Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2017, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I think Jess could have done with being put in his place a lot. Doubt he would have listened, though.
Nope, he wouldn't have. He doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
He didn't when Lorelai gave good advice on not taking rory for granted
Nope, he didn't. Another example of him being stubborn and disrespectful and to his supposed love's own mother!
Old 06-18-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The only person that ever mattered to him was him.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Addicted Fan

That's not true. Jess cared for others too. For example he encouraged Luke to go to a date and to live a little less boring life.
And in revival he gives Rory writing advice, but doesn't expect anything in return.

I mean,,, the scene in Kyle's bedroom is unforgivable, other things ... well... he was just a lost teenager.

But how are you justifying Logan's "bridesmaids incident"? And Rory's reaction to it (forgiveness)?
I'm not pretending, that Jess's bedroom scene and Logan's bridesmaids incident are similar/the same. Far away. And I really like Logan.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
That's not true. Jess cared for others too. For example he encouraged Luke to go to a date and to live a little less boring life.
And in revival he gives Rory writing advice, but doesn't expect anything in return.

I mean,,, the scene in Kyle's bedroom is unforgivable, other things ... well... he was just a lost teenager.

But how are you justifying Logan's "bridesmaids incident"? And Rory's reaction to it (forgiveness)?
I'm not pretending, that Jess's bedroom scene and Logan's bridesmaids incident are similar/the same. Far away. And I really like Logan.
They are far and away two different things. One is borderline sexual assault the other is a communication problem. They were broken up or atleast that was the message that was sent after having a fight and then not communication for over a month. Yeah, its not fun hearing that the person you cared about slept with other people when you guys were apart. But, even she couldn't argue that they were together when that debacle happened. If anything, he should have given her a heads up and told her first. Jess literally disrespected her right to consent then threw a hissy fit.

Forgive me but I am going to be blunt cause I am just getting really tired of this. But, why are you defending Jess in his anti-thread. Read the rules before you post. AS for your liking Logan, you may, but your posts don't come across that way, either way Logan is irrelevant to this thread. Just like Logan fans don't go into the Anti-LORO thread, Jess fans wouldn't be comfortable here and its a thread for ranting and not really a place for creating a Jess vs Logan dialogue.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Forgive me but I am going to be blunt cause I am just getting really tired of this. But, why are you defending Jess in his anti-thread. Read the rules before you post. . .
OK, maybe I should write that in another thread.
I really like Rory and Logan and I think, that they should be together, because they love each other (Rory doesn't love Jess any more) and they will even have a child. However, I've always loved Jess too. I can't just hate one of them. Although Jess definitively has many mistakes too.

As for the question about "bridesmaids incidents" - I just recently saw again a couple of scenes and I was surprised, how much I have forgotten and how different it has seemed now. So, asking people who are pro-Logan seemed the most legitimate.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
OK, maybe I should write that in another thread.
I really like Rory and Logan and I think, that they should be together, because they love each other (Rory doesn't love Jess any more) and they will even have a child. However, I've always loved Jess too. I can't just hate one of them. Although Jess definitively has many mistakes too.

As for the question about "bridesmaids incidents" - I just recently saw again a couple of scenes and I was surprised, how much I have forgotten and how different it has seemed now. So, asking people who are pro-Logan seemed the most legitimate.
I mostly lurk here these days. While I still dislike what he did, I don't dislike Jess as i once did.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I mostly lurk here these days. While I still dislike what he did, I don't dislike Jess as i once did.
Well, in revival Jess seems quite reformed. He helps Rory, he wants to be her true friend and a supportive family member.
Why did you dislike Jess? "Bedroom incident" or something else?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jess would actually have to be a character to be reformed. Except for the Look he wasn't a character. Right now he's a Guest Star "Mary Sue" that Dean also got in the revival. Jess was used to give Luke a sounding board and to give Rory an idea she should have been allowed to think up herself for her own good. We don't get to see Jess as his own character.

We barely got to see Logan as his own character. He's there to push Rory as well. But we did get glimpses of his life and how he reacts to personal things in all 4 seasons. (Though they were just glimpses). We also got to see Rory emotionally interact with Logan. Nothing with Jess.

No matter what people want to argue, Rory and Logan were officially broken up at Thanksgiving s6, when Honor called Rory and Rory chose not to call Logan. And they were unofficially broken up when neither called each other after a fight that Logan thinks started because of Jess. It started because Logan witnessed Rory being embarrassed about dating him in front of Jess. Or course Rory had been questioning her own decisions for a while. Questioning why she just took on Emily's life and Angry at Logan for not fighting his father if that life was also not for him.

So yeah it was a lack of communication and not cheating. Rory's brain knew that and that's why she took Logan back. It took her a while to accept it in her heart.

And really this discussion would fit a different thread. I want to go and defend Matt in the anti-Logan thread but it is what is. People are allowed to hate Logan (though that Matt dissing is something I call question too. Not the dissing but the allowed to go unchecked by people who disagree. I wish it was in a different thread. ). And people are allowed to hate Jess for whatever reason.

I personally will never like Jess for Rory since he was a horrible boyfriend. He had put on airs that he would be everything she wanted before they dated. Although if she looked closely he was always going to treat her like **** since that was his way of coping when things weren't going the way he wanted them or just because he's inherently a loner. And of course, the Keg Max scene is really personal to me. I don't think he deserves another chance. It's not something you earn back. Mary Sue or not...
Old 06-21-2017, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Well, in revival Jess seems quite reformed. He helps Rory, he wants to be her true friend and a supportive family member.
Why did you dislike Jess? "Bedroom incident" or something else?
I just didn't buy his woe is me act. His version of his mother and the woman we got were entirely different which made him seem like a drama king. I also really hate the bedroom incident cause I have actually been assaulted, but even before then I found him rude, disrespectful and not in anyway charming.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's more than just the bedroom incident. I can't stand jess temper and rudeness.

I am also in sort of a Vegas relationship with some one cause of long distance although we're both single and I did find out that he was recently seeing someone for a awhile and while that hurt its nothing compared to being pressured, their two different things

Last edited by fox24; 06-21-2017 at 10:04 PM
Old 06-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
I just didn't buy his woe is me act. His version of his mother and the woman we got were entirely different which made him seem like a drama king. I also really hate the bedroom incident cause I have actually been assaulted, but even before then I found him rude, disrespectful and not in anyway charming.
^This.

Reminder: This thread isn't meant to defend Jess. Please respect the fact that this is an anti thread and there are a lot of posters who are anti-Jess here who shouldn't have to feel like they need to defend their POVs. Thank you!
Old 06-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
So much this. He was awful 99% of the time, and his entire role in the revival was basically to prevent Rory from actually being in control of her own career. She was perfectly capable of coming up with that idea on her own, his presence wasn't needed.

Also I find it funny when people try to use Logan to defend Jess because I don't particularly like either of them, Jess is just worse.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-26-2017, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
And really this discussion would fit a different thread. I want to go and defend Matt in the anti-Logan thread but it is what is. People are allowed to hate Logan (though that Matt dissing is something I call question too. Not the dissing but the allowed to go unchecked by people who disagree. I wish it was in a different thread. ). And people are allowed to hate Jess for whatever reason.
Wait, who's ranting on Matt? Because that's strictly against rules to bash any actor.

As for this thread in general, let's please keep it to anti-RJ only. Anti or Pro Logan discussions need to happen in their corresponding threads. Thank you!
Old 06-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Wait, who's ranting on Matt? Because that's strictly against rules to bash any actor.

As for this thread in general, let's please keep it to anti-RJ only. Anti or Pro Logan discussions need to happen in their corresponding threads. Thank you!
It's not against Matt as a person but his acting and interview talk choices so it's not against the rules (I was dramatic saying Matt diss but it felt like it when I was reading it). Really it's just that it being in the thread that it is, I can't really go in defending him. I only accidentally went into the thread (because I didn't know what it was originally so I won't do that again. At least on purpose. And Yes there is enough means to be anti-Jess without Logan conversation

Right now I'm so over the Oh Jess will be there for Rory's baby. I'm like yeah right. Jess can't even stay around to have pizza and conversation. He never stays around.

Last edited by huntzmore; 06-26-2017 at 01:47 PM
Old 06-27-2017, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The idea that he would is just a bad joke. The second Jess has something, he loses interest fast, always has, always will.

Leigh Tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top