Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2020, 08:39 AM
Oy with the poodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I think people misconstrue passion and someone who is a jerk. But, I hAve also seen a lot of misandry in ships too. Where they have these respectful men with women that tear them down emotionally. I like angst, but there is a difference between that and just being a jerk to your partner.
That's true, too. It can work both ways for sure.
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:50 PM
Extreme Fan

How many of you think if ASP was to write a continuation of The Gilmore Girls Netflix series, she would eventually have Jess wind up with Jess?
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:49 PM
Oy with the poodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
How many of you think if ASP was to write a continuation of The Gilmore Girls Netflix series, she would eventually have Jess wind up with Jess?
That's the true love story of the show.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
That's the true love story of the show.
I agree with you, but why would ASP take a blatant stalker and an aggressive individual who thinks when he decides to have sex with his girlfriend, how dare she say no and then try and force himself on her?

Not a good example.

I just don't see Jess with any redeeming qualities.

He is arrogant, doesn't respect people or their property, with a very aggressive personality when one does not agree with him. I think Jess would be a strong candidate for hitting his wife/girlfriend. I just can't understand what ASP sees in him, but she did create him.

In my opinion if they do another mini-series, the story will Luke an d Lorelai all over again.

Girl with a child born out of wedlock drinks coffee and more or less takes advantage of the diner owner, who has unrequited love for said girl. Who claims she doesn't know about it, but deep down she does, and she uses that information to use diner owner.

But you know in my opinion, all Logan has to do is snap his fingers and Rory will come running with her best Victoria Secret outfit. Poor Jess.

Last edited by TL22; 10-07-2020 at 03:06 PM
Old 10-07-2020, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well that's an interesting take.....
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:36 PM
Oy with the poodles

In my heart of hearts I wish ASP hadn't gone there with his character. He was always a jerk and I probably still wouldn't have shipped him with Rory, but I would've been able to at least stomach the idea of him maturing and becoming a good suitor for Rory had he not sexually assaulted Rory.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well that's an interesting take.....
A good interesting or a bad interesting? LOL
Old 10-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
A good interesting or a bad interesting? LOL
I don't know if I agree with all of it, but I do on some points. I'm just whatever about jess. Also, ASP can't write male characters. They are all so damn hollow.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't know if I agree with all of it, but I do on some points. I'm just whatever about jess. Also, ASP can't write male characters. They are all so damn hollow.
I agree with you on the male characters, but I'm curious about Jess. Who is obviously her hero. Why did she write him as a total A-hole?

Also, if you think about it, Rory in sum total comes across as an unlikable character.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:50 AM
Oy with the poodles

She wrote Jess as a total A-hole because she wanted to adhere to the damaged bad boy trope because she knows women respond to those kinds of characters. They like seeing the girl take sympathy on the damaged bad boy and want to fix them OR see the bad boy through knowing and loving said girl changing her and helping her to see her true inner self. It's such a trite and predictable trope that sucks way too many impressionable young girls in so that they look for the damaged bad boys IRL to "fix". That's just so dangerous in my eyes.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
She wrote Jess as a total A-hole because she wanted to adhere to the damaged bad boy trope because she knows women respond to those kinds of characters. They like seeing the girl take sympathy on the damaged bad boy and want to fix them OR see the bad boy through knowing and loving said girl changing her and helping her to see her true inner self. It's such a trite and predictable trope that sucks way too many impressionable young girls in so that they look for the damaged bad boys IRL to "fix". That's just so dangerous in my eyes.
I agree. I just think this idea of being able to fix someone is very damaging. I am still utterly confused at how popular the pairing is. Apparently, its better to be an obnoxious ******* then to have money.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:14 AM
Oy with the poodles

Quote:
I agree. I just think this idea of being able to fix someone is very damaging. I am still utterly confused at how popular the pairing is. Apparently, its better to be an obnoxious ******* then to have money.
Exactly. It's baffling to me how popular RJ still are in this day and age. It's as if the #MeToo movement had no affect on them. And you're also right with the amount of disdain and judgment leveled at Logan because of his wealth vs. the reverence for a character who is abusive in nature. I just don't get it.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:32 AM
Oy with the poodles

Ugh. I wish we had an entire GG compilation video without RJ being a focus. I love the show but RJ weren't why! There was sooooooo much more to the show than them. Don't mind me, I'm just irritated.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ugh. I wish we had an entire GG compilation video without RJ being a focus. I love the show but RJ weren't why! There was sooooooo much more to the show than them. Don't mind me, I'm just irritated.
Media likes to feed on what gets people talking. I am just confused why that’s seen as a centrepiece when it wasn’t even Rory best or most lasting relationship.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:41 AM
Oy with the poodles

Quote:
Media likes to feed on what gets people talking. I am just confused why that’s seen as a centrepiece when it wasn’t even Rory best or most lasting relationship.
It was a fanvid that Allison posted in the GG fanvid thread so the fan who made it certainly had a right to include whichever scenes they wanted but it's irritating to those of us who want to see the entire show and cast represented.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top