Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Extreme Fan

So if Luke and Lorelai get married, do you think April would really 'ship' Rory and Jess? When he came back in S6, I got the impression they didn't really remember the bizarre awkward stuff that happened in S4, so I don't know whey April would ever know about it. I felt awkward when he reappeared, and I had only been a witness. It was like an elephant in the room. But I guess they didn't feel it. That's how powerful their connection is- life doesn't affect them.

Wouldn't it be a tiny bit weird for a kid to pull for two relatives to get together?

I was just mulling this over, because it is part of the Lit popular vernacular. Of course she'd want her cousin and step-sister to hook up. And she'd obviously hang out with both of them all the time, learning their inner secrets. (Are we any closer to having a sarcasm font?)
Old 03-30-2015, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's interesting cause she didn't seem to think much of jess when she saw him even said his book was easy to skim. Jess didn't seem to go out of the way to make his cousin feel welcome even asked Luke if he questioned paternity when she was a few feet way. Of course it's subtext lol.

I think Lits even have baby Doula ship Rory and jess lol
Old 03-30-2015, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, it's kind of related to Jess being really wonderful with children.

Reading about criticism, this explains the yacht:

"The psychopathology of criticism refers to the study of unhealthy forms of criticism, and of unhealthy kinds of response to criticism. Psychologists often associate these with particular categories of mental disorders, especially personality disorders." There's a list, this one sounded right:

Quote:
Narcissistic personality disorder: although they may not show it outwardly, criticism may "haunt" or leave them feeling humiliated, degraded, hollow, and empty. . . Narcissists are extremely sensitive to personal criticism and extremely critical of other people. They think they must be seen as perfect or superior or infallible or else they are worthless. There's no middle ground
Old 03-31-2015, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That does explain Rory in the yacht unable to express criticism
Old 04-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it's kind of related to Jess being really wonderful with children.
Wasn't Jess quite nasty to Dean's little sister?

On IMDB right now there is a real big Jess lover, who of course is a bit nasty, I'll post some of it's post on here later.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently according to Lits it's okay cause Clara was being annoying, which kids usually are lol
Old 04-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Apparently according to Lits it's okay cause Clara was being annoying, which kids usually are lol
True, and how dare a child be annoying to the wonderfulness that is known as Jess.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, he's really warm and kind and caring. So of course kids would be drawn to him and he'd be great with them. It's all there in the show. Watch S6.

I read a long post on IMDb last night about the way that talk on the show. S/he said it really well, how the writers packed in so much dialogue and references and jokes that there's no time to process, and the unfortunate result is the characters lose their humanity. That's kind of how I feel- the dialogue was the prized aspect of the show, but everything else suffered.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course you need to drink the koolaid

This fic is a funny parody on different Rl are related

https://www.fanfiction.net/r/11124251/

Last edited by fox24; 04-02-2015 at 01:43 PM
Old 04-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Is it the one where Logan and Rory are related? I read the first chapter of that one. ....Yup, it is.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The second one was funny cause it had Mitchum dating Lorelai

I feel bad I missed April fools day post here a belated one.

In the finale of s8 jess would have came back decided to live in Luke's old place. Rory would give up her New York time job to be with him.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Mitchum dating Lorelai, what is the name of that fanfic, I'd like to read it.

A funny post taken from IMDB

Quote:
Re: Was Jess really that horrible?
image for user KatyMMM
by
KatyMMM
» 5 days ago (Sat Mar 28 2015 19:14:17) Flag ▼ | Reply |
IMDb member since March 2015
I don't know. Swans seem to hate him and everyone knows that swans are an excellent judge of character. He knew that, too. That's why he tried to cover up the fact. Rory would have dumped him in a hot minute if she knew that the swans were on to him.

The following is a post by a Jess lover.

Quote:
by
She-Ra42
» 5 days ago (Sat Mar 28 2015 14:22:18) Flag ▼ | Reply |
IMDb member since May 2003
You keep repeating these comments and not only are they offensive to so many, they reek of nepotism, arrogance, privilege, and the kind of grotesque judgment that myopic people who only place value upon money in life.

"Fellow losers"? Seriously? Every artist and writer and bookstore owner is a "loser". What a pompous douchebag. I don't understand why you'd even watch this show to begin with, since you'd probably hate Lorelei and most of the "common folk" in it, and would think that the mom of the show was the "hero" from the start.

I always find the whole nepotism attitude disenheartening-- while I realize people cannot help where they come from, they can help being snobs and being judgmental. Jess may have been imperfect, but doing what you enjoy and living a life you want to lead is far from being a "loser". The characters I did find to be "losers" in the show were the beige and uninteresting ones who had no minds of their own and who just went into a business that they didn't want to do because their daddy made them do it. To keep repeating that he was a "loser" because what? He was not going to go to an ivy league school? Because he was not going to be on wall street? Is that your definition of success? Whiny legacy snobs who might be clueless wankers and no personality and who end up like the grandfather -- being phased out and unhappy and replaced -- but hey, at least they have money!

Your views are offensive, and I think that most human beings who even remotely enjoyed the charm of the show would agree -- whether they liked Jess or not. Stop spreading such vitriol toward people who are completely decent and by plenty healthy standards, completely "successful" in their lives.
Notice the nastiness.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Why are they going on about nepotism? Is there some context that makes it make sense? Or do they not know what the word means?

Quote:
The characters I did find to be "losers" in the show were the beige and uninteresting ones who had no minds of their own and who just went into a business that they didn't want to do because their daddy made them do it.
How many of these characters were there, actually? Jess was uninteresting.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That person is crazy. I don't like Jess cause he doesn't have money. I liked Lane, Dave, and Dean and they weren't rich. to be fair Lorelai was my favorite character when I first watched the show it was as an adult that I noticed her problematic behavior and it had nothing to do with money.

Even if Jess had money ii would not have liked his rudeness or behavior in Kyle bedroom

Plus Richard, Jason, Mitchum, and logan seemed to make money fairly there was no ponzie schemes or embezzling

Last edited by fox24; 04-03-2015 at 07:41 AM
Old 04-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Extreme Fan

I didn't like/dislike any character out of how much money they did/did not have. No one worked/suffered the way poor characters on other shows did (e.g. Malcolm in the Middle, The Middle).

I had equal empathy in S1 for Luke and Tristan, and they were not similar. Jess behaved poorly to everyone; I never felt bad for him or related to him at an emotional level. He's misinterpreted as deep, but he was just angry.