Old 12-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ Exactly. Great post.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)

I guess it just irks me how Logan gets credit for "being there" for Rory or always willing to help Rory, when the things he does don't actually involve him having to do anything or give up anything.
Agree to this. It bothers me that to some Rory is being her best version when she's with Logan. Totally disregarding all the mistakes they did together.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:00 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

I just read this interview with Matt where he says his idea for the final four words would be "Rory, I love you". The guy's a bit delirious. I think he's a bigger Rory/Logan shipper than anyone on this board.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah Matt is a big Logan/Rory shipper. It's cute but not realistic
Old 12-09-2016, 08:06 AM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
And seriously a bit annoying. I really don't think this is how ASP sees the Rory/Logan relationship. I mean, at least Scott's idea of the final four words was funny! Matt's is just misleading to fans. He's pretty much writing fan fiction.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think it's cute

I love Matt but I just don't think R/L should be endgame.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's understandable he'd be a RL shipper when he played Logan. It's probably automatic to want to stick up for him.

Maybe he's just having fun with it since ASP obviously doesn't care what anybody but herself thinks, so he's probably got nothing to lose. Probably as long as he doesn't bash the show.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

Most characters tend to ship their own relationships within a show.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Sometimes I wish Milo is like that but it's okay
Old 12-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Honestly I get Logan. He is charming. But if he ended up with Rory, it'd be like a Carrie & Big SATC ending x100. I hate myself for being under Logan's spell but I see that a huge part of his appeal is just like Big's - he's rich. Logan is even more unrealistic than Big. At least Big bought Carrie a plane ticket in case she/he (I don't remember) misses her/him. Logan was 100 times wealthier and did more grand gestures. If Logan weren't rich, he'd lose 80% of his appeal. I even like him but I prefer a quirky show. For me Luke is more realistic characters and just like you mentioned - he showed he cared in different means. ASP truly wanted to show as that Logan was a jerk after all, peter pan, not relationship kind. Not the one who proposes to Rory. He likes his life the way it is. I tear up every time I watch LDB ending scene though. It doesn't suit the show but is so bittersweet, you can feel the end of L&R is coming yet it's lovely. I hate that ASP spent so much time on Logan. She was furious at ship wars yet that's what we got. After 10 years Rory was a mistress. I don't want her to end up with Jess any more. That ship has sailed. ASP knew Jess was more popular and he got 3 scenes. I don't get it.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:07 PM
hso
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Sometimes I wish Milo is like that but it's okay
Milo isn't, and Jared isn't, and I think that a year and a half ago Matt wasn't, either. I find it respectable. Not that it's bad to support your character, but I see a difference between supporting and presenting a narrative that supposedly stants opposed to what the actual showrunner was trying to convey.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie1408 (View Post)
Honestly I get Logan. He is charming. But if he ended up with Rory, it'd be like a Carrie & Big SATC ending x100. I hate myself for being under Logan's spell but I see that a huge part of his appeal is just like Big's - he's rich. Logan is even more unrealistic than Big. At least Big bought Carrie a plane ticket in case she/he (I don't remember) misses her/him. Logan was 100 times wealthier and did more grand gestures. If Logan weren't rich, he'd lose 80% of his appeal. I even like him but I prefer a quirky show. For me Luke is more realistic characters and just like you mentioned - he showed he cared in different means. ASP truly wanted to show as that Logan was a jerk after all, peter pan, not relationship kind. Not the one who proposes to Rory. He likes his life the way it is. I tear up every time I watch LDB ending scene though. It doesn't suit the show but is so bittersweet, you can feel the end of L&R is coming yet it's lovely. I hate that ASP spent so much time on Logan. She was furious at ship wars yet that's what we got. After 10 years Rory was a mistress. I don't want her to end up with Jess any more. That ship has sailed. ASP knew Jess was more popular and he got 3 scenes. I don't get it.
Sometimes, I really think that Rory doesnt deserve Jess. Not at all. But my Lit heart just overpowers it
Old 12-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ I know what you mean.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:17 AM
Passionate Fan

I am so glad I found this thread. A place to vent with like minded people.

I haven't watched the revival properly as Rory's storyline upset me no end, but I guess there was no stopping Amy doing it so she could get her final 4 words and the full circle thing.

What disappointed me the most was not only the cheating aspect, but the fact that they had absolutely no guilt about their behaviour whatsoever. It's tasteless and the whole LDB goodbye scene rubbish seems to indicate that we are supposed to have sympathy for their situation.

What the hell! And Logan offering her the house so she can write her book. As if!! Quite handy shacking her up in your family's house so he can come and go as he pleases without suspicion. Ugh!!

Thank goodness ASP has made it very clear Logan's role in Rory's life parallels Christopher, so we can take comfort that they will never end up together permanently.

Rant over
Old 06-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Lol, I am very happy, that you found this thread. If we have anti Jess/Rory thread, we should have anti Logan/Rory thread too.

I've just watched some scenes from season 6. Logan cheated on Rory with bridesmaids. But he said, that he was believing, that he and Rory had broken up before that.
But even more shocking than cheating was Rory's reaction. when Logan confronted her, she has just excepted his explanation and she has gone home with him (although she was very hurt). Was she so afraid to lose him?

But on the other hand Rory loves Logan,and now they are going to have a child.
And maybe they just deserve each other. Dean cheated on his wife with Rory and ruined his marriage (and hurt Lindsey), but Rory didn't even try to stop him, when he was leaving her feeling inferior.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread