Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2016, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Since Lauren and Alexis are the leads, I think it's possible they were speaking in a general sense. They're going to do more than just LL and R?

For Matt, his role is far more limited to RL and the LDB.
Spoiler:
Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 PM
Addicted Fan

I haven't posted here on ages but i really wish we get a good ending with the movie (obviously not with RL being endgame)
Old 04-22-2016, 12:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Ah, the LDB. Hopefully they're still doing stupid things just for the sake of being stupid.
If Logan hasn't changed that much since college, I don't see how a R/L ending can pan out.

Spoiler:
Old 04-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
Ah, the LDB. Hopefully they're still doing stupid things just for the sake of being stupid.
If Logan hasn't changed that much since college, I don't see how a R/L ending can pan out.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 04-22-2016, 10:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Cat (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 04-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frattaglia (View Post)
Spoiler:
Compare Logan with Lorelai? That's actually hilarious. Not only because if he's any of her parents, he's clearly Christopher but also becasue i actually think that by comparing him to Lorelai, it actually makes Logan look worse. Lorelai mangaged to break ties from the life she didn't want with a baby and without so much as a high school diploma. Logan, bit**ed and moaned about his life but if he truly didn't want that life he could have left. He went to YALE, had a trust fund and the Huntzburger name - yet, he couldn't break free? The truth is, Logan is just a coward. He had no spine and no real desire to fight his parents. The only reason he eventually left his father's company was because he screwed up so badly and when he did it took him all of a couple of weeks to get a good job. Oh, yeah, Logan's life was a struggle.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Loyal Fan

^yeah, I never really saw the Logan/Lorelai comparison ...all he did was complain about his life but never really doing anything about it. Lorelai is a much, much stronger character.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Lorelai mangaged to break ties from the life she didn't want with a baby and without so much as a high school diploma.
Those are the reasons why I think that if we really have to compare Lorelai with someone (and I'll say again, if we really have)... that would be Jess. I know they come from two very different family, but they both were unhappy, the were a kind of angry and rebel teenagers that finally make a mistake that may compromise their future. And that is the turning point of their lives: they leave everything and everyone behind and instead of fail they make something good of their lives...
Old 04-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalt (View Post)
Those are the reasons why I think that if we really have to compare Lorelai with someone (and I'll say again, if we really have)... that would be Jess. I know they come from two very different family, but they both were unhappy, the were a kind of angry and rebel teenagers that finally make a mistake that may compromise their future. And that is the turning point of their lives: they leave everything and everyone behind and instead of fail they make something good of their lives...
This is so true. It actually took me back a little bit, I seem to remember comparing Jess and Lorelai quite a few years ago. Of course they had many differences but Lorelai often compared Rory'd boyfriends with Chris but with Jess she never did. I think he scared her more than the others because she saw more of herself in him. Logan was straight up, Christopher. It was creepy the first time they met. I know they say little girls marrry their fathers but Chris was a terrible father, even ASP said so. Yet another reason to keep her awaay from Logan.
Old 04-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Logan was straight up, Christopher. It was creepy the first time they met.
one of the most disturbing scenes of the entire show, no joking.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Yet another reason to keep her awaay from Logan.
Yes exactly. That scene was very telling.
Old 04-24-2016, 12:46 AM
Loyal Fan

no wonder ASP keeps comparing the two ...she did it back in the day, and she's still doing it now ...which makes me confident they won't be endgame.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:19 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I know they say little girls marrry their fathers but Chris was a terrible father, even ASP said so. Yet another reason to keep her awaay from Logan.
Well, If we step into psychology... it doesn't metter if Chris was a good or a bad father. He was so absent he can't be a "paternal figure" for Rory in any case. It may be Richard. More likely it's still Lorelai: for she acted both as a mother and as a father to her. So, same conclusions...

Last edited by lalt; 04-24-2016 at 03:40 AM
Old 04-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Personally, I always thought that ASP was going to break-up Logan and Rory in season 7, if she had stayed. I don't know why but I always got the feeling Logan would meet someone else. I just get this feeling that if Rory doesn't end up with Jess, she will finish single or with someone completely new. I just think given the time gap, and the fact that I just don't think she will have maintained a friendship with Logan, logically if she was to end up with an ex, its easier to understand how she would have maintained a friendship with Jess than any other boyfriend because I do feel he will have maintained a relationship with Luke and I think he and Lorelai will be together.

I have seen some Logan fans try to argue why he is the logical choice and while I respect their opinion, their arguments never seem logical to me. I know we're all entitled to our own point of view but I do sometimes think with their love of MC/Logan they can lose track of who Rory really was and what she wanted. One argument was that Logan was the most obvious choice because Rory had chosen the high society lifestyle. But she didn't. She liked and then loved Logan and was intrigued by aspects of his world and explored it but Rory didn't choose it. If fact one could argue she rejected it when she rejected his proposal. You could also argue Rory was the type of person that, if willing, could fit in anywhere. She was never really a club or clique person but could have been if she wanted to be and her experiments with both the Puffs and the DAR shows that she would have been successful. But would they have made her happy? No, because they weren't true to who she was and neither, to me, was her relationship with Logan.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont see how logan is the logical choice either.

quantity is not > quality. just because hes been in a lot of episodes doesnt mean hes the most logical choice.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread