Perfect gif is perfect!
Old 12-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well Emily, I ALMOST felt bad for you this season

Old 12-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Ju - Love the gif but what is it response to? Emily trying to get Christopher back in the picture with Lorelai?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What else would it be for?
Old 12-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I hated Emily messing with LL. Of course, Chris went along with it.

I know this is OT. I love how Monica's hair kept getting bigger in that ep. "It's the humidity!"
Old 12-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I know, I love that too, I can SO relate to that

What annoys me the most is that Emily doesn't even LIKE Christopher at all, she said so to his face, at HIS place, yet she pushes him to go after her daughter?? I thought moms were supposed to want the best for their children but this was so NOT the case here. She's rather see Lorelai with ANY man, good or not, as long as it was the man she and Richard picked out. Disgusting.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ju that scene bugs me. I find it very out of character for Emily. Not the pushing Christopher on Lorelai, but how she did it. I actually think Emily is one of the best characters in the show because you realize none of her "meddling" or desires for her daughter are born out of malice - in fact, they're done out of love and the inability to not be controlling. I felt like that scene (and actually Emily in the subsequent episodes as well...basically for most of the 5th season) was really out of character for Emily and never something she would have done/said in the first four seasons. Or even in the two seasons after that, in which I think they got her character back to normal a bit more. I think it was just done to stir up drama between Luke and Lorelai because they felt like their relationship would be too perfect otherwise or something, but IMO it wasn't the best way to do that.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was THE worst way possible. And yes, I agree, it WAS indeed out of character when you compare her season 5 behavior to the previous seasons.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Chambers (View Post)
What annoys me the most is that Emily doesn't even LIKE Christopher at all, she said so to his face, at HIS place, yet she pushes him to go after her daughter?? I thought moms were supposed to want the best for their children but this was so NOT the case here. She's rather see Lorelai with ANY man, good or not, as long as it was the man she and Richard picked out. Disgusting.
Yeah, I agree. It was all about status & wealth...despicable!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
^ I know, I love that too, I can SO relate to that
My sister can as well.

Quote:
Yeah. I hate that. Only because of his family's name. Ridiculous.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I posted this on tumblr as well awhile ago but this is basically what I feel like telling people who say Lorelai belonged with Christopher

Old 01-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Maybe you should edit that out, Jojo. If any CL fans read this thread, I don't want them to feel like they are being bashed.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
Maybe you should edit that out, Jojo. If any CL fans read this thread, I don't want them to feel like they are being bashed.
Especially since we have one posting on the board now.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Christopher deserved 10 punches after that finale, not just the one. That was so...like he took advantage of her, you know? Gosh didn't he SEE her face when she got there?? Yes she's an adult and she knows what she's doing, but sleeping with someone in that emotional state is just wrong on every level.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Christopher deserved 10 punches after that finale, not just the one. That was so...like he took advantage of her, you know? Gosh didn't he SEE her face when she got there?? Yes she's an adult and she knows what she's doing, but sleeping with someone in that emotional state is just wrong on every level.
Exactly. Lorelai never should have went to him, but he should have stopped it. Ugh.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread