me who is always has the early years of Jess and Rory picture in my mind, season 4 Rory and onwards I remember lost me together with the Logan storyline...
Old 10-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

That is harsh. I don't know if I completely agree with that person's view on Rory. I maybe would have worded things differently.

Quote:
She was put out by Jess taking things too far at that party, saying anyone could walk in, but then seduced Logan at her grandparents celebration.
Yeah really.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alljess (View Post)
My friend just sent me that link ^^ It is harsh, but does put things in perspective, especially for me who is always has the early years of Jess and Rory picture in my mind, season 4 Rory and onwards I remember lost me together with the Logan storyline...
I was the same. As soon as Logan came on the scene I got bored with it and lost interest back in the day. Since rewatched the whole thing and the care factor is still zero. Don't understand how anyone can be passionate about these two. There's just no natural spark there.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

wow thanks for sharing that link

I would compare Logan to another certain playboy from gossip girl but he's not as bad as that other guy definitely

can't believe these 2 were nominated twice for best chemistry at the teen choice awards and Alexis/Milo never were

I feel like Rory and Jess's first time would've been more meaningful and special than what went down with Dean and Logan (I just watched that episode with the reverend recently for the first time)

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 11-20-2017 at 11:46 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top