Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2020, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice discussion guys. Maybe jess was better in the revival but the past is unforgivable for rj. He should find someone that he didn't bail or make a hard time for not having sex
Old 08-18-2020, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Me either. I am watching Maisel now and I think she is getting better. She likes to write men as stereotypes and Jess was one big honking stereotype on acid. Dean definitely treated he poorly. But, he deserved better than how she treated him.
My point was Dean was a saint compared to Jess. I agree that Rory treated Dean poorly.

The only male character I really like on Maisel is Zac Levi's character, the others are hard to stomach.

Yep, Jess was a big, honking (teehee, I like that choice of word) stereotype on acid.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
My point was Dean was a saint compared to Jess. I agree that Rory treated Dean poorly.

The only male character I really like on Maisel is Zac Levi's character, the others are hard to stomach.

Yep, Jess was a big, honking (teehee, I like that choice of word) stereotype on acid.
Yeah I love Abe. Yes, Dean was an angel next to Jess.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Abe drives me crazy. I love Tony, though, he does an excellent job portraying that character.

Jess didn’t need a GF, he needed a therapist.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jess definitely needs therapy if he ever gets into a other relationship but it won't be rory
Old 08-20-2020, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Jess definitely needs therapy if he ever gets into a other relationship but it won't be rory
My other issue is that she doesn't seem to feel for him what he feels for her. If I were a Jess fan, I wouldn't want that for him. He will always be her second choice.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
My other issue is that she doesn't seem to feel for him what he feels for her. If I were a Jess fan, I wouldn't want that for him. He will always be her second choice.
That’s also how I saw it. Jess feels for Rory much more than she feels for him as seen in the moment in the revival when Jess is looking longingly out the window at Rory.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow do you guys get chatty when I don't pay attention to the thread.

When I was posting on the IMDB boards, now defunct, the big knock against Dean was that he was stalking Rory. HUH? Jess did nothing but stalk Rory from the minute he showed up in Stars Hollow, but in the minds of the R/J advocates, what Jess did was not stalking, but true love. Just because Dean showed up at her house unannounced one time it was stalking. No mention is ever made of Jess showing up unannounced, and basically forcing himself into the house.

Hmmm, I guess Jess thinks forcing himself onto Rory is acceptable. Just like he tried to force himself upon her sexually. His fans think so also, because he was really in love with her.

Dean is criticized for breaking up with her at the dance. He made her look bad. Nothing is mentioned about Rory making a fool out of him for weeks.

Another thing that will drive P/J'ers wild is the fact Rory rejected Jess's offer to run off to NYC, and then shortly afterwards slipped into bed with the married Dean.

When I watched the Gilmore Girls revival I was disgusted by the ending. ASP made it very clear where things were headed. The unmarried Rory Gilmore with child was going to have the exact same life as her mother. Pursuing a somewhat platonic relationship with a diner owner who is secretly in love with her.

At least Loreli knew who the father was. Rory can't say the same.

More later.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Wow do you guys get chatty when I don't pay attention to the thread.

When I was posting on the IMDB boards, now defunct, the big knock against Dean was that he was stalking Rory. HUH? Jess did nothing but stalk Rory from the minute he showed up in Stars Hollow, but in the minds of the R/J advocates, what Jess did was not stalking, but true love. Just because Dean showed up at her house unannounced one time it was stalking. No mention is ever made of Jess showing up unannounced, and basically forcing himself into the house.

Hmmm, I guess Jess thinks forcing himself onto Rory is acceptable. Just like he tried to force himself upon her sexually. His fans think so also, because he was really in love with her.

Dean is criticized for breaking up with her at the dance. He made her look bad. Nothing is mentioned about Rory making a fool out of him for weeks.

Another thing that will drive P/J'ers wild is the fact Rory rejected Jess's offer to run off to NYC, and then shortly afterwards slipped into bed with the married Dean.

When I watched the Gilmore Girls revival I was disgusted by the ending. ASP made it very clear where things were headed. The unmarried Rory Gilmore with child was going to have the exact same life as her mother. Pursuing a somewhat platonic relationship with a diner owner who is secretly in love with her.

At least Loreli knew who the father was. Rory can't say the same.

More later.
Nah I think it’s pretty clear who the father is. But Jess isn’t Luke and Rory is not her mother.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I know ASP prides herself on mirroring the two relationships and the fans suck that up like it’s candy but the two relationships couldn’t be more different from the other. Jess is NOT Luke. Not by a MILE. And Logan is NOT Christopher. Not by a MILE. It’s laughable to me that some fans question whose child it actually is.

Last edited by Talula78; 08-22-2020 at 09:10 AM
Old 08-21-2020, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I know ASP prides herself on mirroring the two relationships and the fans suck that up like it’s candy but the two relationships couldn’t be more different from the other. Jess is NOT Luke. Not by a MILE. And Logan is NOT Christopher. Not by a MILE. It’s laughable to me that some fans question whose child it actually is.
Exactly.

Last edited by Talula78; 08-22-2020 at 09:10 AM
Old 08-22-2020, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

If Jess had half the big heart Luke has, I might’ve understood the allure and accepted the parallel.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Nah I think it’s pretty clear who the father is. But Jess isn’t Luke and Rory is not her mother.
I'm still clueless.

Didn't Rory have sex with Logan, her boyfriend and a one night stand in quick order? So who do you guys think the father is?
Old 08-23-2020, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I'm still clueless.

Didn't Rory have sex with Logan, her boyfriend and a one night stand in quick order? So who do you guys think the father is?
She had a one night stand in summer. Hadn’t seen Paul since spring and last had sex with Logan. He was the only one she was regularly sleeping with. The whole point of their last night happening before the reveal was so that the father was clear. It’s a pretty obvious trope of it’s not really goodbye.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I'm still clueless.

It’s clearly Logan’s. ASP has stated she wanted to mirror the relationships between Lorelai/Christopher and Rory/Logan so it wouldn’t make sense that some rando would be the baby’s father.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread