Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Great posts, Joana and Melissa. I completely agree.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
I honestly never understand why he didn't end up going to college anyway considering he didn't help raise Rory or anything. His future was still pretty secure. I recall him mentioning that he wouldn't have had the marks to get in anyway or something (in S1) but having Rory wasn't an "excuse" for him not going to school when he wasn't there and didn't help co-parent or raise her. Sorry, another rant for another day.
Totally. Everyone always acts like Christopher was a victim of the situation whose future got sacrificed due to becoming a father at such a early age. But he never raised Rory!! He wasn't there for her. For 16 years, he never even visited her once. He could have done anything during that time. He's just a loser.

If he had to be in the revival, I would've liked that to be used as an opportunity for a Gilmore to finally call him out on his BS, not to once again send out the implication that Lorelai is to blame for him not being there for Rory. That is the message they want to go out on?

I'm currenly on 7x07 and it's been torture. These episodes hurt my heart and infuriate me. I I hate how Christopher is always so whiney. In 7x04, he whined that he got pushed to second plan on the date, because of Emily getting arrested. In 7x05, he whined that Lorelai thought he was like Sherry. In 7x06, he whined that he wasn't there for Rory growing up, when it was his own fault, leading Lorelai to pat him on the back, saying that its ok and letting him off the hook. I hate that. I hate how she brushed off the fact that he was a terrible father to her own kid. How could she ignore that it's beyond me.

In 7x07, I don't know. I'm trying not to look at the screen.

These episodes feel like such a different show. Lorelai does not interact with the town. It's like she no longer lives in SH. She spends 90% of her time with Christopher, a character that appeared in like 10 episodes throughout the show. It feels so forced. And suddently after getting married its like she's allowed to interact with the town again. Ugh.

I'm sorry, but I feel like I need a support system to get through these episodes.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarah (View Post)
Totally. Everyone always acts like Christopher was a victim of the situation whose future got sacrificed due to becoming a father at such a early age. But he never raised Rory!! He wasn't there for her. For 16 years, he never even visited her once. He could have done anything during that time. He's just a loser.
I agree. Christopher was never a victim yet he wants people to think he was. Especially with that speech to Rory in the revival. Sure he was young and scared when Lorelai got pregnant at sixteen but he never stepped up. That is no one's fault but his own. I hate how he tried to put the entire blame on Lorelai. He could've got his life together and choice not to for reasons that were totally unrelated to her having their child.

I also despised his parents for pretending that Rory was nonexistent. They, too, tried to paint Christopher as a victim. As if Lorelai getting pregnant was something she did all on her own and it was her plan to derail Chris' life. As I stated before, he could've gone to Princeton. Maybe if he tried to make something of himself, as a way to provide for Rory even if he wasn't raising her, he could've at least earned some respect. But he didn't.

Quote:
If he had to be in the revival, I would've liked that to be used as an opportunity for a Gilmore to finally call him out on his BS, not to once again send out the implication that Lorelai is to blame for him not being there for Rory. That is the message they want to go out on?
I honestly would've loved for Rory to say something during that conversation. It was the perfect chance for her to call him out on all of his BS. She should've brought up the fact that if he honestly felt that way he should've fought harder to be a part of her life. Or mentioned that Lorelai never kept him from her but that he just never chose to show face.

Quote:
These episodes feel like such a different show. Lorelai does not interact with the town. It's like she no longer lives in SH. She spends 90% of her time with Christopher, a character that appeared in like 10 episodes throughout the show. It feels so forced. And suddently after getting married its like she's allowed to interact with the town again. Ugh.
I'm pretty sure that was done on purpose. You know? She was avoiding the town in a way to avoid running into Luke (ever), to avoid the looks from the townies (their questions regarding the breakup etc) and trying to avoid her current situation. Even though she made the choice to be with Christopher showing him off to the town meant that she had accepted her predicament. That things were over with Luke. Even that knit-a-thon episode she's so completely uncomfortable having him come into town with her. She purposely tried to go in without him. The town disapproved of him and she knew it as well.

I think it was well done in the fact that it wasn't until he was out of her life that she was finally able to come out of her hiding place. Because, that's what she was doing with Christopher, hiding from herself and what she really wanted, Luke.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I feel like I need a support system to get through these episodes.
Oh, no worries. My mom and I are currently doing our re-watch of S7 as well and it irks me so much.
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I've always gotten the feeling that Chris just didn't want that responsibility of being a parent and was so immature about it and was fine leaving it all up to Lorelai. Chris has always been a weak person, even IN the relationship & "marriage" with Lorelai he couldn't take responsibility and handle things maturely.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
I've always gotten the feeling that Chris just didn't want that responsibility of being a parent and was so immature about it and was fine leaving it all up to Lorelai. Chris has always been a weak person, even IN the relationship & "marriage" with Lorelai he couldn't take responsibility and handle things maturely.
I think that's the way we all read it which is why I was annoyed that he tried to play it off like it wasn't his choice not to be there (in the revival).
Melissa | icon; Kita
Old 12-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

If Chris really wanted to help raise her, he could have. It is very frustrating that he's still making excuses as to why he wasn't around.

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. I really wasn't looking forward to watching S7 during my re-watch last month.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

I've been reading this thread and I agree with everything that's been said here.

CL in season seven was really hard to get through, tried to get through it as quick as I could.

it was great when she admitted that it didn't feel right. it was about time!
Old 10-07-2020, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasertagandcigars (View Post)
I've been reading this thread and I agree with everything that's been said here.

CL in season seven was really hard to get through, tried to get through it as quick as I could.

Welcome to the NESHBE thread where the bitching about Chris and his relationship with Lorelai is never-ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just stand still (View Post)
I think that's the way we all read it which is why I was annoyed that he tried to play it off like it wasn't his choice not to be there (in the revival).
I know Melissa doesn't post here anymore but I agree with her statement about Chris STILL not taking responsibility in the revival. So annoying.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:

I powered through it as well. And yes it was!
Old 01-27-2021, 09:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

what do you guys think of Lorelai saying that he was the man she wants to want? I don't see it as a big deal because I think she likes the idea of being a family with him and Rory so it didn't bug me too much but I've been reading things on Tumblr so I'm curious what others think..
Old 01-28-2021, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I think she always had that idea in her head of being a family. But the idea and reality were different.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea, definitely.

Quote:
me skipping over every christopher/lorelai scene in season 7

best moment!

Quote:
why would you ship lorelai with chris when you could ship her with happiness and a healthy relationship instead
Old 01-29-2021, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
what do you guys think of Lorelai saying that he was the man she wants to want? I don't see it as a big deal because I think she likes the idea of being a family with him and Rory so it didn't bug me too much but I've been reading things on Tumblr so I'm curious what others think..
That's how I feel, that she liked the idea of a family with Rory but as Lindsay said, reality didn't support that in the end.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea, I think it's just hard to get because I don't understand why she even went to Christopher, she seemed so over him for seasons..

Quote:
Luke & Lorelai after breaking up with one another:

-Lorelai goes to visit Luke’s daughter in the hospital when she gets her appendix out.

-Luke goes to help out when Richard (Lorelai’s father) has a heart attack. Runs errands with the family.

Christopher after one fight with his wife, Lorelai:

-Doesn’t show up until the surgery is over, only comes because Lorelai guilts him into it.

Who’s the better person here?
Old 01-29-2021, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

^ Exactly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread